Chapter 8

My Miracle, My Star, My Only One.

When Zhang Yixing stepped into the dorm at 4a.m. the first thing he saw was the figure snuggled among blankets at the corner of the couch. He dropped his luggage, the smile on his weary face stretching wider every step he took towards the boy until he crouched in front of the face he missed day and night.

 

He gently ruffled the soft hair, and the faint scent of shampoo filled his nostrils. Eyelids blinked open and all he could see was the stars shining in his eyes, blinding with happiness and glowing with warmth.

 

Baekhyun’s face broke into a beautiful smile and, almost as if he was shy, he buried it in Yixing’s chest, where an excited heart hammered for its life. Yixing gathered him in a tight hug and pressed his lips to the side of his neck, exhaling loudly through his nose with satisfaction when he felt the younger boy place a kiss just below his earlobe.

 

Baekhyun’s body shook with a laugh when he felt Yixing’s chin press into his shoulder in a huge yawn, and he pulled away to cup his face in both of his hands and looked solemnly into the beautiful brown eyes.

 

“Zhang Yixing, Sir, I forbid you from going anywhere until you get enough rest.”

 

He watched the corners of Yixing’s eyes crinkle in a smile. He pulled the covers apart and sat back down, getting into a comfortable position before opening his arms to invite Yixing onto his lap. Yixing shook off his jacket and climbed onboard without hesitation, cozying his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder as the younger boy stretched over to wrap the blankets around them.

 

Baekhyun traced small circles with his thumb where his hand lay on Yixing’s chest, and listened to his breath fall into a steady rhythm by his ears.