Chapter 16: Yours

Secrets & Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunhyuk, wait up!”

Donghae jogged behind Eunhyuk who was on his way to the bathroom. Donghae managed to grab Eunhyuk by his wrist when the latter did not want to stop. He spun Eunhyuk around and immediately let go upon seeing the beautiful pale boy looking like he was going to crumble down any moment. Eunhyuk took a step back from him, eyes red and glazy.

“What do you want from me?” Eunhyuk hissed, sounding frustrated.

Donghae ran a hand through his hair, frustrated at himself. He wanted to explain it all to Eunhyuk but the more he tried, the more his throat constricted and the more he got tongue-tied. Finally, after several failed attempts, Donghae looked at his feet and said the only words he could say.

“I’m sorry.”

Eunhyuk looked surprised upon hearing this. “Wh-What?”

“I’m sorry.” Donghae muttered again, a little louder this time. “I’m sorry for being a jerk.”

That’s right, Donghae wanted to say sorry for being a jerk. He knew all along that he had been hurting Eunhyuk but he didn’t know why he just wouldn’t stop.

“So you admit that you’re being a jerk?” Eunhyuk questioned quietly, sounding half-annoyed and half-amused.

“Yeah… But… I have my reasons.” Donghae swallowed a lump in his throat. It was now or never. “Will you… Will you give me some time to explain it all to you?”

Eunhyuk looked hesitant, his beautiful huge eyes were distant and cold. However, Donghae noticed that Eunhyuk had pursed his lips and was looking like he was thinking about it. It was good, Donghae thought. At least Eunhyuk was thinking about giving him a chance than giving him an immediate rejection.

“I’ll even treat you to strawberry pie.” Donghae added quickly. “Or strawberry milk. Or… Just… Anything. Gosh, Eunhyuk… You’ve got to give me a chance.”

Eunhyuk bit his bottom lip and then finally sighed, his frowning lips slightly lifting into a small smile. “Alright, but I’m only giving you a chance since you offered to buy the pie. And I want three pies.”

Donghae jumped, fisted hands punching in the air. He felt like a silly five-year-old but he couldn’t help himself. Eunhyuk was giving him a chance and that was all it mattered. It didn’t matter if Eunhyuk had asked him to get a thousand strawberry pies. Donghae would still get them for the boy, as long as he gave him a chance to explain himself.

Donghae was so relieved that he didn’t realize that he had grabbed Eunhyuk’s hands and gave it a squeeze. It wasn’t until Donghae noticed Eunhyuk’s cheeks growing pink that he realized that he was still holding onto the latter’s hand. Only, this time, instead of letting it go as quickly as possible, Donghae gave their interlocked hands a squeeze. They walked out, hand-in-hand and when a waiter passed by them, Donghae made sure to order the pies.

“We’re not eating here?” Eunhyuk asked, surprised that Donghae had ordered for the pies to be packed away.

“No, we’re going back to my place.” Donghae told Eunhyuk.

As they reached the table where Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were looking like they were talking or perhaps maybe arguing about something, Donghae cleared his throat. Eunhyuk quickly released his hands from Donghae’s and Donghae looked at him, confused.

“Oh, you’re back?” Ryeowook asks, face looking flushed.

“Yeah,” Donghae then glanced over to Kyuhyun and then to Ryeowook. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” Ryeowook asked, sounding a little awkward.

“You just look a little…” Donghae tried finding the right words to describe how Ryeowook looked without sounding too straight-forward. He kind of looked pissed off at something, or maybe if Donghae had to guess, pissed off at what Kyuhyun had said to him earlier on.

“I’m fine,” Ryeowook waved his hands.

Donghae watched Ryeowook with wary eyes but Ryeowook patted Donghae’s hands and Donghae guessed that it was Ryeowook’s way of telling him that he really was fine. Plus, he was with Kyuhyun and they both kind of have a thing going on. Donghae figured it must have to do with that.

“Eunhyuk and I are going off soon.” I told the both of them.

“So soon?” Ryeowook asked.

“Yeah.”

Thankfully, neither Ryeowook nor Kyuhyun asked them why.

“Are you okay getting back on your own?” Donghae questioned since he drove all of them there.

“I’ll drive him home.” Kyuhyun quickly interrupted.

“What about Henry?” Eunhyuk asked from next to Donghae, surprising him. “Where is he, anyway?”

“Bathroom.” Ryeowook replied. “You didn’t see him?”

“No, he must have went to the other one.” Donghae shrugged his shoulders.

Kyuhyun frowned, “What about him, anyway? He can walk home on his own for all I care.”

Ryeowook nudged Kyuhyun by his ribs, hard before sending Eunhyuk and Donghae an innocent smile. “We’ll drop him off at his place, no worries.”

Donghae watched as Kyuhyun pouted. He didn’t know what was up with Kyuhyun and Henry but it seemed like the boys didn’t really like each other. Whatever it was, Donghae was getting out of this mess as soon as he could. He waved goodbye to Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, paid for the pies and then with Eunhyuk right behind him, headed back to the car parked outside.

***

What was up with Kyuhyun?

He was acting so possessive of him in front of Henry, it was driving Ryeowook crazy. Hell, Kyuhyun even called him his boyfriend. Since when did that happened? Last Ryeowook checked, they were… Well… What were they? They made out in secret but they never talked about their feelings for each other. But…. Ryeowook saw the look on Kyuhyun’s face when he saw the pictures of Heechul and Yunho. Kyuhyun was heartbroken. Ryeowook could see it. And it made Ryeowook heartbroken too.

Had Kyuhyun really gotten over his feelings for Heechul?

Was Ryeowook just a replacement all this time?

It bothered him that he didn’t know what this all meant. All his life, he wanted to be with Kyuhyun, he dreamt of getting together with this dreamy boy. But now… It felt like everything was falling apart because Ryeowook felt like there was no way, Kyuhyun would ever fall for someone like him. Especially now when his past lover was Kim Heechul. No one could ever beat Kim Heechul. When Henry came back, Ryeowook explained to him that Donghae and Eunhyuk had to go and the rest of the dinner was awkwardly silent. Kyuhyun must have picked up that Ryeowook was annoyed at him or he must have been really affected by those pictures that he was silent throughout the rest of the dinner. Once the pizza was done, Ryeowook offered a ride back to Henry but he refused telling them that he was going to meet up with a couple of his friends. In the end, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were left at the restaurant, both of them paying for the pizza together and then heading to Kyuhyun’s car.

Kyuhyun was strangely quiet throughout the whole drive. Ryeowook wanted to ask if he was okay but thought better of it. Kyuhyun looked like he was deep in thoughts and Ryeowook internally sighed. He would probably be thinking of Heechul and Yunho… Ryeowook didn’t even realize that they had already reache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter