Chapter 5

So Lucky To Have You

Week calmly passed and I definitely not calmly had to survive that week. Milion times per day Hoseok asked me about PMS, menopause etc. Then he just lowered numbers of conversation with me to minimum and did everything to avoid me. He even took two morning shifts but waking up so early was too hard for him. I didn’t feel sorry for him not once. But after this week I started feeling guilty. I treated him awfully but he didn’t do anything wrong, actually he didn’t do anything.

 

I bought one americano and some hotteok on my way for him. Before entering backstore I took deep breath. Hoseok was lying on the sofa with his phone not paying any attention to me. I wasn’t surprised. I was really nervous and could feel my hands were slightly shaking. It was easy for me to said that I was wrong but making apology was something I did really rare.

 

‘Oppa~’ I tried act cute but he didn’t mind to look at me ‘Oppa~ Oppa~ Oppa~ Oppa~...’

 

‘Okay! Just stop!’ He put his phone on the table and stood up. ‘So annoying’

 

‘Just like you but we both must live with it. Here.’

 

‘What’s that?’

 

‘I want to apologize.’

 

‘For?’

 

‘Can’t you just take it?’

 

‘Why do you wanna apologize?’

 

‘Yaah! I hate you and this stupid smirk… I’m so sorry for being jerk, and for taking my problems out on you. I was too focused on myself not seeing my nastiness or something.’

 

‘What kind of problems?’

 

‘Just don’t mention it. Are we okay?’ I moved my hand in his direction but instead he hugged me and Byunghun came in but quicly went out. ‘Shin Hoseok I really hate you.’

 

‘Admit it. he whispeared into my ear ‘You love me.’


 

That day was like three max five person per hour so mostly we were talking a lot and when he asked about my problems willy-nilly I had to tell him. I owed him… Also I had to tell somebody about it to relive myself. I told him that I decided to broke up with my boyfriend but I did it not thinking about consequences. Actually it was like that. I said ‘Let’s break up’ like proposing movie or ice-cream. I said it out of blue, not thinking about it and not being sure if it was right. I acted all sure and determined but then I felt like an idiot and couldn’t believe I said something like that. After awhile I knew it was right decision. The fact he agreed… It hurt. The worst thing was that he answered with relief in his voice. He wanted to do it, that was the reason he had came but he wasn’t that brave. My stupid decision only speeded up what was inevitable.

After 8,5h I was lying on the sofa waiting for Hoseok when my phone rang. I stood up fast just to see 'Mum' on the screen. She said I would be alone for week or so, I should take care of myself blahblahblah.

 

'Ready?' I jumped what made him laugh.

 

'Yeap.'

 

'Hyemi? Do you think I could hurt you?'

 

'What?' We were standing on the outside I could see my dumb expresion in store's window.

 

'Could I hurt you? I mean, do you thing I could beat you, kill you, you or something like that?'

 

'Well...' I chuckled 'I don't think s... What are you doing?'

 

'I can't take this sad face anymore. We're going to pub.'

 

'But...'

 

'No but. Don't worry we won't be alone. Now be quiet.'

 

We didn't go far. Pub was big and crowded. I wasn't surprised since it was Sunday but I didn't feel comfortable. Hoseok still held my hand and guided me to one of the table. He introduced his friends and told them I was his coworker. Hyunwoo was the one who first came to me but as soon as he introduced himself he backed to his seat. Hyungwon didn't pay much attention to me, Kihyun had gorgeous smile, Jooheon was the most manly untill he came closer and did aegyo. I couldn't stop laughing. Minhyuk was the brighest even if I didn't know him I felt comfortable. Changkyun was the most quiet but seemed friendly. I sat between Hoseok and Minhyuk. My biggest concern was that they would talk not paying any attention to me but they tried involved me in their conversation. Even Hyungwon who was really funny.

