Final (Part 1)

My Lover is a ....?!

 

Eunhyuk was laughing with sungmin and his other friends happily at a place where eunhyuk didn’t know. But something was wrong with his laugh. His laugh was forcefully made. His laugh was fake. His laugh was empty as it resembles how his heart was. His heart was missing something inside but he didn’t know what it is. Not until he saw a figure outside, passing that place without sparing him a glance.

Eunhyuk’s movements came to a halt and widen his eyes. He knows that person. He knows him for all his life. “Hae-hae..”the name of the person came out almost as a whisper. His heart was beating fast and he knows he have to catch hae-hae before he disappears completely from his sight. If not, something will happen that will make him regret for all eternity.

He stood up fast from his seat and rush through the door of the place ignoring his friends calling and run through the streets, searching for the figure of the reason why his heart was beating fast. His eyes were searching everywhere with the feeling of worried, scared, and anxious all mixed up inside of him. “Where are you hae-hae…”eunhyuk’s voice was desperate as he still walked aimlessly on the streets searching for that person he yearns for.

And finally, he found who he’s searching for at a place so familiar to him. The park where hae-hae made him promised to wear the ring necklace if their feelings are finally mutual…

Hae-hae put the cake on the blanket and pulled eunhyuk to sit down with him. “I hope you like the surprise hyukkie.. and of course there is always present on birthday right?!”Hae-hae said and hold out the couple ring necklace in front of eunhyuk.

“I-Is t-that…for m-me?”eunhyuk pointed to himself not believing it. “Of course it is for you hyukkie. Why would I buy it of it’s not for you..”Hae-hae chuckled and put the necklace on eunhyuk.

While he was wearing it for eunhyuk, hae-hae talked, “Hyukkie, do you know why I bought this ring necklaces?” Eunhyuk shook his head, “N-No I don’t..Why?”

Hae-hae already put on the necklace and smiled at eunhyuk. Eunhyuk looked at it and touched the ring and then he looked back at hae-hae. “I bought them because I want you to promise something to me.. C-Can you hyukkie?”Hae-hae asked a little bit hesitant but eunhyuk quickly agree because hae-hae already do this much for him. So why can’t he make one promise to hae-hae right? “Sure hae-hae.. I don’t mind..”Eunhyuk smiled and nodded.

“Well I want you to promise me that if you ever came to love me, I want you to wear the ring on your necklace.. that will be the symbol you finally accepted me as your lover.. Can you please do that hyukkie?”Hae-hae eyed eunhyuk nervously.

Eunhyuk was silent after hearing what hae-hae said, then he looked up smiling his sweet gummy smile at hae-hae, “I will hae-hae.. I promise..”

Eunhyuk saw that hae-hae was walking to the tree that has so much meaning to him, to hae-hae, to them. But at that time he didn’t like the tree at all because he feels it gonna take something or actually..someone precious to him. Eunhyuk didn’t want what he’s feeling to come true so he quickly ran to the figure grabbing the person hand tightly, stopping the person half-way reaching the tree.

“H-Hae-hae..”eunhyuk’s heart was beating loudly against his chest as he waits for that person to face him. And when the man finally turns to him, his heart stopped and shattered into pieces. That person was crying. Hae-hae was crying. The man he loves was crying with no ending as tears flow smoothly on his cheek, never letting the place dry as it will always be wet by the tears.

He looked into hae-hae’s eyes and it shocked him to see those eyes that he adore was in sorrow, pain, hurt and it seems like they weren’t alive anymore. Eunhyuk’s breath hitched at the sight, ‘W-What happened?.. What happened to hae-hae?! what happened to me?... What happened to us?!’

Eunhyuk felt something warm and wet on his cheeks. Eunhyuk was crying. He was crying unknowingly to himself. “H-Hae-Hae..w-what happened? w-where are you going? Are you going to l-leave me?” eunhyuk voice came out as a squeak as he tried to calm down himself to say the sentence. The sting he felt in his heart when he said that hae-hae was leaving him was too much for him to bear. Just the thought of it made him think the feeling of dying was better. Much better.

Hae-hae pulled his hand from eunhyuk hold and gave the latter a sad smiled and touched the latter’s face gently with his hand, wiping the tears flowing down eunhyuk’s face lovingly. Eunhyuk saw the sad smile hae-hae was giving him. He saw how hae-hae’s lips were trembling to smile at him while crying. ‘What happened?’eunhyuk asked himself over and over again but he could never find the answer.

“W-What happened hae-hae? what happened to us?”eunhyuk asked again with pleading eyes. He don’t like what’s happening. He don’t like it at all. And finally hae-hae speak, “You said that you don’t love me..”eunhyuk’s mind went blank. The words echoed through his mind. He didn’t say that.. Eunhyuk did not say that. ‘H-How could I say that when the fact is I love him?!!’

Eunhyuk looked straight into those hurtful eyes eventhough it was heartbreaking for him to see. “W-W-When did I say that?! I didn’t say that at all!!”eunhyuk exclaimed with all his heart but all he got from hae-hae was another sad smile and made the hurt in his heart felt even worse than it could.

“It doesn’t matter when you say it eunhyuk. You already said it.. and so I must go as my time to be beside you is up..”Hae-hae let his hand fall to his side from eunhyuk’s face and began to walk backwards towards the tree still wearing that smile on his face. Eunhyuk heart stopped and his mind was blank as he couldn’t think anymore accept of what hae-hae just said.

‘Hae-hae is leaving.. Hae-hae is leaving.. Hae-hae is leaving me!!’ as if he wakes up from a dream, he run over to hae-hae who was still walking backwards but widen his eyes when he touched hae-hae. He felt nothing. His hand just can’t grab hae-hae’s hand. Hae-hae was disappearing from him. ‘No..’

Hae-hae just looked at eunhyuk with his sad eyes as his lower body starting to disappear completely with a white glow. “Eunhyuk, always be happy when I’m gone.. always smile brightly even when I’m not beside you.. always laugh with all your heart eventhough I’m not there.. and please be happy for all your life when you find the one who you love.. I love you hyukkie.. I love you and I always will.. Goodbye my love..”hae-hae said to eunhyuk who’s crying uncontrollably now.

“You big pabo!!! How can I be happy when you’re gone as you’re my source of happiness?! How can I smile brightly when you’re not beside me to say I love you to me?! how could I laugh with all my heart when you’re not there to laugh with me!! and how could I find the one i love when the fact is the one I love is you!! You Hae-hae!!”eunhyuk exclaimed making hae-hae’s eyes widen in surprised. But by that time, hae-hae’s body has disappeared and the only thing left for eunhyuk to see was his face. Eunhyuk saw that hae-hae eyes began to soften and the hurt in his eyes were gone and at that time he could finally see hae-hae was smile differently. His smile that shows he was happy.

They finally came to the tree and hae-hae was still crying. But this time is his tears of happiness. “I-I’m so happy to hear that hyukkie..”hae-hae said to eunhyuk bringing a slight hope in eunhyuk’s heart that hae-hae wasn’t going to leave him. But then hae-hae smile faltered making the hopes in eunhyuk’s heart crumbled. “But you’re too late.. I’m going and never gonna came back.. so hyukkie, goodbye…”hae-hae closed his eyes and in the matter of seconds, he disappeared completely,engulfed by the white glow in front of eunhyuk who was looking wide eyed.

The place was quite now as it was only eunhyuk present there. Eunhyuk fell to the grown as tears flowing down his face like a river that will never find its stop. “Hae-hae is gone..”he muttered to himself. “Hae-hae is gone..”he said to himself again as he start to sobbing hard in his hands. Eunhyuk didn’t feel any pain anymore as his heart cannot take the hurt he was feeling. His heart has become numb. Eunhyuk can’t accept the fact that Hae-hae is gone… forever…

***

Hae-hae was still sleeping but he heard something in his sleep that made him wake up. It was the sound of someone’s crying.  Hae-hae thought that it was the neighbour’s children that was crying but the sound was so close as if it was beside him. ‘Hyukkie!’ hae-hae’s eyes shot opened and quickly sat up and look at the other side of the bed where eunhyuk was sleeping. His eyes widen. Eunhyuk was sweating furiously and tears were flowing down on eunhyuk’s face.

Hae-hae moved closer to eunhyuk and shakes the latter’s body to wake him up. “Wake up hyukkie! Wake up!!”he shouted at eunhyuk with his brws furrowed in worry but eunhyuk still had his eyes closed and didn’t wake up. Then he heard eunhyuk saying while sobbing in his sleep, “H-Hae-hae..*sob* don’t leave me…*sob* please..*sob*..”hae-hae eyes widen, why was eunhyuk saying that while sleeping? ‘Is he having some kind of a bad dream?’ hae-hae asked himself.

He cupped eunhyuk’s face and gently wiped the tears away. “Wake up hyukkie.. I’m right here.. you don’t have to worry..” hae-hae said with a soft voice this time and he slowly saw that eunhyuk began to open his eyes. He smiled sweetly at eunhyuk who was looking at him now.

Eunhyuk remembered that he was crying without stopping at the park where hae-hae left him. He heard someone’s voice calling out to him but he didn’t hear it clearly. He heart was in so much pain. “H-Hae-hae..*sob* don’t leave me…*sob* please..*sob*..”he said again and again. Finally, he heard a voice. A voice that he knows by heart, “Wake up hyukkie.. I’m right here.. you don’t have to worry..”and that’s when he woke up seeing hae-hae smiling sweetly at him caressing his cheek, wiping the tears away.

Eunhyuk could feel fresh tears started to formed and he didn’t want hae-hae to disappear again. He launched himself at hae-hae and hugged the latter tightly. ‘Hae-hae came back to him!’, ‘Hae-hae didn’t leave him!’, these thoughts were the only thing that ran through eunhyuk’s mind this time. Hae-hae was surprised at first and didn’t hug eunhyuk back but then his body soften as he heard eunhyuk crying on his shoulder. He hug the latter tightly in his arms, rubbing eunhyuk’s back to soothe him and kissed the latter’s hair, “Husshh hyukkie.. I’m here.. there’s nothing to be afraid off..”he said softly with a caring voice. He didn’t like to see eunhyuk this way. Eunhyuk’s condition is even worse than the condition when eunhyuk had his break ups . “P-Please..*sob* d-don’t..*sob* l-leave me..*sob* a-again..*sob*  h-hae-hae..*sob*..”hae-hae heard eunhyuk sobbing and he could feel his heart breaking hearing the hurt in eunhyuk’s voice. ‘Hyukkie must have had a bad dream..’

He pulled eunhyuk away from his hug and his heart felt like it constricted in pain seeing eunhyuk looking at him with those hurtful eyes and tears coming out uncontrollably from them. Hae-hae wiped the tears and leans forward to eunhyuk. Eunhyuk closed his eyes when he felt hae-hae kissed gently his forehead, his eyelids, his nose, both of his cheek, his chin and finally those lips landed on his. Hae-hae was giving eunhyuk just a sweet short kiss and it seems to be the trick as eunhyuk finally calmed down and stopped crying. After hae-hae kissed him, he pulled eunhyuk into his hug, rubbing his hand onto eunhyuk’s back lovingly and he could feel eunhyuk was hugging him back tightly.

“I’m here hyukkie.. everything’s going to be alright..you don’t need to worry..”hae-hae said comforting eunhyuk. When eunhyuk nodded, hae-hae released a sighed thinking that eunhyuk was okay now but then something eunhyuk said caught him off guard, “Promise me you won’t leave me hae-hae.. promise me..”eunhyuk’s voice was hopeful making hae-hae heart felt guilty.

‘It’s up to you whether I stay or not hyukkie.. it’s up to your feelings..’ hae-hae can’t say anything or promise that he’ll be by eunhyuk side because this is the last day he’s with eunhyuk and eunhyuk didn’t say anything about loving him back. So all he could do was just keep hugging the latter and nodded to satisfy eunhyuk’s heart.

Eunhyuk feeling hae-hae nodded, felt a small smile graced his lips. The nightmare he was having was too much and he couldn’t even think what he’ll do if it’s true. Hae-hae looked at the clock in the dim light emitted by the table lamp. ‘It’s still 4 in the morning..’ hae-hae eunhyuk hair lovingly and lie on the bed with eunhyuk.

“It’s still early hyukkie so we should get some sleep before waking up to go to school..”hae-hae said in a low voice where eunhyuk just nodded in response and tighten his hug on hae-hae. Hae-hae was actually curious to why eunhyuk was behaving like this. He never seen eunhyuk so bold getting close to him and hug him like this. Is the nightmare eunhyuk was having was that bad?

Many other questions were running through his mind that time with no answers. So hae-hae just dismissed them and pulled eunhyuk closer to him. All he wanted was that time was to make eunhyuk feel comfortable and safe with him. And soon sleepiness started to engulfed them and they drifted back to sleep.

***

The sun ray slips through the curtain of the window and landed on hae-hae’s face. Hae-hae began to stir in his sleep because the sudden feel of warmness on his face. So he slowly opened his eyes and landed on the face that made him smile so early in the morning. Feeling the love he had for his hyukkie full in his chest, he started to lean over and softly kissed the latter’s forehead, not wanting eunhyuk to wake up because he knows eunhyuk was still tired of last night incident.

Hae-hae just looked at eunhyuk with all the affection he had for the latter and his hair softly. After a while, hae-hae released a sighed, ‘It’s going to be my last day with hyukkie but.. I’m not regretting it one bit since I was able to make him happy along the 3 months I was here beside him..’Hae-hae smiled a sincere smile with this thought and slowly rose up from the bed to the bathroom not waking eunhyuk up.

