Chapter 5

My Miracle, My Star, My Only One.

Chanyeol had known Baekhyun for a long time, although he wasn’t sure when he started falling for the boy. During their trainee days they were a lively pair, annoying the heck out of all their hyungs, sure, but they were mood makers. Before they debuted, out of all the 10 members, 9 were fitter and stronger than Baekhyun, and although Baekhyun wasn’t weak nor did he slow down their progress the least, after every session he would be the first to collapse on the floor and yelp like a puppy. Chanyeol could never resist the way he sprawled open on the floor, and would throw himself onto him with a battle cry and the others would laugh as the two of them tumbled on the floor in a tangle of arms and legs.

 

Chanyeol knew he took too long finding the courage to confess his love when he saw Baekhyun and Yixing kissing that afternoon. For a moment all he felt was a numb shock, then when the wave of bleak sadness hit all he could do was look out of the window and hold back the tears from falling. Junmyeon looked up from where he was reading a book beside him, a questioning look of concern on his face, and patted his shoulder gently. Chanyeol tried to contain his thousands of emotions in his broken heart but it felt all the air out of his lungs and he waited for the two to leave the room before the last fiber finally snapped.

 

And he was silently sobbing his heart out in Junmyeon’s lap, and he could feel pats on his back that felt like they belonged to a handful of people, but the blood was rushing too loudly in his ears and all he could hear was something breaking, shattering, and he knew that he would never be whole again.