Post-Break Up

Sick Souls

SeungRi left the 13th floor, in quite a hurry. He had been outside the door when he heard loud voices inside and not because he wanted to listen, it just got too interesting. TaeYang loved DaeSung? Had they been together? And for how long? And was DaeSung seeing someone? Then what about SeungHyun? Did he maybe mean SeungHyun? Since it was new...

 

He just got to his own apartment, and thought about calling JiYong, but he didn't want to be a snitch. After about half an hour, when he was sure TaeYang was gone, he went back to DaeSung's apartment. He carefully knocked and didn't know what to expect. When he didn't get an answer, he tried the handle and went inside.

 

“Dae Kitty?” SeungRi asked, the apartment were all lit, but he couldn't see DaeSung anywhere. He went to the living room, and saw a black spot, with a top of blonde hair sitting by the window.

 

“What happened Dae?” SeungRi asked and DaeSung turned to look at him, trying not to cry again.

 

“Just had a fight with Tae...” He answered and turned to look out of the window again. SeungRi sighed, he didn't want to keep it a secret that he knew.

 

“I know... I wanted to talk to you, but I heard loud voices and sort of heard your conversation.” SeungRi admitted, somehow not surprising DaeSung. It seemed like his typical bad luck that everyone around him should feel his way down.

 

“How long were you and TaeYang together?” SeungRi carefully asked.

 

“We weren't together. We just had with each other when we felt like it.” DaeSung answered, not giving a single about it anymore. The thing with people knowing about it.

 

“Oh... Why didn't you tell me?” SeungRi asked. DaeSung looked at him again.

 

“I know you're my best friend, but I don't have to tell you about every guy I see, or have with. You manage to talk about that for the both of us.” DaeSung just said, hoping he didn't hurt him, but his mood was so bad that he didn't really care.

 

“This is really getting to you...” SeungRi muttered.

 

“Is this about the thing with SeungHyun? Because if you like TaeYang, then whatever with the tall guy!” SeungRi said as he tried to make it better, not knowing he only made it worse.

 

“But I like SeungHyun and I don't care about TaeYang! That's the problem. TaeYang is a great guy, but we said we would never fall in love, and I didn't. Love and needs are not the same thing. I just gave up a great guy, so I could possibly have something with another one, and I am not even sure it will get to be anything at all!” DaeSung said as he leaned back against the wall behind him.

 

“Why am I so ed up?” DaeSung mumbled, and SeungRi could clearly feel the guy in front of him, hated himself right now. SeungRi chuckled slightly, not because it was fun, but from selfirony.

 

“You think you are ed up? Didn't you just say that I am the one talking about my new guy every week? At least you held onto your friend for a while. And you did the right thing. You didn't like TaeYang, and it's only the best way to tell him you don't want him, when you want another person. You would only make things worse if you got together with TaeYang and then had with SeungHyun beside that. TaeYang will get over it, and move on. You are the only person who can make yourself happy. And you make yourself happy by taking choices. We never know if it's the right choice until there have been some time, but I am sure that this choice for you, is the right one. You didn't like Tae, so you didn't just get together with him, just to have a boyfriend. Because you knew that was not what would make you happy. I just want you to be happy.” SeungRi said with a very strong voice trying to get through to DaeSung.

 

“Wow... You are an even better psychiatrist than I am.” DaeSung said with a tiny smile, a single tear falling from his eye, because it was just so impressive what he just said.

 

“Well... I listen to you every day. Of course something would fall off and get into my brain.” SeungRi answered with a smile. DaeSung chuckled a little.

 

“I know your day can't get worse, so I will stay here with you and give you a nice rest of the day.” SeungRi suggested and pulled DaeSung up from the ground.

 

“Thanks.” He just answered, giving SeungRi a hug and they held each other close for some minutes. SeungRi knew DaeSung needed it, and he didn't mind it. Slowly they pulled away and SeungRi took his hand and went to the couch, making him sit down and sat down himself.

 

“Do you want to watch something on TV? Or watch a movie?” SeungRi asked, DaeSung leaning his head on SeungRi's shoulder, with a sigh he just picked up the remote control next to him and the TV. They watched something on the TV for about an hour, and then decided to go and sleep. SeungRi stayed with him, they had known each other for so long, so it wasn't weird sleeping together. SeungRi fell asleep quickly, while DaeSung was thinking for a long time, before he finally fell asleep.

 

***

 

It was morning and SeungRi woke up, still tired, but that would go away soon. He looked at the clock on the nightstand and saw it was 9am. After waking DaeSung, who just turned around and wanted to sleep more, he got up and got dressed before he left the bedroom. He saw JiYong had called him last night, so he called him back. He knew it was their good night call, but he didn't have so much time for talking last night, at least not to anyone else than DaeSung.

 

“It's JiYong?” A very sleepy voice was heard in the other end. SeungRi hadn't really thought about it , that the time was only 9.

 

“Hi Cutie, sorry for waking you. DaeSung had a rough night, so I stayed with him and that's why I didn't get to call you last night.” SeungRi explained.

 

“Oh that's alright. Is he okay?” JiYong asked and SeungRi sighed.

 

“Right now or will be?” SeungRi asked with a little smile. JiYong chuckled.

 

“Well, that's up to you.” JiYong said and switched in bed.

 

“Then I guess he will be.” SeungRi answered. JiYong gasped, and surprised SeungRi.

 

“I have a great idea! Why don't you and Dae come over to my place for breakfast?”JiYong asked with a great smile. Such a smile which could be heard through the phone.

 

“That's not a bad idea!” SeungRi chimed in.

 

“Then what about getting ready and then we see each other in about an hour and a half?” JiYong suggested and SeungRi smiled.

 

“Yes that's a deal. See you!” SeungRi said, sending a kiss over the phone and hung up. After a few seconds he received a message with the address.

 

“Dae!” SeungRi yelled, going back to the bedroom and woke him up.

 

“We are going out for breakfast!” SeungRi said with a grin. DaeSung hid in the covers and just eyed him from a peep-hole.

 

“You are so annoying... What have I ever done to you?” DaeSung asked with a tease and removed the duvet from him and got up.

 

“You love me I know.” SeungRi answered with a smirk and ruffled DaeSung's hair as he walked by.

 

“I am going down to take a shower. I will be here again in less than an hour.”SeungRi announced, walking towards the exit of the apartment.

 

“And get ready means shower, and nice clothes. Plus some perfume and remember to brush!” SeungRi yelled from the hallway and went out.

 

“Yes mother!!” DaeSung yelled after him, hearing the slam from the door right after. Somehow he couldn't keep from smiling. He really loved that guy – as a best friend. So DaeSung got ready while SeungRi did too.

 

***

 

JiYong got up from the bed and hurried to SeungHyun in the living room, whom were just watching JiYong come running. With the hands on his hips he looked almost accusing at SeungHyun.

 

“Still didn't sleep?” JiYong asked, SeungHyun just shook his head and raised an eyebrow.

 

“It's Sunday. Why are you up so early?” SeungHyun asked, JiYong smiling wide.

 

“We've got company in less than hour and a half. I go shower, then I cook, and then you shower!” JiYong said, already laying down the strategy, like it was some warfare.

 

“Okay.” SeungHyun just said and kept looking at JiYong who found it odd that there was no complaint.

 

“Why do you keep standing there? Go shower.” SeungHyun said with amusement. JiYong was just about to say something, but shut it and went to the bathroom. After both of them had showered, the breakfast smelled really good from the kitchen and soon after the doorbell rang.