Chapter 4

My Miracle, My Star, My Only One.

Baekhyun would smugly wear the look of a champion and peck Yixing on the cheek before proceeding with his solo concert in the bathroom. Yixing, having cleaned up before the members gathered in his room, got into bed in his t-shirt and lay awake with a smile listening to the lovely voice belting out song after song, occasionally harmonizing for a few lines.

 

Yixing would fall asleep before Baekhyun was done, so when he stepped out of the bathroom, hair dripping water, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, he would hastily dry off and put on Yixing’s large grey t-shirt. He would get under the covers and hold Yixing in his arms, relishing the way their bodies curved around each other.

 

Like a perfect match.

 

Yixing would stir and Baekhyun would place the softest kiss on his upper lip, tucking his head below his chin and sighing in content. He would draw his hands through the thick black hair back and forth, feeling the way Yixing’s hands explored the contours of his back.

 

Yixing would listen to Baekhyun breathing beside his ear, reaching up to caress the perfect lips with his thumb. He smelled like soap, like sunshine and moonlight, like warmth and snow, like all the beautiful things in the world.

 

Yixing would bring his face down to kiss him on the tip of his nose, and Baekhyun would blow onto his neck in revenge. Yixing would squirm and laugh, and oh how much Baekhyun missed that laugh. They murmured sweet nothings under the moonlight, caught between simply holding on to each other’s body for eternity and getting down to business.

 

They would spend the night this way, sometimes sleeping, sometimes not. Sometimes rough, sometimes gentle.

 

And the next morning their members would pretend not to see the swollen lips and the red marks on their necks. They would head outside this way, with Luhan and Minseok’s hands intertwined, Junmyeon’s arm draped across Sehun’s waist, Jongin leaning on Kyungsoo as they walked. Chanyeol would keep his hands in his pockets and his eyes on the carpet, Jongdae muttering darkly to himself, trudging behind Baekhyun and Lay as Baekhyun reached over to kiss Lay’s temple.