Repay The Favor

Sick Souls

Another week had passed by, still everything was well, so DaeSung was soon ready to go back to work. SeungHyun was sitting in the couch and reading a book he had found in DaeSung's big library of psychological books. He had made up his mind to read about his illness, and try to understand it better. DaeSung had tried to educate him, but it just didn't stick to his brain, so he wanted to try for himself.

 

DaeSung was sitting in the other end of the couch and reading some of his patients files, since he had to keep up with all of them, when he had to go back to work. While they sat in silence, his phone rang and he picked it up. SeungHyun lowered his book to see him talk, interested in who it could be.

 

“JinWoo, hey.” DaeSung said and smiled, but he could hear some police sirens in the back ground.

 

“What's happening?” He asked quickly and sat up abruptly.

 

“Dae, I need your help.” A shaken voice said in the other end of the phone.

 

“Sure, what's up?” DaeSung quickly said, wanting to know what was happening.

 

“You remember when we met with the police officer Song Minho in the police department, he talked about a guy who had left him right?” JinWoo asked quickly.

 

“Yeah, yeah, what about him?” DaeSung asked rushed, and was almost on his way to stand up from the couch.

 

“He has been found dead. I need you to do me a favor.” JinWoo quickly said and DaeSung nodded to himself.

 

“Sure sure what can I do?” He asked and JinWoo sighed, more like in relief than anything else.

 

“Mino need someone to talk to, and he won't even let me near him. I know him a bit too well, so I guessed if you could help me out with that.” JinWoo asked, and now DaeSung finally got up from the couch.

 

“Alright, where is he, I am on my way.” He said and urged SeungHyun to get up as well. Which he quickly did. JinWoo told him the adress of Mino, and they hung up.

 

“What's wrong?” SeungHyun asked, since all he could hear was a loud muffle and sirens.

 

“The police guy who interrogated you with the case, just found his old boyfriend dead, and I need to go see him.” DaeSung said as he pulled SeungHyun with him to the door. SeungHyun was still holding on to the book he had been reading and was one big puzzle.

 

“Why?” SeungHyun asked confused, and DaeSung was already fighting with his feet to push them down in his shoes.

 

“Because JinWoo did me a huge favor by taking over you when it was that time, he held his hand over you when I told him not to admit you to a hospital, and now I am returning his favor.” He said breahtless, and got up and put his jacket on.

 

“You are going down to the others, and you stay there. I don't care if you interrupt anything.” DaeSung told him, rather firmly. SeungHyun just nodded and waddled out with DaeSung to the hallway and DaeSung locked the door, giving SeungHyun his key, and put his own in his pocket.

 

“Behave well.” DaeSung said, a little softer this time, and kiss him for at least a whole minute, when they were in the elevator, and SeungHyun stepped out on the 9th floor, and DaeSung went down to the exit.

 

***

 

 

DaeSung reached Mino's place and saw a few police cars outside, but now they had at least turned the sirens off. The door had a crime scene tape over, and JinWoo was on the phone with someone. DaeSung quickly went to his colleague and JinWoo hung up on the conversation.

 

“How does it look?” DaeSung asked concerned. JinWoo shook his head, and a tear rolled down his cheek.

 

“TaeHyun had apparently visited Mino without him being home. I don't know what have happened, but TaeHyun killed himself in there. Mino came home and found him.” He softly answered and dried his tear. After all, they had been friends for a long time, so he was grieving too.

 

“Mino keeps saying he didn't kill himself. That he wasn't suicidal. But the evidence tells otherwise. Plus there's no break in, nor is there any sign of a fight.” JinWoo said, sniffling a bit. It was hard to talk about, but he wanted the other to know the details. Since he was the one who both had to talk to Mino about it, and also convince him about what have happened.

 

“How did he...?” DaeSung softly asked. It wasn't the first nor the last person he was going to consult for losing a loved one to suicide.

 

“He hang himself. By the stairs. Possibly jumping from the first floor and down. His neck snapped.” JinWoo said and looked down. DaeSung softly pulled him into his arms, as he knew the younger would be happy with a hug right now. They stood in silence for a few minutes as JinWoo sniffled and sobbed a bit.

 

“Where's Mino now?” DaeSung softly asked when he pulled away from the hug and looked at JinWoo.

 

“He's at his office. Trying to figure out who killed him.” JinWoo answered, and thanked DaeSung for helping him. They hugged shortly, and DaeSung was taken to the station, where Mino perhaps still was.

 

DaeSung arrived at the station and found Minho's office after looking around a bit. Just before he knocked on the door, he heard a sniffle, and figured the other must be pretty sad. So he knocked and waited for the answer.

 

“Go away.” The voice sounded from the other side. DaeSung sighed softly.

 

“Mr. Song, I need to talk to you.” DaeSung said, and when Mino didn't get who is was by the voice, he went over and opened the door to check who would be here now.

 

“You?” Mino asked puzzled, and didn't get why he was there. They had only met that one time, where SeungHyun had been interrogated.

 

“What do you want?” Mino asked slowly, thinking it must be something with the case. DaeSung very softly put his foot into the crack in the door, without Mino noticing it.

 

“I am Kang DaeSung, and I am a psychiatrist. JinWoo asked me to come talk to you.” He said, and as he figured, Mino wanted to close the door. But that didn't happen since DaeSung's foot was in the way, and then DaeSung just went in, pushing Mino a bit back again. He noticed how grand the office was. Figuring that he most be pretty high in the rank.

 

“JinWoo doesn't know what he's talking about. I am fine.” Mino said and went back to sit by his desk, and made DaeSung close the door. He sat down in front of the desk.

 

“Mr. Song, Minho, if I can call you that. You just found your ex boyfriend in your house, having killed himself. Of course you are not fine.” He said softly and Mino glared at him.

 

“He didn't kill himself!” He raged as he was sure someone had hurt his ex.

 

“If he went to my house to kill himself, why wouldn't he leave a letter? Why not just jump off a bridge? Why would he go all the way to my place, just to hurt me like that? He didn't. He went there for a reason, and now I will never know that reason.” Mino said with pain in his voice. He wanted DaeSung to know that TaeHyun really hadn't killed himself. Because Mino himself was completely sure. DaeSung was quite speechless. He knew nothing about investigation things, but what Mino said made sense. Why indeed would his ex go to his house, unannounced and kill himself? DaeSung had never even heard about that sort of suicide. That was too weird a kind of suicide to be true.

 

“You make sense. And I choose to believe you. I have never heard about such a suicide that a person would do in an ex's place, just to do it without reason.” DaeSung answered, and looked at Mino with a bit of a thoughtful look.

 

“I want to help you make this out. I want to help you find out who did this to TaeHyun.” DaeSung said and Mino got up, putting out his hand to shake it with DaeSung's.

“Thank you. I appreciate it.” He answered and they shook hands.