Chapter 15: Lovebirds

Secrets & Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s Yunho, not Eunhyuk!”

Sungmin insisted after the trio got literally chased out of the studio after finding out that Sungmin had… Well… Broke the door to his basement. Once they were back in the car, Sungmin told them of what happened while Donghae listened to him attentively while Ryeowook tried to pull out bits of clay out from his hair.

“Eunhyuk told me that he was afraid of Heechul.” Sungmin told the boys and then told them that Eunhyuk and Heechul used to be in the same school and that Heechul had severely bullied him. “He hated Heechul but I doubt he would kill Heechul.”

“And if it’s really Eunhyuk, then the mold of his mask should be in that damn basement. But it wasn’t. There wasn’t any face that looked like Eunhyuk’s. But there was a face that looked like Yunho.”

“So you’re saying that Yunho is H? Yunho killed Heechul?” Ryeowook asked, frowning as he rubbed his face. “But why would he? And… Isn’t Yunho married to your sister?”

“Well… They broke up shortly after you left and then got back together again a few years later.”

“What about their baby? Seohyun was pregnant, wasn’t she?”

Sungmin froze, “Wait… How… how did you know that?”

Ryeowook, upon realizing what he had just said, softly cursed. Oh dear god, he had just revealed a secret. “I… I overheard your conversation with Heechul… On that night… He disappeared.”

“What I don’t get is why Yunho would hate us if he used to date Heechul? Does that means that he was Heechul’s secret lover? Does that means that Yunho is Fried Rice?” Donghae sighed out loud, “God, I swear to god, I can sign up to be a detective once this is all over and done with.”

“We should find out if Yunho and Heechul were friends from before.” Ryeowook suggested quietly, “Minnie… I… I wonder if…”

“If what, Ryeowook?” Sungmin asked with a slight edge in his voice.

“If… Well… You could maybe… Try and get some answers from Yunho.”

Both Donghae and Sungmin shouted at the same time.

“You’re a genius, Ryeowook!

“That’s crazy, Wookie!”

Sungmin frowned at Donghae who had supported Ryeowook’s idea. “I can’t just… Ask Yunho about Heechul. It’d look suspicious! What if he’s H and he starts attacking me and kills me right in my own living room! It’s going to be in a mess with blood and -”

“How do you know that Yunho’s going to kill you in the living room? Murderers usually kill their victim in the basement or at the back of the house.” Donghae argued and then got back to business and said, “Just sneak into his room when he’s not at home and look through his things for pictures or anything! He’s living in your house isn’t he?”

When they stopped at a red light, Sungmin slammed his head against the steering wheel and groaned, “Oh god, what am I getting myself into this time.”

Sungmin then took a deep breath and look across the passenger seat to where Donghae was seated, “Okay, fine I’ll do it. But I’m not the only person who has to do some investigating. The both of you needs to do some work too.”

“Hae, you need to talk to Eunhyuk and find out if he really has any grudge against Heechul. His face might not have been in that basement but his name was mentioned. How would the owner know of his name if he’s innocent?”

Donghae’s face paled at the mention of Eunhyuk and Sungmin then glaced around to Ryeowook. “And you, you need to find out about Heechul and if he had any other close friends of enemies from his previous school or hometown by talking to his family. Since you’re close to Henry, you can pretend to send flowers to him or something and try to ask him about his brother. There must be a reason why Kyuhyun thinks Henry killed his own brother. Heechul isn’t the only person whose name starts with the letter H in that family.”

Sungmin stopped his car as they were outside Donghae’s house. The trio were however surprised as they caught sight of Eunhyuk who was outside his own house. However, Eunhyuk was talking to Henry. It looked weird as Eunhyuk looked suspicious. He looked left and right and then passed Henry something that looked like an envelope. Henry quickly slipped it in his bag pack.

“Hey, did you see that?” Donghae whispered.

“We’re in a car, they can’t hear us.” Sungmin pointed out and then continued, “But yes, I did. What the hell was that? And since when did they know each other?”

“Well… They’ve met before at the police station once because of Heechul’s murder case. Henry’s family was at the police station and Eunhyuk was there for some questions the police had for the body found in his backyard.” Ryeowook explained.

“Well, now’s the time both of you get to work.” Sungmin insisted, “Get out there and invite them for dinner and ask them questions.”

Before Donghae and Ryeowook could protest, Sungmin half-shouted at them, “Go!! Henry’s almost leaving!”

Donghae and Ryeowook scrambled out of the car in fear of an angry Sungmin. Everyone knew that it was wise not to anger the intelligent Sungmin. Because if you did, he’d bust up his karate moves on you or god knows what. Donghae wanted to tell Ryeowook that he didn’t want to do it but before he could back out, Henry saw the both of them and raised his hand in greeting to the both of them. Donghae swallowed and walked with Ryeowook next to him towards Eunhyuk and Henry.

“Hey there,” Henry greeted, “I haven’t seen you in a long time, Hae.”

Donghae nodded, “How are you, Henry?”

“Still coping,” Henry gave a half-smile and then half-hugged Ryeowook, “Hi Ryeowook.”

“It’s good to see you again, Hen.” Ryeowook smiled and patted Henry’s hair. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh… I was just in the neighbourhood and saw Eunhyuk sitting on his porch so I just came up to talk to him.”

“Ah, I see.” Ryeowook then awkwardly shifted his gaze at Donghae, trying to signal him with his eyes to ask them out for dinner. Donghae however was looking down at his feet, avoiding everyone’s gazes. It was weird since it felt like only Ryeowook and Henry were there. Eunhyuk was extremely quiet that he almost forgot that the boy was there.

“So,” Ryeowook begun nervously, “Donghae and I were thinking of getting some pizza. Do you want to join us?”

 “You just love pizza so much, don’t you Wookie?” Henry chuckled and then nodded, “Sure, why not. I’m starving actually right now.”

“Great!” Ryeowook then tilted his head to Eunhyuk, “Do you want to join us?”

Eunhyuk shook his head at first however Donghae cleared his throat and softly said, “Hey,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter