CHAPTER 14

First Love Never Dies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Anneyeong hasseoyo, Ahjumma. How have you been?” Eunji and Jong Hwan simultaneously bowed to the old lady standing at the back of the counter.

 

__

 

The store has become bigger. It has improved a lot, it has a restaurant now serving more than just steamed buns but still steamed buns is in their menu. They had a hard time looking for the place, they thought it was closed already. They were standing outside the place for how many minutes arguing with themselves whether to come inside or just leave.

 

“Maybe it is not here. Are we going to ask?” Jong Hwa looks worried.

 

“We can ask.” Eunji told him blankly while staring at the name of the restaurant.

 

“We don’t know her name. What are we going to we ask?”

 

“Yah, Jong Hwayah..let’s just do it. Whether this is the right one or not, let’s just go in because I’m hungry.” She said touching her stomach which made Jong Hwa shakes his head. She’s really funny and cute, he thought.

 

“I thought you’re on diet.” Jong Hwa but just got hit lightly on his shoulder. He was all smiling with her “friendly” gesture. “Okay..we’re going in. Let’s go.” Fortunately, the old woman on the counter looks familiar though she got old, still they recognized her.

 

__

 

The old lady looked surprised with the two customers who greeted her, they seemed knew her but she can’t remember.

 

“Yes? You want a table to dine in?” She asked them innocently.

 

“Ahjumma, you can’t remember us do you?” Eunji said with a bright smile.

 

“Huh? Not really, may I know who this young couple in front of me is?” She asked and smile upon seeing them both smiling at her.

 

The two felt shy on the old lady’s comment. They look at each other and laugh a little though Jong Hwa blushes. Good thing Eunji didn’t notice. He fans himself with his hand.

“Ahjumma, we just have grown but we are still those little rascals who always buy your steamed buns. I’m Lee Jong Hwa and this is Jung Hyerim.” Jong Hwa is trying his best to be remembered.

 

The old lady tried her best to remember by staring at the two with so much curiosity and after a while her smile brightened.

 

“Awh, really? That dog and cat little rascals who always bicker? I never thought that you would have come back or even remember me. Come inside.” She leads them to a table. They bow again and look at each other. They made a high five that made the old lady laugh. How adorable these two can be?

 

“You both look so good together. Do you still bicker or are you a couple now?” She teased them and laughs playfully at them seeing they both blushed on her little comment.

 

“Anneyeo, Ahjumma. We are just friends, don’t be like that.” Eunji said while laughing shyly. Jong Hwa can’t even look straight in the old lady’s eyes.

 

“Okay..okay..I’ll serve you with our best dishes…” Said the old lady while staring at the two young friends. She still can’t believe that they still remember he after those long years.

 

“Don’t forget the steamed buns Ahjumma, we missed that.” Eunji reminds her.

 

“But of course, I will. And because it’s been a while, it’s a treat from me.”

 

“Anneyeo, Ajhumma. We’ll pay for it. It’s business.” At last Jung Hwa uttered.

 

“No..it’s okay..it’s not every day I can see you both here. By the way, where have you gone to?” She calls and asks her helper for the order. Her assistant who is a teenager widens her eyes upon seeing the two customers.

 

“A-Apink J-Jung Eunji? Omo..It’s really you!” She can’t contain her surprise expression, She covers with her hand and giggles.

 

“Anneyonghasseoyeo, how are you?” Eunji greets the young helper who can’t believe she’s looking at Jung Eunji in person. “Ahh.. please don’t say anything about seeing me here..okay?Today, I’m not Apink’s Jung Eunji..I’m just Jung Eunji..Okay?” She winks at her and the girl giggles then she fixed her eyes at Jong Hwa, trying to remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter