Chapter 7: Don’t Believe Me?

Secrets & Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That door was made out of gold?!”

Donghae nodded, laughing as Eunhyuk’s eyes widened upon entering Tiffany Young’s place. Donghae had been to Tiffany’s place more than once since the soccer team was always invited for her parties and so he had gotten over the initial shock of how huge her mansion was. He didn’t personally knew Tiffany but he knew that she was from a very well-off family and that her parents had owned several big branded companies overseas. 

Donghae greeted a few of his soccer teammates while Eunhyuk stood behind him quietly. He was about to introduce Eunhyuk to his friends before arms wrapped themselves around his neck, nearly suffocating him. Donghae turned around to the owner of the mansion who purred into Donghae’s ears seductively.

“You’re here!” Tiffany giggled, “I was wondering when you’d show up.”

Donghae chuckled and then untangled the girl’s arms from his neck, wincing silently when she scraped her nails against his skin, probably doing it on purpose. This was no surprise to Donghae, having gotten used to her always throwing herself at him at every chance she got. Donghae had no idea why she was always all over him but Donghae knew that it had something to do with him being team captain for the school soccer team since this started shortly after he became team captain last year. Maybe Tiffany just wanted to date Donghae because of his status or something but whatever it was, Donghae could not be bothered with that girl. Donghae admitted that she was rather attractive but …. That was all there was. Donghae had no other feeling towards her and only viewed her as a …. Schoolmate.

 “Hey Fany,” Donghae smiled, “I brought a friend along, I hope you won’t mind.”

“Of course, any friend of yours is a friend of mine, Donghae!” Tiffany glanced to Eunhyuk who was hiding behind Donghae and then wrinkled her nose, “You look familiar.”

“We have English together.” Eunhyuk reminded her, “I’m Eunhyuk.”

The girl made a sound from the back of and then flipped her hair, glancing back at Donghae with huge eyes. “This is my favourite song! Do you want to dance?”

Tiffany grabbed Donghae by his arm, about to pull him away when Donghae stopped her, planting his feet firmly against the floor. “I… Uhh… I’m not in the mood for dancing in front of everyone actually tonight.”

“Are you in the mood for something else then?” Tiffany smirked as she rubbed her hands over Donghae’s chest, “Shall we go somewhere private and dance on our own then?”

A couple of the soccer team whistled while Donghae uncomfortably stepped away from the girl. God, can this girl just leave him alone? Donghae looked around and then smiled to himself when he thought of something.

“I… Uhhh… Oh my god, I think that girl is walking away with one of your handbags!”

Tiffany’s head spun to where Donghae was pointing at, “Who? Where? Was it Yoona? God, I knew she was jealous when I told her that it was limited edition.”

“It looked like a Prada bag,” Eunhyuk added from the back, playing along. “Or was it Gucci?”

Tiffany’s eyes widened as she told Donghae that she would be right back before she strutted off to the direction where Donghae had pointed, heels noisily tapping furiously against the floors. Donghae laughed, wondering just how in the world could she have fallen for that and then looked back to Eunhyuk who was grinning along with him.

Out of the blue, Donghae found himself blurting, “Do you want to dance with me?”

When Eunhyuk nodded, all thoughts of right and wrong vanished from his mind. Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk by his wrist, pulling him across the crowd, to the living room where everyone else was dancing to the upbeat music playing from the speakers of her living room. When Eunhyuk started to move his body to the music, teasingly grinding his body against Donghae, Donghae was completely at a lost for any words, his mind shutting down as his heart started beating twice as fast as it usually did. Instinctively, Donghae settled his hands over Eunhyuk’s slim waist and pulled him his body closer. Eunhyuk’s lips lifted into a y grin as he cupped the back of Donghae’s head and whispered into his ears with a low voice,

“I’ll always want to dance with you.”

***

 

"I don’t remember inviting any of you to my party,”

Tiffany Young looked different compared to how she looked a few years back. She was naturally gorgeous in the past, Ryeowook had to admit it, but now… She looked like a life-sized Barbie doll. Tiffany looked like an almost completely different person. Everything about her looked … Plastic. She had on more make-up than she did the last time, she lost so much weight that her facial features were sharper than anyone’s else Ryeowook knew and her black hair tumbled down her back in long silky curls. She had a complete makeover too with her fashion, wearing clothes that were more revealing than she had previously.

Tiffany pursed her lips and folded her arms across her chest, “Kim Heechul would be proud that you’re following his footsteps. Old habits die hard, don’t they?  Crashing parties was always his forte.”

“We’re not here to crash anyone’s party, Young.” Sungmin rolled his eyes, holding up his phone. “We got invited.”

Tiffany’s eyes darted from Sungmin’s phone and then to Sungmin, “Who sent you that? I never invited you!”

“Well someone did, so it up.” Sungmin responded nonchalantly. “And we’re not here to do any partying, we’re here to find a friend. We’ll be out of here before you can even spell your own name.”

Ryeowook had to fight the urge to giggle at Tiffany’s priceless reaction. Times like these, Ryeowook missed having a friend like Sungmin who could be a bad- whenever he wanted to. Sungmin then gave her a salute before pulling Ryeowook away from the glowering Tiffany. She was glaring daggers after the both of them and Ryeowook quickly looked away, afraid that if he looked at her long enough, he might just turn into stone or something like that. Ryeowook wanted to ask Sungmin what was that all about and why was Tiffany acting like that towards them but it felt like everyone kept coming between them, bringing up small talk here and there and always mentioning Heechul in their one or two of their sentences.

“So, it’s really true.” Large hands clasped both Ryeowook’s and Sungmin’s shoulder. “The lost lambs are really here, all three of them. Do I smell a group comeback? Without a leader?”

Ryeowook spun around, surprised. It was Kangin, one of Yunho’s friend. Ryeowook recognized him since they went to school together although the guy was older than him. This guy and Yunho were the troublemakers in school and so, everyone knew them. Although, Ryeowook had never uttered a single word to the big guy, considering he was really big and scary… And loud, very very loud.

“Group comeback? God, we’re not some lame Korean boy-band group.” Sungmin frowned removing the guy’s hands from his shoulder and then dragged Ryeowook by his wrist behind him when he noticed Ryeowook’s uncomfortable expression. “If you’re here, that means my sister and Yunho must be here too.”

“Of course, cutie. Everyone’s who anyone’s here.” Kangin replied with a smirk, “I was wondering when you’d ever appear… But I heard what went on with Young. Looks to me like she missed you out of her invitation list for a reason, huh?”

“What are you talking about?” Sungmin asked, sounding annoyed. “Are you drunk?”

“If I’m drunk, I’d be doing more than just chit-chatting with you.” Kangin winked.

“Lay a finger on me and I’ll kick your ,” Sungmin warned him, “I’ve done that once, I’d be happy to do it again.”

Kangin smirked and then tilted his chin to Tiffany, “Young’s fuming that you crashed her party. She doesn’t like it when the attention’s not on her, so keep your heads up.”

“Why is she so angry at us?” Ryeowook asked silently, looking away shyly when Kangin looked at him.

“So you can talk,” Kangin teased. “I’ve never heard you talk but now that I have, I think you should try next. I bet it sounds like music.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter