Chapter 10

So Lucky To Have You

Hoseok woke up around 5p.m. instead of doing something productive he slept. Sleepy and with messy hair he made a breakfast, or dinner? Against his will he began to think about Hyemi. He wasn’t in mood for this kind of thoughts, turning the radio on he kept focusing on music to avoid thinking of her. When he ate and washed the dishes and sat back on the chair not knowing what to do next the song changed. First ten seconds made him feel like he knew this song but couldn’t recall artist nor tittle. But before he had heard first word in his mind he saw Hyemi singing this song.

 

‘Why do they play it?’ more than anger you could hear resignation in his voice. He was surprised they played Infinite - Paradise since it was 4 yo song. There were lots of new songs like GOT7 - Just Right or EXID - Ah Yeah and they had to play Infinite. He was about to turn off the radio but he stopped in the middle and run to his room to pick up his phone.

 

‘Hoseok, are you free today?’

 

‘Why?’ he asked trying to sound more enthusiastically.

 

‘Let’s  meet at 7p.m in our pub.’

 

‘But…’

 

‘No but. 7 p.m. Bye.’ Minhyuk hang out before Hoseok could say a word. He didn’t want to go but on the other hand it would be better than staying at home and thinking about Hyemi. It was nothing bad in thinking about her as long as those thoughts didn’t contain Kyunil. He took shower, got dressed etc and all of this he did much slowly than usually therefore he had to go out right after. All the way to pub he was listening music trying to cheer himself a bit. His friends knew him too well and he wasn’t in mood for explaining them everything. He was waiting for aronud ten minutes outside for rest. Some girls were sending him seductive look and despite he smiled to them he kept compared them to that little weird girl who couldn’t left his head. The question was if he wanted her to left his head…

 

When his friends came they entered the pub. Their usual table was taken so they chose the one next to the window near to the door. Even if in the morning (okay, it wasn’t morning but…) his mood was bad when he was with his crazy friends he felt much better. Jooheon kept teasing him about his work (everybody knew it was about Hyemi) that he prefer work than them etc.

 

‘You should do something with that.’ Jooheon’s smile changed a bit but Hoseok seemed not noticing it.

 

‘I have to work.’ He answered simply moving his glass from left to right.

 

‘Jooheon wanted to say you shou… Hey, is that Hyemi?’ At first part of Kihyun’s speech he was busy playing with his glass but when he mentioned Hyemi he quickly lifted his head. ‘I didn’t know she has so many male friend.’

 

Yeah. That was the problem. Hoseok didn’t know about it either. When he saw her something had told him to call her. When she turned a bit he was sure she would look at them but he was wrong. Right after her back he noticed five guys. Four and Kyungil. Hoseok was looking at those guys to ‘evaliate the risk’. His attention caught not so tall brown haired guy. He tired to be as close next to Hyemi as possible, what was worst she seemed enjoying his company. He wasn’t able to be so close for a long being pushed by Kyungil who put his arm around Hyemi. Could it be worst? There was another blonde guy but he didn’t pay much attention to Hyemi therefore Hoseok didn’t pay his to him. The one with maroon hair was like good boy and that black haired also seemed okay. They sit two tables away, he could see Hyemi’s and Kyungil’s backs.

 

‘That’s why you should do something. She likes you and yo…’

 

‘I know, okay? Just stop talking about it.’ He cut them off and drank rest of his drink.

 

Since then he was more focused on that table than his own friends. They didn’t bother him, they knew he wasn’t in good mood and just let him be. Once in a while he said something but it was rare. The more fun had Hyemi and her friends the more drunk he was. The more drunk he was the more sad he was. That brown haired guy tried to hitting on her but Kyungil kept pushing him away from her. When he thought about it a little more it was good he took care about her even if it hurt him, more important was that Hyemi was happy. He wanted her to be happy even if it wasn’t thanks to him. Kyungil went to the rest room and brown head sat next to her. She was looking at him and giggling what made Hoseok think she was flirting with him. Until he noticed Kyungil was back he was talking with his friend. They were surprised but didn’t say anything, the last thing they wanted was making him angry when he was drunk.

When Hoseok noticed Kyungil he was looking at that table again. Brown one backed to his chair like a scalded but still with smile. Kyungil told him something and from that time he wasn’t like ealier. He noticed all of them got up and Hoseok looked at his friends.

 

‘Another drink or we’re going home, Hoseok?’

 

‘Another.’ Of course another. It was better to get drunk than self-pity. Why should he be sad when she was o happy? He should be happy too, there were lots of girls who only waited for him to look at them but still the only person in his mind was Hyemi.

 

‘Hello.’ At first he thought it was his imaine not her real voice but it was no other than Hyemi. She bowed a little and was standing with pretty smile. Everybody except Hoseok greeted her and then left in order to buy new drink leaving them alone. ‘Are you okay? You loo..’

 

‘Sure.’ She cut her off and her smile disapear. He felt a bit guilty but seeing Kyungil through the window made him angry once again. She was confused not really knowing what to say. She simply sat next to him and took deep breath.

 

‘I haven’t noticed you ealier but when I did I wanted greet you. I’m here with my…’

 

‘Yeah, I know.’ He didn’t even look at her. His anger was bigger than desire to see her. Alcohol and anger wasn’t good mix. When you add jealousy to it than it is disaster.

 

‘What happened to you? I didn’t do anything and you ar…’

 

‘You said hello now you can go.’

 

‘Wh...Ummm. Okay.’ She was surprised by his sudden coldness. And that one sentence made her really sad and hurt. He’d never been like that to her and Hyemi didn’t know how to react.  She stood up not able to look at him, if she did she would probably cry. ‘See you at work, yeah?’

 

‘Yeah, whatever.’ He muttered but she heard it and in that moment her saddness turned into anger.

 

‘I wanted greet you, as a firend even if you had bad day you should force smile and do the same not being so cold without reason.’

 

‘Without reason?’ She first time saw that kind of smile and she hate it ever since saw it. Usually he was cute (or y) but that sarcastic one was hurtful. ‘Sure. There’s no reason. In the end you’re not two timer like Yoongi?’

 

‘Excuse me? Did you just say I two timed Yoongi?’ She couldn’t believe her ears. If his coldness made her sad this one was much worse. He was like not Hoseok. Completly different person, nothing in him was the same and it made her hurt more.

 

‘No, I said you don’t. How could you do such awful thing?’

 

‘You really think I did… Wait, wait, wait. You knew Yoongi was two timing me? How could you not tell me?!’

 

‘Because you wouldn’t believe me. Wasn’t it better to show you?’

 

‘He was two-timing me, you knew about it and didn’t tell me! And I was still with him when he did I don’t even want to know what he was doing with her.’

 

‘I’ll aks you once again. Is he your boyfriend? Kyungil’ He knew he did wrong not telling her about Yoongi but telling sorry was the last thing he thought about. He wanted know what kind of relationship she had with Kyungil. He was looking at her but even seeing her hurt face didn’t change his attitude, even the fact it was all because of him didn’t change anything.

 

‘Yes, he is.’ He was looking into her eyes trying to guess if she was lying but he was 99% sure it wasn't a lie and rest of his scruples were gone.

 

‘I just wonder who started cheating. Yoongi or y..’ He couldn’t end because of pain in his right cheek. He didn’t noticed when she did it but the pain was strong. He didn’t know what was more surprising: the fact that she hit him or how strong it was. He wanted say something else but she was already outside in Kyungil’s arms.

 

 

***

A/N

Well... While writing this chapter I changed my orginal plan that's why it can be not that good (and is shorter than I planned)

also I think about change plan for further chapters but I'm not sure...