Chapter 5

Just Once

 

You and Hoya walked into the café hand in hand and found Dongwoo sitting alone at a table staring at the menu. He looked up from the menu and spotted the two of you.
 
“Hey guys! Over here!” The two of you went over to his table and took a seat. Dongwoo noticed the two of you holding hands and gave you a funny look. You cleared and your throat and looked at Hoya. He gave you a reassuring smile, faced Dongwoo and said, “We’re dating.”
 
“You guys are dating?! Since when?!” Dongwoo practically screamed. Hoya shyly scratched the back of his head while you gave Dongwoo a death glare.
 
“Oh my god Dongwoo. You’re so loud! I’m pretty sure the whole world knows we’re dating now.” You said mentally strangling him. You looked around the café to find people staring at you. You covered your face with your hands and looked down. Oh my god, this is so embarrassing, you thought. Dongwoo let out his infamous laugh and patted Hoya on the back. 
 
“Good job man! You’ve liked her, for what 7 years now? Now you‘ve finally got her.” Your eyes widened as you took in what Dongwoo said. 7 years?! Hoya’s liked me for 7 years?! You thought to yourself.
 
“Dude shut up! That’s so embarrassing man..” Hoya said, punching Dongwoo on the arm. Hoya looked up at you and flashed you an embarrassed smile. You smiled in return and took his hand in yours.
 
“So 7 years huh? That’s a long time.” You said as you squeezed his hand. Hoya scratched the back of his head and nodded. A blush swept over his face.
 
“Aw, would you look at you two love birds! So precious, I’m so happy for you guys. I knew the two of you were bound to date each other one day. You guys were made for each other!” Dongwoo said as he leaned over the table giving the two of you a mischievous smile. Even though you knew you shouldn’t have been, you were still hurt by what he said. Had he really not developed any feelings for you over the years? You forced a smile and looked down. It hurt you to know what you meant to him. Hoya noticed your sudden change in mood and decided to change the subject.
 
“So, uh, guys! Summer’s almost over. Excited for the new school year?” He asked, squeezing your hand. You slowly brought your eyes up from the table and nodded your head.
 
“Yeah definitely. It’s our last year in high school.” Dongwoo nodded his head in agreement.
 
“It’s going to be one hell of a year! We have to make tons of memories this year alright guys? But I’m sure the two of you will have a few just between yourselves.” Dongwoo said and let out a roaring laugh.
 
“Haha yeah..” You said and faked a laugh.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Hey, are you okay? You seem a little down. I can probably guess why though.” Hoya said as the two of you were walking home. The day had been, eventful, to say the least.
 
“It would be ridiculous for me to lie to you, wouldn’t it be? You know me too well.” You said holding onto his hand tighter.
 
“Of course! I’ve known you for so long, how could I not?” You smiled at him and rested your head on his arm. He suddenly stopped walking startling you. He had a nervous expression and was fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He took a deep breath and turned to face him. He looked you in the eyes and got down on one knee. Your eyes widen in confusion. He cleared his throat and pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket.
 
“Before you freak out I’m not proposing to you! I will.. One day, hopefully.” He said nervously. You let out a giggle and grinned at him. So cute, you thought.
 
“So anyways,” He paused and opened the box. Inside were two infinity couple rings. You  brought one hand up to cover your mouth. You were shocked. The rings were so beautiful.
 
“I know we’re already dating, but I wanted to do this right. I love you, and my love for you will always be infinite. Will you be mine?” A blush swept over your cheeks. You looked at him and smiled.
 
“You are so cheesy, you know that?” You said pinching one of his cheeks. He let out a small laugh and blushed.
 
“Only for you, baby. So will you be mine?” He asked, taking out the ring for you.
 
“Yes. A million times, yes!” He grinned at you and slipped the ring onto your finger. He got up and pulled you in close.
 
“I love you, so much.” He said as his lips got closer to yours.
 
“I love you too.” You whispered and pulled him in, giving him the sweetest kiss. I’ll love you and I'll stay by you for as long as you want me too, I promise.

Okay, so I know I said I was going to make this chapter longer and much more interesting, but I got lazy tbh lol. Sorry guys, hope it didn't disappoint! Maybe i'll update again this weekend. Maybe.

Oh, I changed the way I wrote this chapter. I like it a lot better than the other way. Not edited, jsyk lol. 

Until the next chapter~ :D