1st Session

Sick Souls

DaeSung woke up with TaeYang by his side. They were both and it had been a good night. He quickly shut the alarm off, and got out of bed, then he just went to the bathroom and took a shower. While he was getting the shampoo out of his hair, TaeYang stepped in next to him. DaeSung had his eyes closed, but they shared a kiss even though. After getting the shampoo out of the hair, he then crashed his lips upon TaeYang's and deepened it immediately.

 

Thank you for tonight.” TaeYang said when they broke the kiss, making them share a new kiss.

 

Sorry sweetie, I got to hurry to work. See you tonight right?” DaeSung said, kissing him and exiting the shower.

 

Sure.” TaeYang answered and started to wash his hair. DaeSung dried himself, and got out to the bedroom, and got dressed. He quickly left for work after that. When he got there, he quickly poured some coffee into his mug, and went to his office. There he read the list of patients that he would expect. A new name was on the paper, a Choi SeungHyun. DaeSung raised an eyebrow, but didn't put more than that into it. After a few minutes, his day started and he had to see patients.

 

***

 

At 1pm, SeungHyun was supposed to arrive, and after there had been no showing of him, in the first 10 minutes, DaeSung thought he might have forgotten it. But suddenly, when he was just about to give up on the new patient, a knock was heard on the door. Two guys entered, but even though they were two, he knew immediately who the patient was. He looked so... Depressed.

 

Hi I am JiYong and I am just here with my friend. I have reservated the time today, and I think he needs someone to help him. He doesn't think so himself, so please help him doctor.” JiYong said with a low voice to DaeSung, not wanting SeungHyun to hear his concern.

 

I will do my best.” DaeSung replied and smiled at the patients friend.

 

I will be right out here Hyunnie.” JiYong said to SeungHyun and exited the office. DaeSung got up from his chair and sat down in a comfortable chair, and made a gesture for SeungHyun to sit on the couch.

 

Hi SeungHyun. I am Kang DaeSung, but you can call me Dae. So tell me a bit about yourself please.” DaeSung said with a kind smile. SeungHyun had his head bend low and just looked at his fingers, which were working on binding themselves together. DaeSung noticed that SeungHyun hadn't even looked at him yet.

 

Are you uncomfortable?” DaeSung asked kindly and SeungHyun shifted in his position, but still didn't look at DaeSung.

 

A little.” SeungHyun answered, but the voice was near to none-exciting. His fingers still trying to kill each other, which DaeSung had a solution for.

 

Here.” He said and handed a small plastic object to SeungHyun. Finally SeungHyun looked up and saw DaeSung, he was smiling, and SeungHyun was completely taken aback. Slowly, while starring at DaeSung, he took the small object that he was handed.


“What?...” SeungHyun asked surprised. DaeSung smiled wide.

 

Move it around. It's a tangle.” DaeSung explained. SeungHyun moved it with his fingers, and it was like a little snake. It was moving in all kinds of ways. Quite satisfied with it, SeungHyun sat back in the couch, more comfortable, and played with the plastic thing.

 

So tell me... How are you when you are home? Do you do chores, and shower, and brush your teeth daily?” DaeSung asked, now he was sure he had the attention of SeungHyun.

 

Uhm.... Not really.” SeungHyun answered, rather embarressed.

 

Do you feel tired and like you are too lazy to do anything?” He asked.

 

Yeah. Like nothing matters.”SeungHyun answered, living up a bit, because finally he found one who understood him. Which had been difficult to find.

 

Is it impossible to concentrate? If you're reading or watching TV?” DaeSung continued. Making small notes while they talked.

 

It is!” SeungHyun said, getting a little happier that someone knew how he felt.

 

Have you been considering to hurt yourself? Wanting to end your life, so the pain won't be so tough?” DaeSung more carefully asked, not wanting to trigger something in him. SeungHyun lowered his head and looked down a the plastic object.

 

I just feel so sad and down the whole time, so yeah I have thought about it...” SeungHyun nearly whispered. DaeSung did hear it though.

 

Are you able to sleep well?” DaeSung asked, and tried lightening the mood.

 

Not really. I can sometimes be able to fall sleep on the couch, or really late in the morning.” SeungHyun answered, just daring to look at DaeSung for a moment.

 

SeungHyun... I am sorry to say it, but it seems like you are having a depression. And I would suggest that you get some medicine, and come here for conversations. Medicine alone can be helpful, but something triggered the depression and if we find out why, we could solve the problem.” DaeSung said with concern but also with a kind smile, so he felt it wasn't the end of the world. SeungHyun looked at him with a sad look, but didn't seem that surprised. He was surprised, but he didn't want to show it.

 

So... You are sure I am sick?” SeungHyun carefully asked. DaeSung looked at him with a slightly sad glint in his eyes.

 

Sorry SeungHyun. I am sure.” DaeSung answered. SeungHyun nodded, not sure if he liked it.

 

Give me and the medicine about a month or a little more. And I am sure you'll be quickly on your way for getting better.” DaeSung assured him. SeungHyun nodded again.

 

I will just write the prescription for the medicine and then I want you to take 2 of these, for a week, and 4 for the next week. They aren't so strong, but I need to see how you react to it. If there's anything wrong with it, then we just adjust.” DaeSung said with a kind smile and wrote a prescription.

 

If your friend isn't too busy, maybe he could buy it for you?” DaeSung suggested and SeungHyun nodded.

 

I want to see you here next week. Maybe...” DaeSung said, looking through his tablet, to find a spot in his calendar.

 

Thursday at 2pm?” He suggested, and SeungHyun just nodded. Not really listening. So DaeSung wrote a small note and followed SeungHyun out of the office. JiYong got up and DaeSung went to him.

 

This is his next appointment, and if you are not too busy, I would be happy if you could go with him to the pharmacy and get these pills. Here is the paper for it. And I am sure you want to know what is wrong, but I am under professional secrecy, so he needs to tell you. Sorry. But thank you for getting him here.” DaeSung said and handed him the prescription.

 

Thank you too Doctor.” JiYong said and shook his hand. SeungHyun stood still and looked out of the window, so JiYong went to him, and made him go with him.

 

They went to the pharmacy and got the medicine. After that, JiYong got SeungHyun home, and got him to take the first 2 pills of medicine. After an hour of just sitting in the couch, and watching TV, JiYong turned to SeungHyun.

 

What did the doctor say?” JiYong softly asked. SeungHyun turned his attention to JiYong.

 

Apparently I am depressive.” SeungHyun said with a sigh. JiYong took him in his arms, and gave him a tight hug.

 

We will make this work, and if you need anything, you can just ask.” JiYong said over his shoulder.

 

Thank you...” SeungHyun mumbled into JiYong's shoulder that his head was hiding in.

 

And if you need me to be around, you are welcome to stay with me. That would perhaps make some things better.” Jiyong suggested and SeungHyun broke the hug.

 

You don't have to do that!” He quickly said and JiYong smiled so kindly to him.

 

If you need it, you can stay with me.” JiYong said with certainty.

 

Thanks.” SeungHyun said sincere.

 

 

***

 

Later that day, DaeSung got home and waited an hour for TaeYang, but when he didn't show up, DaeSung called him.

 

Hi sweetie, sorry I have to be here for tonight. I will see you later!” TaeYang quickly said and hung up. DaeSung looked annoyed at the phone, but didn't take it personally. He knew the working hours at the restaurant could be bad. So he called his best friend.

 

Hi Ri babe.” DaeSung said when he picked up the phone.

 

Cutie! Hi! What are you doing?” SeungRi asked with a smile that was almost audible.

 

You know... Not really that much... Can I drop by?” DaeSung asked and didn't wait two seconds for an answer.

 

Sure! Though, only problem. It is Friday... I am going to party.” SeungRi answered. DaeSung laughed.

 

Of course. Okay, I will go with you!” DaeSung said with a smile. SeungRi gasped from excitement.

 

Oh my! Really DaeDae?? That would be so awesome! It's been so long since we partied together! I am going to get you sooo drunk!” SeungRi exclaimed with happiness.

 

Slow down Ri Babe. I just end up making bad decisions and up.” DaeSung laughed and SeungRi joined in.

 

Sure. But you haven't been with a guy in sooo long! Are you getting boring?” SeungRi asked, like he was accusing him of that. DaeSung choose just to play along as he always did.

 

I do see guys. Just... Alright partyboy! You win.” He said with defeat because of lacking a good lie.

 

See you in 30 minutes!” SeungRi yelled and hung up. DaeSung looked at the phone with sudden stress from only having 30 minutes to get ready. He flew into the shower and took a quick one, before getting dressed in nice party clothes. He then carefully styled his hair. After that he quickly put on some perfume, and went out of his apartment. Taking the elevator down to the 9th floor, and getting off. Going to SeungRi's apartment. He didn't even knock, he just entered.

 

Dae kitty!!” SeungRi yelled when he entered. DaeSung smiled and gave him a hug.

 

Cutie Ri! Are we ready for the party?” DaeSung let go of him and SeungRi winked at him.


“Always sweetie.” SeungRi said, both grinning.