Chapter 6

Just Once

 

You walked into your room and fell onto your bed. You brought your left hand up into the air and admired the ring on your finger. You stared at it for a while then brought it down to our chest. I am so unfair.. You thought to yourself, closing your eyes. Suddenly your sister barged into your room.
 
“Oh my god sis, you’ll never believe what happened to me today!” She squealed as she jumped onto your bed. Her face was flushed pink and she had a bright smile on her face. You got up and pursed your lips and tapping a finger on them. You gasped and turned to face her.
 
“That boy you have a crush on finally asked you out! Am I right?” She nodded her head eagerly and let out an ear-piercing squeal.
 
“Can you believe it?! I’ve liked him for so long now and -- OH MY GOSH, IS THAT A COUPLE RING?!” She yelled as she pointed to your ring finger. “WHO ARE YOU DATING?! IS IT DONGWOO?! OH MY GOD.” You smacked the back of her head lightly and rolled your eyes.
 
“Yes, it is a couple ring. No, I am not dating Dongwoo.” You said as calmly as you could. She gave you a look urging you to go on but you figured you’d let her figure it out on her own. When she realized you weren’t going to say anything more, she pouted her lips and clung onto your arm.
 
“Oh come on, tell me! If it’s not Dongwoo, then who is it? The only person I know that you like is Dongwoo. As if you’d go out with anyone else.” Seeing as though your sister only seemed to think Dongwoo as the person you were dating -- which was completely reasonable since the only thing that ever came out of your mouth when it came to love, was Dongwoo -- you decided to tell her who it really was.
 
“It’s not Dongwoo. It’s Hoya.” Your sisters eyes widened as she tried to process this new piece of information you’d just given her.
 
“Hoya? You’re dating Hoya? How did that happen?” You fiddled with the ring on your finger before answering her. 
“Remember the day I came home crying?” She nodded her head in acknowledgement and waited for you to continue. You took a deep breath and sighed.
 
“Well that day I’d found out Dongwoo likes some girl and wants to ask her out. I got all overly dramatic and ran to Hoya’s crying. He confessed to me, I kissed him and yeah. I realized that I also had feelings for him. Then yesterday I sort of asked him out because I wanted to give him a chance. I do love him, I want you to know that.” You looked at your sister who was unusually quiet. You knew what she was thinking. You were being unfair to Hoya because you weren’t 100% there for him, the way he was for you.
 
“Look I know what you’re thinking and I-”
 
“Sis.. Are you sure about this? I mean you won’t only be hurting yourself, but Hoya as well. Don’t use him just as a way to get over Dongwoo. It isn’t fair to him.” She said, her voice full of concern. You smiled at her. You were so thankful to have a sister like her, who you could talk to.
 
“Yerin, I’m sure. It may seem like I am using him, but I swear I’m not. I could never do that to him. He’s always taken care of me and listened to me cry over Dongwoo. He’s done that for 7 years while liking me. I want to return some of that love to him. I do love him.” Everything you said was true, and there was not a single doubt in your mind that you loved him. Your sister pouted and took your hands in hers.
 
“But what if Dongwoo realizes he likes you and wants to be with you? What are you going to do? Are you going to leave Hoya for him?” You were left dumbfounded at her question. You never really thought about it because you figured something like that would never happen.
 
“That’ll never happen Yerin. Plus, I wouldn’t leave Hoya. I know what I got myself into.” You said giving her an assuring smile. She smiled back at you and gave you a hug.
 
“Well then, I’m happy for you. You may not know this, but I was rooting for Hoya this whole time. I could tell he liked you. It was so obvious, but the only person who couldn‘t tell was you.” She laughed. You scrunched up your face. Why was it that you were the only one who couldn’t tell Hoya had feelings for you? Am I really that dense? You asked yourself. You shrugged it off and began to question your sister.
 
“So, Yerin. What was this boys name again?” You asked, giving her a cheeky smile. Her faced turned pink and she began to gush over her “true love.”
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
You were just about to go to bed when your phone began to vibrate. You looked at the display and a smile formed on your face.
 
“Baby~” You cooed, and heard him chuckle. You loved hearing his laugh. It was one of the best sounds to you. You got into bed and pulled the sheets over your head.
 
“Baby? Oh, I could get used to that.” He said. You giggled and snuggled with your piglet.
 
“So, what’s up? Miss me already?” You teased.
 
“It’s kind of embarrassing, but yes. It’s weird that we’re dating now, you know? I’d always dreamt of this, but I never thought it would actually happen. Can I come see you? I really want to see you again.” He said. You could hear the excitement in his voice. Why is he so cute? You thought and giggled.
 
“Of course. I really want to see you too.”
 
“Alright. I’ll be there in a bit boo. I love you.”
 
“I love you too!” You said and hung up the phone. You got out of bed and rushed over to your vanity. You fixed your hair up and put on a loose sweater. A few minutes later you heard a knock at your window. You rushed over to find Hoya smiling at you like a little kid sitting on a tree branch. You opened the window and let him in.
 
“Hoya! Do you know how dangerous that is! You could’ve fallen and hurt yourself. You could have just come in through the front door you know.” You said, lightly slapping his arm.
 
“I was feeling a little romantic. So sue me. Anyways, even if I did fall, at least I’d have you to look after me.” He grinned as he hugged you. You hugged him back and looked up at him with a smile. You dragged him over to your bed and snuggled up with him.
 
“This is a lot better than snuggling up with my Piglet. I could really get used to this.” You said, burying your face into his chest. He let out a soft chuckle sending vibrations through your body. You lifted your head up slightly and put your hands on either side of his face. He looked back at you with a smile, and leaned his head down to kiss you. You quickly kissed him back and wrapped your arms around his neck. He pulled back and softly whispered “I love you” into your ear. You smiled and brought your head back down to his chest and closed your eyes.
 
“Hoya, thank you for loving me and being with me. I promise to be the best girlfriend to you. I'll do my best to give my heart to you, and only you. I love you.” You whispered, hugging him tight. He kissed your forehead, and the back of your head. Your eyes became heavy and you eventually fell asleep in pure bliss.
 

:D

btw, not edited as usual, so there's probably a bunch of mistakes lol.

until next time~ :]