***

Hae-hae has finished bathing and now putting on the towel around his waist until he heard someone sniffing or more like crying? He widen his eyes, ‘Hyukkie!’ hae-hae quickly put on the towel and opened the bathroom door to see a sight that breaks his heart. Eunhyuk was crying with tears that shows they’ll never going to stop with a sound that shows how broken his heart is. Hae-hae moved closer and called him, “Hyukkie..”he called him with much softness in his voice. His heart was aching to see eunhyuk like this.

Eunhyuk lifted up his face from the bed and saw hae-hae looking worriedly at him. In an instant he climbed off the bed and run over to hae-hae hugging the latter tightly, ignoring hae-hae wet condition. Only one thing that was playing inside his mind that time as he tighten his hug on hae-hae, ‘Hae-hae didn’t leave me..Hae-Hae didn’t leave me..’

Hae-hae was surely surprised by eunhyuk sudden act because eunhyuk would never ever be near him if he was only wearing a towel. But now not only eunhyuk was near him, but also hugging him?! Has his dream finally came true?‘What actually did happen?’ Hae-hae asked himself again.

But he was back to reality when he heard soft sobbing on his chest that made all the questions disappear. ‘All that matters now is to calm hyukkie down..’hae-hae began to hug eunhyuk back and comfort the latter ignoring the shivering of his body because of the morning breeze. Having eunhyuk in his arms was enough to make him feel warm eventhough it’s just a bit.

After a moment, eunhyuk had finally calmed down as his sobbing soften, left him sniffling once in a while. When he was finally in his right mind, his heart stopped as he realized the position he’s in with hae-hae. ‘What did I just do??!!’he screamed in his mind and instinctively removed himself from hae-hae’s arms abruptly making hae-hae surprised.

Eunhyuk’s face was flushed red when he saw the full view of hae-hae wearing only a towel, showing how his abs was one of the amazing things that god created, how the muscles in his arms flexes when he move and his hair was wet from the bath he’d take. ‘I have been in this guy arms just a few seconds ago??!!! God just kill me now!!’

Hae-hae noticed eunhyuk’s face was red but the way eunhyuk behave a moment ago was worrying him more. He moved closer to eunhyuk, grab the latter’s hand and looked at eunhyuk with so much concern in his eyes that made eunhyuk feel touched and his heart skip a beat. ‘Why do you have so much effect on me hae-hae?.. oh I forgot..it’s because I love you..’

“Are you okay now hyukkie? Why are you crying?”hearing hae-hae’s questions and the worried expression on hae-hae’s face was making his heart to feel sad again as he started to remember the nightmare again. He bit his lips, trying to held his tears in, “D-Don’t l-leave me..”eunhyuk repeated the words that hae-hae been hearing since last night and his heart breaks hearing how hoarse eunhyuk’s voice was. Hae-hae could only smile and start to caress eunhyuk’s cheek, “I’m right here hyukkie.. I’m always beside you and I’m not going anywhere..” even if I’m not beside you physically anymore, I’ll always be beside you in your heart..

He wiped a tear that escaped from eunhyuk eye with a smile and gave eunhyuk a peck on his lips. “Now go and get ready for school okay? I’ll make us breakfast this morning..”hae-hae said and nodded before proceeding to the bathroom.

And when the door of the bathroom is closed, hae-hae urn to his right to get the clothes from the closet but was surprised and startled seeing Heechul with his usual smirk on his face. Hae-hae put a hand over his left chest and glared slightly at Heechul , “Good thing that I didn’t have any heart disease hyung! Or else I would have a heart attack with you appearing all of the sudden like that!”hae-hae exclaimed while Heechul just laughed it off. “Whatever kid~ just wear your uniform and we’ll talk while you’re at it..”Heechul said lazily, walked over to the bed and sat on it with his legs crossed and his hand on the bed to support him.

Hae-hae just complied walking over to the closet and take out his uniform to wear. “Let’s get straight to the point ok hae-hae?”heechul began to talked in his diva self while hae-hae already slip through his pants and wearing his shirt now. “You know that today is your last day with him right?”heechul said looking straight at hae-hae. Hae-hae was buttoning his shirt but stopped when he heard heechul’s question but resume doing it seconds later. “I know hyung..”he replied now going over to the full size mirror tidying himself up.

“So you’re not going to tell him about it?”heechul hyung asked with his eyebrow irked in amusement. “No..”hae-hae answer is simple as that. “But why?”heechul asked again. Hae-hae finished combing his hair on the mirror and smiled, satisfied by how he looked seeing his reflection and turned towards Heechul still with that smile on his lips, “Because I love him hyung.. I don’t want him to say those words because he feel pressured or because he have to.. I want him to say it with all the love he feels for me like the love I feel for him..”