 

With them I was able to not thinking about all of my problems. They told amusements stories about themself, some to make Hoseok embarrased. Ater an hour Jooheon said he'd take a part in competition and he would be back. I was quite surprised. When he disapeard Minhyuk was the most talkative and made everyone laugh. I was a little bit drunk but all of them were actually even more than I was. Hyunwoo ordered some food and when waitress bring his orders the lights were turned off. People started scream and one boy was standing on the stage. Bright light lightened his body, wheras rest light were green, it wasn't dark nor bright. First competitor was young and not so good at rapping but people cheered him a lot. Next was a girl. When I saw her I thought she should be a model not rapper but when she started I was deeply impressed. After 4 next guys on the stage was Jooheon. Hoseok's friends were shouting his name before he started his rap. I was sitting with opened mouth and Hoseok laughed at me.

 

'Do you like it?' He said into my ear.

 

'Of course I do! But why didn't you tell me?'

 

'Surprise.'

 

I was sure he would won. It was best performance. Boys and girls after him wasn't that bad but not so good to defeat him. The last person came on stage and my smile disapeared. Yoongi. He was the last person I wanted to see. I couldn't blame Hoseok because I was sure he wasn't aware of the fact that he was my exboyfriend. He was good, really good. The only one who could steal victory from Jooheon. Result would be announce after short break. Boys were talking how good was Jooheon and they were sure he'd win.

 

I told Hoseok that I was going to the restroom. When I came back on my shaky legs on the stage was standing Jooheon, MC and Yoongi. I sat on my chair waiting for a results.

 

'And the winner is...' people kept yelling their names and both of them were smilling but could tell both were nervous. 'And the winner is Jooheon!' Boys were hugging each other like if they were the one who won. Minhyuk hugged me too and Hoseok did the same and in that time I noticed something what I definitely didn't want to see. Hoseok noticed change in my behaviour and moved back. Then looked in the same direction as me. When he let me go I was about to run away but Hoseok didn’t let me. He held my hand and took me outside leaving my stuff with his friends

 

'Who's he?' He asked still holding my hand.

 

'He is' I forced a smile 'my ex.’' I avoided his eyes. I t was hurtful seeing girl glued to Yoongi. 'I just wanna go home. Let. Me. Go!'

 

'No.'

 

'What's your problem?!'

 

'Mine? You're the one who want run away and then what? Crying next day? Week? Month? What does it change? If he doesn't care for you then you shouldn't too. You broke up with him does he know how you felt right after?'

 

‘I’m sure Taehyung told him since he's his best friend as well.’

 

‘So now you should show him that you're okay.'

 

'I don't want to see him.'

 

'You're here with us. Don't think about him. Jooheon won, let's celebrate. With us you will have some fun. Don't make me beg.'

 

'Would you?' he nodded. 'Why are you doing it?'

 

'We're friends, I can't let you be sad.'

 

I followed him back to the table. Yoongi still was busy with that girl. Hoseok kept talking to me, then Minhyuk, Jooheon and I tried my best to be focused on them not Yoongi. It hurt but what could I do?

 

I was much more quiet but I enjoyed their company. That was different side of Hoseok. When we were at work he was cocky, y, y and y but with them he was… silly. I liked both of his side but with goofy Hoseok I felt more comfortable. But even like that he was y. Or maybe it was just alcohol?

 

After celebrating Jooheon’s victory drunk boys decided to go home. Six of them lived in opposite direction actually Hoseok too but he said he’d walk me home. We said goodbye in front of the pub and waited until we were sure they could go on their own. It was bad decision because of that we came across Yoongi. Hoseok noticed him before I did and held my hand.

 

‘Let’s go, honey.’

 

We were walking in silence until we reached my house.

 

‘Hope you don’t think about him.’ He said and I could tell he was truly worried.

 

‘Actually I think about you. First’ I exposed one finger ‘How can you be so good for me when I’m so unkind towards you? Second, how could you be so silly and yet y in the same time? Third, I can’t believe I said second outl…’ I couldn’t finished my sentence. His soft pink lips covered mine and he stepped back  making me dumbfounded.

 

‘Go inside.’ He smiled lightly and I nodded being unable to make any sound. I run straight to my bedroom and lay down on my bed. I touched my lips with stupid smile.