Chapter 17: It's All Gone

Secrets & Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Found pictures and a flash drive in Henry’s bag. The pictures were of Heechul and Yunho and one of them of Heechul, Yunho and Kangin. 9.43pm

Donghae left with Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun is sending me home. Henry left a few minutes ago, said that he had to meet a couple of friends. 10.05pm

Min, this is urgent. Call me. 10.50pm

S.O.S. Need to meet now. 10.53pm

REPLY ME. 10.54pm

Sungmin chewed on his bottom lip, reading all the texts once again. He had been in the kitchen, half cooking up a meal and half fooling and messing around with Yesung. When he arrived, Yesung was trying to make spaghetti and everything was a mess. He hadn’t realized all the messages Ryeowook had left him until he checked his phone an hour later. Sungmin typed a short reply and put the phone aside, picking up his fork and then frowned when his phone vibrated a couple of times less than a second after replying Ryeowook. Sungmin looked up apologetically to Yesung across the table who had stopped talking due to the constant vibrations from Sungmin’s phone.

“Everything okay?” Yesung asked with a concerned look on his face.

Sungmin nodded and then shook his head as he read the text. “Um… I actually… Something came up and I… I’m sorry but I think I have to get home now.”

When Yesung gave a worried look, Sungmin reached out and patted Yesung’s hands and then lied. “It’s nothing. My sister just wants me to get home. She’s having boyfriend problems.”

“Oh, are the both of you close?” Yesung asked, relaxing a little.

“Yeah, of course.” Sungmin lied once again and then stood up and brought his unfinished spaghetti to the sink. “I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Yesung stood up as well, following Sungmin as Sungmin walked over to the living room to grab his bag. “I had fun tonight.”

Before Sungmin left, he turned around and stood on his tiptoe, pecking Yesung’s lips. “Me too.”

Yesung smiled and pressed his lips against Sungmin more fiercely and Sungmin sighed into the kiss. He really didn’t want to leave. They were having so much fun and Sungmin was starting to think that this was one of the best dates he had ever had. Sungmin broke the kiss and then hugged Yesung, resting his head against Yesung’s solid chest.

“You know,” Yesung begun, kissing Sungmin’s hair. “We still haven’t had the chance to talk about… Us.”

Sungmin knew that. He had purposely avoided the topic of their relationship every time Yesung brought it up and hinted at it while they were cooking just now.

Sungmin leaned back so that he could look at Yesung’s face. Yesung was still holding his waist and it was hard to even think of anything to say when those hands were threading onto his skin through his shirt. “Tomorrow?”

Yesung gazed at Sungmin with loving eyes as he finally nodded, sighing. “Sungmin… I really mean it… That I’m hoping that we can be more than just… What we are now.”

“But… You’re my teacher.” Sungmin finally said it. “And I’m your student. If anyone ever found out that we’re in a relationship… You can lose your job. I can get expelled. There’s so many things can go wrong if anyone ever found out, Yesung.”

“But what if no one found out?” Yesung asked, staring at Sungmin intently.

Sungmin fell silent, really thinking about the possibility of their relationship if no one ever found out. Yesung was sweet, caring, kind, funny and a god in bed. He cared for Sungmin and had always made sure that Sungmin was pleasured thoroughly. Yesung was different, very different from Yunho and all the other guys Sungmin used to date or like or… Slept with. Maybe it was because Yesung was slightly older or maybe because Yesung was truly matured. Either way, Sungmin liked Yesung and he actually could envision a future of the both of them together in the future.

Sungmin thought that it was actually possible to keep their relationship private. Sungmin never was the type of person who publically declared to the world updates about his love life anyway. He was always a private person. But really, for how long could they keep this up, especially in a small town like this? Releasing a frustrated sigh, Sungmin shook his head. He had other things to worry about now. Tiptoeing, Sungmin pecked Yesung’s lips and waved him goodbye before leaving the apartment.

Once he was outside, walking towards his car, Sungmin glanced down at his phone, typing a text to Ryeowook.

Be there in 20 minutes. This better be good.

***

“Did you get a hold of Donghae?”

Sungmin asked as he took off his coat and draped it over a chair in Ryeowook’s room. When he arrived Ryeowook’s house, it was a mess with boxes in the living room. No one was home except Ryeowook and Sungmin didn’t ask any questions thinking that their family must have been too busy to unpack from just getting back from New York.

“He switched off his phone.” Ryeowook answered.

“I should have done that too,” Sungmin quietly muttered under his breath.

“I heard that,” Ryeowook snapped, looking a little edgy.

“Sorry,” Sungmin apologized and then took a seat next to Ryeowook on the bed, looking at the flash drive Ryeowook had stolen. “Have you looked at what’s in this yet?”

Ryeowook shook his head, biting his lips nervously.

“Then grab your laptop.” Sungmin ordered.

Ryeowook got up from the bed, but instead of taking his laptop, he started pacing around the room. Sungmin watched him, raising his brows anxiously. Finally, Ryeowook stopped pacing as he took a deep breath. He pulled a drawer from the side table and handed Sungmin a card gesturing for Sungmin to read it. Sungmin begun reading it a moment later, he glanced at the ceiling with tears in his eyes.

“I… I know about your relationship with Mr. Kim.” Ryeowook quietly admitted, taking a seat next to Sungmin. “H knows about it too.”

“My father cheated on my mother a long time ago. H knows this and he’s threatening to send the videos to my mum if I don’t tell the principal on you.” Ryeowook explained. “My mum’s already moved out from my house.”

“Oh Ryeowook….” Sungmin begun, not able to keep the tears away. He blinked and a few drops of tears fell from his ears and he hastily wiped them away. “I’m so sorry.”

“I’m sorry too, Minnie.” Ryeowook’s eyes were wet as he continued, “But you don’t have to worry about your secret. It’s safe with me for now.”

“H has already broken my parent’s relationship, so I’m not going to let it break my friend’s relationship too.”

Sungmin’s lower lip quivered and he pulled Ryeowook into a bone-crushing hug. How could someone so small and so adorable be so brave and selfless?

“I’m sorry, Ryeowook.” Sungmin apologized, feeling remorseful. Ryeowook had to sacrifice his parent’s relationship for him. “I’m really sorry. I… I wish I could… Do something…”

Ryeowook patted Sungmin’s hands. “It’s okay, Minnie.”

“It’s not, Wookie. Your parents are separating and it’s all because of me!”

“It’s my dad’s fault, Minnie. None of these would happened if my dad hadn’t decided to cheat on that woman.” Ryeowook sighed, “Plus the damage has been done the first time H unveiled the truth.”

“What? H told your mum about all of this?”

“Yes, my mum found a letter from H telling her that my dad cheated on her and that I knew.” Ryeowook bit his lips, his voice cracking. “It was supposed to be a secret.”

“No one knew about it?”

Ry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter