CHAPTER 16

First Love Never Dies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Eunji’s phone suddenly beeps. She read the message.”Meet me at the café, please!” sender: Lee Jong Hwa. She thought there is something wrong. He never sends that kind of message. She didn’t reply instead she took her jacket and told Bomi she’ll be out for a while. Bomi didn’t have the chance to ask. Eunji went out of the apartment and head to the elevator clicking “G”. She was so worried of her friend, she wants to call him but she thought it’s better to see him in fact, he told her to come. She arrived at the café but no one is inside, did she arrive earlier? Or is the café closed at this hour? But he said to meet him at the café, so she’s expecting him to be at the said place already. Or maybe she went to the wrong café? But there’s only one café in which they always meet and that is this café. She took out her phone from her jacket and tried to dial his number when a cab arrived and made a horn sound. She looked at her back where the cab is and she saw him inside signaling to come towards the cab. With her eyebrows furrowed, she made her steps towards the cab. Jong Hwa opens the door of the cab and asked her to ride.

“Why? Aren’t we gonna meet here?” Eunji asked him while trying to sit properly inside the cab.

“I can’t pick you up from the lobby of your building, so I have to pick you up here.” Jong Hwa said smiling.

“So what’s with the message? I thought something bad happened to you.”

“You worry about me?” He said with a flash of bright smile, it feels good knowing she worries about him with that simple message.

“You pabo, you are my friend, why should I not worry? I thought someone was bothering you or I don’t know..it’s just..” Eunji can’t finish her words. She herself can’t understand why she acted that way. 

“I’m a Judo athlete, I can defend myself if anything happens like what you thought. The only thing that I can’t stop is a bullet.” He said while he mess her hair.

“Yaah..Jong Hwa..I haven’t even have time to put BB cream on my face much more of combing my hair. So don’t make my hair look like a bird’s nest.” She hit his shoulder with her fist.

“Arrgh..awh..you are still cute even when you just wake up.” He said teasing her more.

“You wanna die?” 

“I’ll be more willing to die in your hands.” And he laughed. The driver looked at them on the rear mirror and laughed silently.

After many meet ups, Eunji and Jong Hwa became closer that they tease each other oftentimes. Once a week if their schedule is not so hectic, they made sure to meet up. Eunji never know about Jong Hwa’s special feelings about her nor Jong Hwa knows her feelings too. 

“Hey, pabo..where are we going?”

“I recently discovered this place which serves very delicious foods and I know you will like as much as I do. So, on this White Day..I will not give you candy/I know you wouldn’t like it..I’ll just treat you to a nice meal. Happy White Day, Hyerimah.” He said making a thumbs up. Eunji giggled too in agreement and they did a high five.

“As usual. You’re the best, Jong Hwayah.” And she cuffed his face with her both palms. Jong Hwa felt his blood rushes to his face and he doesn’t want Eunji to witness that he’s blushing. He took off her hands pretending to not like it.

“I’m not a baby..don’t do that.”

“But you are a baby.” She teases him again.

“Haisst…this girl.”

“Hahaha..the baby’s ears are turning red. He’s shy.”

“No, I’m not..”

“You are.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“I changed my mind..I will not treat you.”

“Okay, I’ll behave.” She suddenly acts innocently which made Jong Hwa laughed hard again.

“Ahh Hyerimah..I feel so good today.”

“But of course you’re with me.” She said looking outside the window of the cab.

“You guys look good together. I think you can be a good couple.” The driver can’t help himself voiced out his thought about them.

“What? No..no..no..” Jong Hwa waved his both hands in disagreement.

“Ahjussi..” Eunji said simultaneously with Jong Hwa and cross her arms.

The driver didn’t say anything but laughed and shook his head.

They reached the place in no time. It was a bit far but they didn’t notice it because of bickering inside the cab. They thanked the driver and Jong Hwa paid him with some extra tip. The driver smiled at them in satisfaction and waved at them.

“Are you sure of this place?” Eunji asked Jong Hwa. The place looked secluded and there’s not much of the people pass by.

“Yup..100% sure. I came here last week with a friend and I want to come with you.”

“Ahh..”

Jong Hwa led her inside and the old woman greeted them. She then led them to small room with a table on the center.

“Woaah..it’s cozy.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter