CHAPTER 12

First Love Never Dies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She saw Jong Hwa at the corner of the coffee shop wearing his hood on. She smiles and slowly walks towards him. Jong Hwa saw her coming and abruptly stood up to bow for a greeting. They smile at each other and Jong Hwa lets her sit first before he sat in front of her in that small square wooden table.

 

“What do you want for a drink, coffee or tea?” Jong Hwa asked because he doesn’t know what she likes now. It’s not like before when they were young, he knows everything –almost everything -- about her. Eunji smiles at him.

 

“Tea please. I don’t drink coffee. Not that I hate it but I’m just not into coffee.” She answered with a smile. Jong Hwa nodded his head. Number 1: she doesn’t like coffee. She prefers tea over coffee. He has made a list on his mind –a getting-to-know-Hyerim list.

 

“Okay. Tea. To be honest Hyerimah, I still don’t know much about what you like or don’t like. I might get wrong so can you help me? Just tell me what you want to eat for breakfast and I’ll order it.” He said shyly. He doesn’t know exactly what to do. It’s his first time to have a breakfast date and he’s not even sure what she likes.

 

“It’s okay..I’m cutting on carbs these days. I’m okay with just tea.” She knows Jong Hwa is nervous by the way he acts today. Awh this guy is so innocent and his innocence makes him looks cute. Eunji said to herself while watching her childhood friend looks uncomfortable and uneasy. She smiled thinking he’s the one who invited her for breakfast but then look at him now, he’s so nervous.

 

“Ahh really? Actually, me too. I’m on proteins only these days… Okay so I’ll just go to the counter to order drinks.” He smiled shyly and slowly got up. It’s a little white lie, he’s eating everything because he’s using so much energy in dance practice and competition show like in Cool Kiz on the Block where he was tagged as the “ace” of their Judo team but he’s just discipline because he does work out a lot.

 

“Okay..” She looks at him walking towards the counter with his hood on. She smiles again. “Our Jong Hwa has grown up. But he lost his confidence in growing up. He always teased me before. What happened?” She just mumbles those words while looking at him. Some memories came back to her and she smiles again. But got serious when she realized she looks like a fool smiling alone. Jong Hwa glanced at her from time to time when she’s not looking. He felt a little shiver on his body and his hand got cold while seeing her sitting looking at her phone. He is having a breakfast with her? Oh it’s not a breakfast, it’s just tea in this early morning but it makes him feel full. It’s like a date but it’s not. How many years had passed without seeing her but now she’s just in front of him. His memories came back when he was in Middle School. He smiled remembering that he even put her picture on his locker in the dorm, making her his inspiration in practicing Judo. That intense training needs positivity to go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter