Chapter 3

My Miracle, My Star, My Only One.

Gradually Yixing saw Baekhyun less and less, more often flying from city to city in China. They messaged and video called every other day, but Baekhyun missed him too dearly. He craved his scent, his touch, his kiss. He could tell Chanyeol was inching closer to him everyday, his gaze lingering a second longer on himself everyday, his hugs harder, tighter.

 

He responded with the same warmth, although in his heart it was crystal clear that his feelings were only for the boy miles away.

 

When EXO flew to China for concerts or scheduled activities Yixing would fly over from whichever city he was in to join them. He would greet the brothers he missed with hugs, saving Baekhyun for the last. The members would make all sorts of noises as Baekhyun threw himself into those open arms, burying his small face in the strong shoulder he was so familiar with. When Yixing was feeling particularly playful he would cup Baekhyun’s face in his hands in front of everyone and kiss the tip of his nose. It was Baekhyun’s weak spot and it drove him crazy every time.

 

They would catch up and mess around with each other for a while, then Jongin would wear that sleepy look on his face and Kyungsoo would chase everyone back into their rooms, pushing Baekhyun back into the seat with a wink when he got up as well.

 

“Oh no, you stay here for as long as you want, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun huffed as Yixing tried to suppress a grin from breaking out.

 

“We have a schedule tomorrow morning, kids. Don’t stay up too late,” Junmyeon said over his shoulder with a pointed look.

 

When the door finally closed for the last time with a soft click, Yixing and Baekhyun looked at each other for a full minute, before Baekhyun closed the distance and took his face in his hands, covering his lips with hungry kisses. Yixing would give in for a while, then stop and gently push the boy away.

 

“Go wash up, babe. You’re sleeping here tonight.”