Chapter 4

Just Once

 

It was awkwardly silent and this made you feel anxious. You were about to break the silence when Howon suddenly said, “well, this doesn’t sound too good.” His voice sounded unsure and hurt. You put your hand on your head and lightly tugged at your, out of frustration. Oh god, why can’t I just say it already? You thought to yourself. You took a deep breath and said nervously, “It’s nothing bad, don’t worry.” You heard him and you plopped yourself onto your bed. “Thank god, I thought you were gonna say you never wanted to see me again or something.” He laughed. You smiled at his unnecessary concern and said, “I could never tell you to leave. I love you far too much to push you away.” “What did you say?” He asked unsurely. You gasped as you realized what you had said. Oh god, did I actually say that? Oh my god, I don’t want him to think I’m completely over Dongwoo. Oh god no no no no no no, you thought as you sat up panicking. “Oh my god. Okay here it goes. Hoya, I love you. I realized, yes I do love you. But before I get your hopes up too high I need you to know that I still love him too, but I want to give us a chance. You’ve always been there for me, and this time I want to be the one there for you. I want to show you the love you’ve been secretly showing me. I haven’t been fair to you, so I want to make things right. God, this is not how I was planning this to go.” You brought you hand up to your mouth covering it. You weren’t sure what he was going to say. Would he push you away because he knew you still loved Dongwoo? You were scared of that, even though you probably shouldn’t have been.
 
 
“Uhh,” he paused more a moment making you worry. “Are you sure? I mean, don’t get me wrong, you have no idea how happy you’ve just made me, but are you sure you want to do this? I don’t want to force you into anything you don’t want to do.” You got up from your bed and made your way over to your vanity. You looked at yourself in the mirror and examined your face. Your face was flushed pink and you had a small smile on your face. You thought of all the good times you had with Howon and made your decision.
 
“I’m sure, and I’m not being forced into anything. I want to show you how much I love and appreciate you. I know this may be a little fast seeing as though I was just crying over Dongwoo yesterday, but I do honestly love you. Right now, I may love him a little more, but I want to give us a chance. I don’t want to keep chasing him and be led to a dead end only to find that I not only lost him, but you as well. I may be being selfish but I-” “Shh, it’s okay. I get it. I love you, so the rest doesn’t really matter,” He said cutting you off. You laughed at yourself for getting worried for no reason. Howon loved you, and you loved him, so you had nothing to be worried about. “I’m such an idiot, aren’t I?” you asked continuing to laugh at yourself. You heard him stifle a laugh on the other line. “Occasionally.” You scowled at his answer. “That was a rhetorical question!” You whined. You went back to your bed and pulled the sheets over your head. “I hate you,” you said bitterly. He laughed and made a kissing sound. “I love you too baby.” You giggled before bidding him goodnight. “Goodnight baby. I’ll see you tomorrow and ask you properly to be my girlfriend.” He said sweetly. You smiled and ended the call.
 
You closed your eyes and felt the blood rush to your cheeks. You grabbed onto you Piglet plushie and hugged it tightly. “Piglet! Howon and I are a couple now. I’m really happy but..” You paused as you thought of Dongwoo. “But, I still love Dongwoo. I don’t want to be unfair to Hoya, so I can’t think of Dongwoo anymore. Hoya loves me so much I can’t bear to hurt him. He’s always taking care of me and loving me, and it’s about time I did the same for him.” You sighed and thought, I should probably tell Dongwoo tomorrow. I wonder what he’ll say. Deep down you were hoping he’d get jealous and run to you, begging you to leave Howon and come to him. You felt guilty at the thought and shoved it aside. You were with Howon now, and you had to give him just as much love and attention as he gave you. You drifted off to sleep not expecting what would happen the next day.
 

It's my birthday today, so I felt like I owed you guys an update since I hadn't updated at all during the weekend~ Sorry it's so short! I'll post up a longer and much more interesting chapter next time! LOL