Chapter 11

Just Once

It was the perfect day to go out. The sun was shining and you were absolutely ecstatic. Dongwoo’s hand was in yours, as the two of you walked aimlessly around the streets of Hongdae. You’d walked into random little shops and explored hoping to find something that caught your interest.

 
The two of you had found a cute little shop in between two cafes in a rather remote part of Hongdae. It was filled with all sorts of little trinkets and knick knacks, and other cute things.
 
As you were searching through the aisles, you came across a glass box with some jewellery inside. You peered in closer, to get a better look. You gazed over the different pieces and stopped near the corner as something small and shiny caught your eye.
 
In that corner was a simple silver chain necklace with a little infinity charm. You gazed at it in awe, as it was so simple yet beautiful.
 
“It’s a pretty necklace. Do you want it?” Dongwoo asked as he walked up behind you to peer at the necklace.
 
You turned back to look at him and shook your head, not wanting him to spend anymore money on you as he had insisted to pay for everything you had bought and eaten that day.
 
He grabbed your hand and gave it a light squeeze before flashing you a soft smile.
 
“I saw the way you were looking at it, and I know you really want it, so let me get it for you,” he said, staring at the necklace.
 
You turned your attention back to necklace and bit your lip. You really did want the necklace, but you felt bad making Dongwoo pay for it.
 
He shifted slightly behind, causing you to become aware of how close together the two of you were. To anyone looking at you, it seemed as though you two were a couple. You smiled at the thought, but your smile quickly fell as you thought of Hoya.
 
You awkwardly took your hand out of Dongwoo’s and moved away from him slightly. You weren’t supposed to be acting this way, especially now that you were dating his best friend, and your best friend as well.
 
Dongwoo noticed your sudden change in attitude and shot you a confused look. You smiled awkwardly at him, and turned back to look at the necklace, pretending to focus on it.
 
“Dongwoo, it’s fine, really. I don’t want you to be spending anymore money on me when you spent so much on me today. Let’s just go, okay?” You said and quickly retreated out the store.
 
Dongwoo watched as you made your way through the exit of the store, and looked at the necklace once again. Dongwoo called for the shopkeeper and directed him to the necklace.
 
“Could I get this necklace please?” Dongwoo asked, and pointed to the infinity necklace. The shopkeeper gave him a soft smile and opened the case to grab the necklace.
 
“Gift for your girlfriend?” He asked, and nodded his head towards where you were outside the shop. 
 
Dongwoo gave the man a disappointed smile before saying, “No. She’s just my best friend.”
 
The shopkeeper gave him a sympathetic smile and wrapped the necklace up in a small blue box before handing it over to Dongwoo. Dongwoo quickly paid for the necklace and rushed out the store.
 
“What took you so long?” You asked him, raising one eyebrow.
 
He completely ignored your question and began down the street, leaving you standing there clueless. You quickly ran up behind him and tried the peek at the thing he had just out into his pocket.
 
“That better not be the necklace Dongwoo. I told you not to get it!” You said, narrowing your eyes at him.
 
He gave you a coy smile in return and put his hands up.
 
“I didn’t buy it, don’t worry.” You gave him a disbelieving look and shrugged your shoulders. If he said he didn’t, then he didn’t.
 
Dongwoo took note of your reaction and smiled in victory to himself. He grabbed your hand and suddenly began to start running. 
 
You stumbled behind him in attempts to keep up. You weren’t very athletic so running wasn’t exactly your thing.
 
“Dongwoo! Where we going?!” You yelled, irritated.
 
He stopped running, and turned to face you with a sweet smile plastered on his face.
 
“To our favourite place.”
 

I have a little confession to make. I probably wouldn't have gotten around to writing this if it weren't for the fact that I was waiting 50 minutes for Infinite's concert to stream live on YT, LOL. You can all thank Infinite for giving me the initative to update this weekend. I know I promised to do it anyways, but well, I'm horrible when it comes to updating. Anywho, enjoy guys! :D