Chapter 13: Complicated

Secrets & Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meet me in classroom 10.

Alone.

That was what was written on the note Ryeowook found sticking onto his locker during lunch time. At first, Ryeowook thought of it as a joke but then again, these anonymous notes were never jokes – at least not recently. The note had to be from H. But why didn’t H signed off with its name? And why would H want to… Meet him… Alone?

Ryeowook pondered over this unsure if he should go and meet H alone or just ignore this note. Either way, Ryeowook could already think of the consequences coming his way knowing that H was dangerous. If Ryeowook refused to go, H could ruin him or even his friends. And if Ryeowook decided to meet H…. God knows what would happen. Ryeowook took a deep breath, trying to steady his panicked emotions.

“It’s a school.” Ryeowook told himself, quietly, “H can’t do anything to me in a school…. Can it?”

No, it can’t.

He was in a freaking school! There would be people walking outside the classroom and there would be nothing to be afraid of. Once Ryeowook managed to persuade himself and somehow found the courage, he started walking towards classroom 10. Ryeowook’s heart was beating wildly against his chest as he neared the classroom. Now that he really was here, he had second thoughts of meeting H. H could have been the person that killed Heechul. Ryeowook would be meeting a killer and he didn’t know what he should do. What should one do anyway if they were to meet with the killer of their best friend?

With trembling hands, Ryeowook lifted his hands and placed it on the doorknob. He looked around the hallways, noticing that it was completely deserted. Great. Now how was he going to be rescued if anything happened to him? Before Ryeowook could back out and run down the hallway in defeat, the door burst open and Ryeowook gasped when someone gripped onto him, hands clamping onto his mouth disallowing him from screaming out for help. 

***

Wanna know where your BFF is?

Head down to Donghae’s favourite classroom

;)

-  H

Sungmin in a sharp breath, looking up from his phone. He caught Donghae’s eyes staring back at him from across the school cafeteria. Donghae had the same expression mirroring Sungmin and he was holding onto his phone confirming that he had received the same text message from H too. Sungmin then looked around the cafeteria, trying to search for Ryeowook within the other students. When he couldn’t spot Ryeowook anywhere, Sungmin started worrying.

“Hey, where are you going?” One of Sungmin’s friend asked as he stood up.

“Umm… I need to go check on something.” Sungmin lied, noticing that Donghae was also getting up from his table and explaining to his friends that he needed to go. “I’ll catch up with you guys later.”

His friends threw him a bunch of questions but Sungmin pretended that he hadn’t heard them. He walked out of the cafeteria and met up with Donghae.

“Where is Ryeowook?” Donghae immediately asked in a panicked voice.

“I think we’re going to find out.”

“What?” Donghae stilled. “You mean… H’s talking about… Ryeowook? Not… Heechul?”

“I don’t know but Ryeowook wasn’t in the cafeteria.” Sungmin pursed his lips, “And I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

“Well, come on then,” Donghae urged. “Let’s find him.”

“Wait! But… What does H means by your favourite classroom? The gym?”

Donghae froze.

“You kind of don’t really look like you have a favourite classroom.” Sungmin continued, “No offence.”

Donghae’s expression hardened as he looked down and whispered, “H must be talking about classroom 10.”

“Classroom 10? Wasn’t that… Weren’t you the one who told us that it was Heechul’s favourite classroom?”

“That’s not important,” Donghae snapped, “Come on, let’s just go.”

Sungmin pursed his lips and shrugged, following after Donghae. Why had Donghae snapped at him for bringing that up anyway? And more importantly… How did Donghae know that H was talking about classroom 10?

Sungmin and Donghae rounded the hallways and stopped outside classroom 10, looking around. Sungmin lifted his hands and held onto the handle of the doors but Donghae stopped him, eyes wild and panicking.

“What’s wrong with you?” Sungmin whispered.

“What if it’s something…. Bad?” Donghae questioned, chewing onto his bottom lip.

“Like what?”

“Like… I don’t know… What if… What if Ryeowook’s dead?” Donghae trembled, “This is H we’re talking about.”

“Why would H kill Ryeowook?”

“Whywouldntit?”

“Donghae, you need to stop panicking and calm down.”

“There’s going to be a dead body behind that door, Min.” Donghae whispered, all the colour drained out from his face. “And if I pass out, you’re going to need to catch me.”

“For god’s sake, Lee Donghae. Aren’t you the soccer team captain?” Sungmin shook his head in disbelief, “Act like the man that you are. We’re going in now and you’re not allowed to faint or even run away, understood?”

Donghae hesitantly nodded, although Sungmin knew that the soccer team captain was already prepared to run for his life if there really was a dead body behind that door. Sungmin then slowly pushed open the door and both the boys found themselves gasping out loud.

“Oh my god, that is even worse than a dead body!”

 Sungmin heard Donghae screaming in fear from behind him and the couple that was inside the room who were busy making out passionately jumped in surprised and quickly released each other.

“Sungmin… Donghae…”

Ryeowook breathlessly muttered, his cheeks flushed pink. He jumped off the table that he was sitting on and looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter