Chapter 9

Just Once

 

 
“What do you mean you’re going away for a week? Summer’s almost over and you’re leaving me?!” You whined over the phone. Hoya was going away for a week to visit his Grandma who’d recently become sick. You understood why he had to go, back you were hoping to spend the rest of your summer vacation together before school started again.
 
 
“I know, I’m sorry babe, but they need me to take care of her for a week until my Aunt comes back from her vacation. You’ll find things to do, plus I’ll call you everyday.” He reasoned, and chuckled. You pouted and buried your face in your pillow.
 
 
“Can’t you stay..?” You mumbled. You really didn’t want him to go. Things were going so well and you were enjoying all the time you’d been spending together.
 
 
He sighed on the other line and said, “you know how much I’d rather stay and be with you, but they need me babe. It’s only a week. You won’t even realize I’m gone!”
 
 
You sighed in defeat, and nodded your head. You mentally face-palmed realizing how couldn’t see you and mumbled out a begrudging “yes.”
 
 
You heard him chuckle, and mumble something you couldn’t quite make out. You didn’t bother asking him what he said because you knew he wasn’t going to tell you anyways. You really were going to miss him, even if it was just one week. You’d gotten so used to him being around all the time, that the prospect of him leaving made you feel lonely.
 
 
“You better come back quickly okay? And you better not look at other girls otherwise I’ll kill you!” He laughed at your childishness and promised you he wouldn’t. You bid your goodbyes to each other and hung up the phone.
 
 
It was unusual for you to be so attached to something, because you’d never been like that before. You were always the independent type, and being with Hoya changed you. You found yourself looking for him more, and wanting him more. You were pulled out of your thoughts when your phone suddenly vibrated. Your eyes widen as you read the name on the screen.
 
 
Yo, let’s hang out tomorrow. I miss you!
 
- Dongwoo
 
 
You blinked at the message and blew up your cheeks. Since you’d started dating Hoya, you hadn’t been hanging out with Dongwoo as much; partially because you wanted to spend time away from him. You hadn’t necessarily been avoiding him, you just hadn’t been making the effort to see him. You were trying to focus your time on spending it with Hoya, and developing your feelings. You quickly replied back to him telling him you missed him too, and would love to hang out.
 
 
He replied instantly and said:
 
Perfect. Since Hoya’s going to be away, I’m going to keep you company! kekeke. Meet me tomorrow at Hysterie Café at 10am!
 
- Dongwoo
 
You smiled at the message and put your phone away. You began to debate on whether or not you should actually go. You knew you still had feelings for Dongwoo not matter how much you tried to deny or suppress them, they were still there. You didn’t want to risk anything, but at the same time, he was still your best friend. He’d begin to wonder why you were avoiding him, which would just create even more of a mess. 
 
 
“Well, what’s the worse that could happen?” You asked yourself.
 
 

Don't kill me, LOL. I know it's been so long since I last updated. What has it been, almost a month? OTL I have no excuse. Feel free to throw things at me. I'm sorry it's a boring chapter as well, but don't worry! It'll get better next chapter maybe. loooooooool. btw, unedited cos i'm lazy, ya'know? lol.