Chapter 8

Just Once

 

“Let’s go out on a date today,” you suddenly decided. Hoya looked up from his plate with his cheeks full of food, and nodded his head eagerly. He quickly swallowed his food and gave you a big grin.
 
 
“I would like that very much. I’ll just go home and change, then come back and pick you up. Sound good?” You nodded, and walked Hoya out the door.
 
“I’ll be back soon baby!” He yelled as began to walk home, grinning like a fool. You waved until he was out of sight and rushed up to your room.
 
“What to wear, what to wear..” You wondered out loud. You were excited for your date with Hoya. You needed some time alone with him. As you were rummaging through your clothes, your sister walked into your room.
 
“You should wear that denim dress you bought last weak, it’s so cute.” She said, plopping herself down onto your bed.
 
“You think Hoya will like it?” You asked her, while searching for the dress. Yerin rolled her eyes and laid down smirking.
 
“Are you seriously asking me that? You could be wearing a garbage bag and Hoya would still think you were the most beautiful girl on earth.” You turned to look at your sister who was now sitting up pouting at you.
 
“You’re so lucky, you know that? You have someone who loves you so much it’s unreal.” She said. You felt your cheeks getting warm and a smile spreading on your lips. You turned back to look for the dress and said, “You’re right. I am lucky, which is why I need to cherish and take care of him.” Your sister nodded in agreement before getting up to help you look for the dress.
 
xxx
 
“You look so pretty.” Hoya complimented you as you walked hand in hand. You’d finally found the dress hiding in your sisters closet. You weren’t surprised it was there; she was always borrowing your clothes.
 
“You look rather pretty yourself.” You said, giggling. The weather was just right; not too warm and sunny. You’d decided to go to the mall since you hadn’t gone for a while, and was in the mood to do some shopping.
 
“Hoya, let’s buy lots of couple things okay? We’ll look so cute!” You squealed, squeezing his hand and smiling up at him. The way Hoya looked at you screamed he was radiating love. He couldn’t have been happier. You were happy that you were able to make him happy, but there was a nagging feeling in the back of your head that something wasn’t right. You shoved the thought aside, not wanting to ruin your date and dragged him to the mall.
 
xxx
 
“Hoya! Look at these jackets! They’re so cute, oh my god. We need to get them.” You said, pulling out a pair of matching varsity jacket. You weren’t too entirely sure what come over you. You weren’t usually the type to go for cheesy couple things, but for some reason you were thrilled to be able to use them. Hoya simply smiled at you and ruffled your hair. He couldn’t possibly care what ridiculous couple outfits you picked out for the both of you as long as you were happy. The day continued on like this; you picking out couple outfits, amongst other things, and Hoya gladly obliging to every couple outfit you picked out. 
 
In the middle of picking yet another couple outfit, you turned to Hoya and asked, “How do you possibly put up with me? If I were you, my head would’ve probably exploded by now.” He gave you a puzzled look and laughed. The way he laughed was so genuinely happy, you couldn’t help but smile. 
 
“Simple. I love you. I’d put with anything you did. To an extent of course. It just so happens, I can tolerate your sudden need to buy us dozens of couple clothes we most likely won’t even end up wearing because you’ll see it’s kinda tacky and ask me why I didn’t stop you from buying them.” Your smile instantly dropped and you glared at him slightly. He knew you so well. Probably even better than you knew yourself. You sighed and flicked his forehead, then returning the shirts you were looking at.
 
“I hate you, you know that? How do you know so much about me? You know more about me than I do.” You said.
 
“You’re like an open book to me. There’s nothing I don’t know about you. We’ve been friends for so long, it’d be weird if I didn’t.” He said, grabbing your hand and leading you out the store.  You looked up at Hoya, who was happily now walking you home. It was true. He knew you so well. You could fake him a smile, and he’d see right through it. Dongwoo on the other hand, was completely oblivious. Either that, or he chose to be. You decided to think the latter, not wanting to believe that he might’ve known about your feelings for him all this time and decided to pretend not to know. Maybe it was better that way. At least you wouldn’t be as hurt, even though regardless, you would be.
 
Maybe it was time to finally give up on Dongwoo. You’d been chasing him for so long, you hadn’t noticed all the things around you, such as Hoya. You were so deep in your thoughts you hadn’t noticed you’d been staring at him.
 
“It seems like you were thinking about something deep. I can probably guess what it was though.” He said, holding your hand tighter. “I know your heart doesn’t belong completely to me right now, but I’m gonna do whatever I can to change that.” You gave him a soft smile, and put your head on his shoulder. Hoya was so selfless. He knew he might get hurt in the process, but he loved you regardless. How could you not love him? You stopped walking and turned him to face you.
 
“I love you.” You whispered softly, wrapping your arms around his neck.
 
“I love you more.”  He said back, wrapping his arms around your waist and slowly leaning in. And it was certainly true.
 

YOU GUYS. I'm so sorry! D: I know I promised you an update on Friday and I didn't update until today OTL

tbh, I just got too lazy to update orz.

Feel free to throw things at me~ :D

edit: SO MANY MISTAKES IN THIS I WANTED TO PUNCH MYSELF IN THE FACE, lol gosh. I probably still missed some. OTL 

whatevsssss