That statement made heechul stunned and stared at hae-hae in disbelief before sighing and smiling. ‘I’ve made the right choice then..’Heechul stood up and walked over to hae-hae still with a smile on his face and that made hae-hae think Heechul is really an angel when he smiles. Heechul stopped in front of hae-hae and ruffles his hair which hae-hae pouted and said, “Hey! I just did my hair!”

Heechul just dismissed it and said with a smile, “Whatever kid..You’ve passed..”and disappeared in a sapphire blue light leaving hae-hae wondered. “What did I pass?”he asked himself but just shrugged it off and went to the kitchen to prepare his and eunhyuk’s breakfast.

***

Heechul arrived at heaven where he saw Leeteuk, Kangin, Ryewook, Yesung, Siwon, Kibum, Henry, Zhoumi, Shindong and last but not least his mate Hangeng waiting for him. “Aish these guys!!”he muttered to himself but nevertheless smiled at him.

Leeteuk was the first one to speak, “I guess seeing you’re smiling meaning that he had passed the test?”he asked eventhough he already knew the answer. Heechul just laughed in response and went to his lover side pecking his cheek which Hangeng just smiled seeing his lover smiling like this. “You already know the answer Leeteuk..”heechul said and get his attention to Yesung. “Yesung, thanks for helping me in the test I made for eunhyuk.. I’ll keep my promise to find you another turtle to be your pet~”Heechul said again where this time all the other angels there laughed where yesung just smiled brightly thinking that he’s going to get another pet turtle. “Don’t mention it Heechul hyung. It’s my pleasure to help you with them..”Yesung smiled.

Ryeowook was still jumping up and down excited hearing that the plan is going well. “I can’t wait till tonight! I’m gonna start prepare the food right away!”ryeowook smiled brightly and went to the heaven’s kitchen to start cooking with his lover yesung following right behind him.

“We need to get the place in tip top shape Kangin! So let’s go get ready!”Leeteuk exclaimed to the angel beside him. “Alright my angel..”Kangin said and grab Leeteuk’s hand to prepare the place. “We better prepare the performance tonight Mimi so it won’t get boring!”Henry said that made Zhoumi chuckled. “Okay Henry..” and so they’re off. “We should practice our acting too Bummie..”Siwon said to Kibum which he smiled, “Right wonnie!” and left the place with Siwon.

Now only Hangeng and Heechul were left there smiling at their friends. “They sure like it when something big is going to happen.”hangeng said which heechul just rolled his eyes but smiling nonetheless. “Like you don’t know them since birth..”Heechul said that made Hangeng chuckled.

“So your task is almost done chullie.. Are you sure about what you’re doing?”Hangeng looked over to his angel seriously who was smiling nonstop. Heechul turn his head to Hangeng, “I know what I’m doing Geng.. and eunhyuk has already passed the test.. so why should I separate them knowing in the end they’ll find each other again.. this’ll sure save us a lot of time in the future don’t you think?”heechul said chuckling. Hangeng just shakes his head at his lover and kissed him. ‘You’re really one of a kind Heechul..’

And with that, the heavens started preparing for an event that will happen tonight.

***

The third day of the festival was merrier and hectic? than the previous days. It was all because the students were excited about the ball that will take place tonight. The students will go back to their respective homes and wear tux for the guys and gowns for the girls. Eunhyuk’s class finally can have a rest since the customers that came in were beginning to decrease and eunhyuk and sungmin were resting in the class’s kitchen.

Sungmin looked over to his best friend and can’t hold it in anymore. He needed to know what happen! “That’s it hyukkie! Now tell me what is wrong or I will grill you alive right now!!”sungmin sudden exclamation surely made eunhyuk startled alright. Since eunhyuk came to school with hae-hae, sungmin could see how eunhyuk’s eyes was red and puffy. He knows that his best friend was crying but because of what?

So he asked hae-hae about it but hae-hae didn’t know either and sungmin knew hae-hae wasn’t lying to him because he could see how hae-hae always glanced over to eunhyuk worriedly. He tried to ask his monkey friend but the customers kept coming in never giving him the opportunity to do so. And he also saw how hurtful eunhyuk eyes when he sometimes looked over to hae-hae and wanting to be close to hae-hae today. Like he was afraid that hae-hae was going to leave him.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:the chapter i wrote is too long so i divide it into 2 parts! but don't worry! i'll update the second part tonight..:)

p/s:i didn't edit this yet..^^'