Chapter 10

Just Once

 

 
You sat awkwardly at a table near the window in Hysterie café waiting for Dongwoo. You were shaking slightly from nervousness. You were having second thoughts on meeting him. A part of you wanted to avoid him for a bit until you saw him only as a friend, but another part of you wanted to see him so badly. You did miss your best friend though.
 
As if on cue, he appeared before you panting slightly. His cheeks were flushed and he was clutching his chest lightly, trying to catch his breath. If you didn’t know any better, you would’ve thought he just ran a marathon.
 
“You’re late,” You said, with a straight face. He grinned sheepishly at you, and took the seat across from you.
 
“I know, I know. Don’t kill me! I woke up late,” He said. You shook your head and gave him a soft smile.
 
“What? Were you that excited to see me last night you couldn’t sleep?” You joked as you took a sip of your latte.
 
“Actually yes.” You almost choked on your latte as you tried to process what he said.
 
“I haven’t my best friend in forever! Of course I was excited to see you. Ever since Hoya took you away from me, I haven’t been able to hang out with you,” He whined.
 
You smiled awkwardly and mentally slapped yourself in the face for getting your hopes up. You shouldn’t have even gotten your hopes up in the first place because you were supposed to be getting over him.
 
“Well, let’s get the day started shall we? What are up for?” You asked him.
 
“I was thinking we could stroll around Hongdae for a bit, and find inspiration there,” he said, with a gleam in his eye.
 
You nodded your head in approval and finished off your latte before standing up and brushing off your dress.
 
“So, lets go?” You asked him.
 
“Let’s go!” He exclaimed, hooking your arm with his before rushing out of the café excitedly.
 
This is going to be an interesting day, you thought to yourself as you watched Dongwoo drag you about with a small smile plastered on your face.
 
 

Feel free to want to kill me. I give you guys permission, LOL. It's been over a month since I last updated, and now that I have it's an utterly boring and short chapter. I don't really have an excuse as to why I didn't update other than the fact that I was lazy. If there are any of you still reading this crap-tastic story, thank you for sticking by it despite the horrible author that I am OTL I'll try to update tomorrow, but no promises. I do however, promise to update sometime this weekend, so look forward to that! I promise the next chapter will be much more interesting than this one. :D