Taeyong - Unbelievable

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I threw myself on the bed, inhaled a deep breath then released it hardly. I looked at the ceiling and hoped it ruined down and killed me all of a sudden. Actually, I tried to understand what Mr. Park, our family’s counselor said a few hours ago.

My parents were involved in a car accident and it caused them dead two years ago. Surprisingly, my dad left a will for me and my hyung, even before he died. And as per requested, the will could only be read in front of me and my hyung a day after my 22nd birthday.

To be honest, I never wanted anything such like a legacy or something like that. I just want my parents alive. But I couldn’t believe what I heard when Mr. Park hinted ‘matchmaking’.

“I apologize, Taeyong-ssi. I know this is hard for you but your father knew that you’re ‘different’ since several years ago. That’s why he did this to make sure you’ll get the best. You’ll meet Mr. Kim next week in their house, accompanied by me and your brother for sure, Lee Myungsoo. You’ll be given a year to know each other before the wedding date set.”

What-The-Hell..??!!

Did he just say WEDDING???

“Sorry, Mr. Park. But you said that Appa knew Taeyong was different. What does it mean?” Myungsoo hyung asked.

Mr. Park smiled. “He knew your brother is different. I mean, he doesn’t like girls, right? I think you get my point since you know your brother very well, more than me.”

Myungsoo hyung sighed then stole a glance to me. I didn’t know what to say or what to do. The fact that my dad knew everything just hit me. And he never said any single word to confront me. That just made me respecting my dad even more. He understood me very well and he knew what I felt. But still, I can’t just meeting someone then marry him, right?

My appa had a friend named Kim Junmyeon. They were best friend since in the elementary school. After high school graduation, Kim Junmyeon and his family went overseas so Kim Junmyeon can continued the study there and went to a very good college. Kim Junmyeon then met someone which later he married.

I never met them in person. But they once sent us the family picture years ago consist of 2 men and a boy around 5 years old. Yes, 2 men. Kim Junmyeon and Do Kyungsoo were gay. Previously, Kim Junmyeon was married his colleague through his parents arrangement with the business partner’s daughter. But after gave birth their first and last child, Kim Jaehyun, who resembled his dad so much, she dead. And after three years in grieve, Kim Junmyeon married Do Kyungsoo, a man who always been his first and perhaps his endless love.

Kim family couldn’t attend my parents’ funeral. A week after the accident, Kim Junmyeon visited the grave and met Myungsoo hyung while I was drowned in a sea of sadness. So yes, I never met him.

I heard someone knocked on my door. Myungsoo hyung appeared with smiled on his lips.

“I know you’re not sleeping yet.” He sat on the couch, facing me who laying lazily on my bad.

“Hyung.. I don’t want this. You know I can’t accept this arrangement.”

He smiled. “I know.”

“How can I marry someone I don’t know and probably don’t like at all? What if I won’t get any happiness after the marriage?”

Once again, he smiled and nodded. “I know. This is hard for you. I didn’t expect this too but since this is our beloved dad’s will, could you please just give him a chance?”

I scowled. “What do you mean?”

“Meet him first. Give yourself and this kid a chance to know each other and get along in a year. If you can’t do it anymore, just let me know. If you can endure it until a year so our dad will be happy then.” He explained.

I fell in silence for a while, trying to convince myself that everything will be alright.

We fell in silence until I broke the ice. “Hyung.. The fact that Appa knows..”

“I streaked at first honestly. Maybe that’s the reason why he never blames you. Because his best friend is the same. He must have known the feeling. But to match you with his best friend’s son can be considered as a probability. He might think that a good fruit comes from a good tree.”

 “But..”

“Look, Taeyong-ah, just try. This is his last wish. As a good son, I know you can do it.”

“Okay, I’ll try. But if I fail..”

Myungsoo hyung cut me off. “I will explain everything to Mr. Kim. We can’t impose love, right? But promise me you’ll do your best.”

He’s the last family I had and I couldn’t let him down so I nodded.

He smiled then randomized my hair. “Good boy. Now sleep.”

When Myungsoo hyung exit my room, my phone rang. Letters forming ‘Johnny’ was marked on the screen. I sighed deeply. Explain to Johnny will be the hardest thing to do instead of meeting the son from Kim family.

*

 

“Why does it hard to see you lately? Did I do something wrong?”Johnny asked. His eyes were looking straight into my eyes, waiting for the answer.

I sighed. There’s no point in hiding something from Johnny. He can read your mind. All of his hunch mostly true.

“Are you meeting someone behind me?” he guessed.

“No. But I will.”

“And what does it mean? If that was a joke then it’s not funny.”

“No, it’s not.”

“But why? I think everything is going smoothly and..”

“Johnny.. I.. My dad knew who I am.”

His eyes widened. “Your deceased father?”

I nodded. “He has set me and his best friend’s son for a wedding after a year of courtship period.”

He gawked in disbelief. “Why are you doing this to me?” He held my hand.

“I’m sorry, Johnny. I really do. But.. this is the last plea of my dad. And I promised Myungsoo hyung to try first. But if it can’t go smoothly as expected, he will try his best to set me free.”

Johnny fell in silence.

“Johnny..”

I looked at his handsome face. I always admire his half Korean and half American face. And have been in 3 years of relationship with him was something priceless. Oh God.. How can I leave this man? He’s so kind, care and tender. Why do I have to deal with this situation?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter