Blind Date

Sick Souls

SeungHyun and JiYong were on their way down to the bridge, and SeungHyun kept complaining. He didn't want to meet another, and he was sure that this whatever guy was nowhere near as perfect as DaeSung.

 

“Stop complaining. I do believe you are getting better! Two weeks ago you would just go with it and not say a word. Not that I am annoyed by it, I am just happy that you are getting better. Now no more complaining.” JiYong rambled on, and held SeungHyun's hand to drag him along. SeungHyun was slightly leaning back, so it wasn't easy for JiYong to drag him. Especially because he put all his weight against it.

 

“Oh just come along! I am sure you'll be glad to see him!” JiYong said and made a big tug with both of his hands around the one hand he had from SeungHyun. With that SeungHyun just gave up with a defeated sigh and walked along. He started to see the start of the bridge, and somehow butterflies were forming in his stomach. Not knowing what to expect, he followed along, willingly this time.

 

***

 

While JiYong was dragging SeungHyun to the meeting place, DaeSung was following SeungRi, whom still hadn't told him what they were doing at the bridge. They were talking like always while walking, and SeungRi kept telling about JiYong who was apparently the best person in the world, as it sounded. DaeSung just said whatever he thought was suitable for the conversation.

 

They were quickly by the bridge and SeungRi stopped half way over it. DaeSung stopped too, and SeungRi leaned over the wall which kept them from falling in the water. He was watching the water, and DaeSung choose the follow his example.

 

“If you have dragged me here to simply look at water, I might have to kill you.” DaeSung said, sounding serious, but he was of course just kidding.

 

“Your surprise will be here soon.” SeungRi just said, watching the busy water. DaeSung looked at him and put an elbow down on the small wall, holding his head in the hand, and watched SeungRi's eyes look at the water.

 

“What surprise?” DaeSung suddenly asked after a while of silence. Now he was curious, and kind of excited. Well, you could never know what SeungRi could come up with.

 

“You'll see...” SeungRi mumbled and picked up a small stone from the ground and dropped it in the water. They could hear voices getting closer, but DaeSung didn't notice it, because it was normal that people came by here, so it wasn't really anything special. But SeungRi smiled, he knew JiYong's voice. He straightened up and looked at the direction where two men were walking. DaeSung looked too, but didn't seem affected at all, so he looked out on the water again.

 

SeungRi waved at the two, and JiYong waved back. Now DaeSung was way more curious. He thought that he had seen one of them before. But the tall man, who was really handsome, he couldn't recognize.

 

DaeSung was wearing a hat that covered all his hair, so SeungHyun didn't recognize him from the space between them, but he saw it clearly when they were closer. SeungRi and JiYong gave each other a hug and a kiss. DaeSung looked at the other guy, and suddenly looked into his eyes. He knew those eyes. They had been so sad, but was also so perfectly strong. DaeSung looked at him and without the rather long hair and beard, he looked really hot.

 

“SeungHyun.” DaeSung said surprised, as the first one of them to speak. SeungHyun smiled.

 

“Dae, I didn't know you'd be here.” SeungHyun answered honestly. DaeSung looked at the other two, who were both smirking, and finding this the funniest thing ever. But they didn't laugh too loudly.

 

“Me neither. You look really handsome...” DaeSung admitted, but his own words was a surprise. He didn't want him to hear that, but it was like a punch to the stomach and like he had lost all his breath.

 

“Thank you. You too.” SeungHyun answered and smiled wider than he had did in a long time. He felt this was so perfect. He could finally get to know him, and not the person in the office.

 

“Oh, thanks.” DaeSung answered and blushed a bit, which was very visible on his almost white cheeks from the cold. He looked at the other two again, who was now minding their own business and was standing and kissing like they were the only persons in the world.

 

“So it's that JiYong, SeungRi is with...” DaeSung said and looked back at SeungHyun.

 

“Clearly.” SeungHyun answered and smiled to him. DaeSung felt both uncomfortable and very well at the same time. Uncomfortable because he didn't know what to say to a patient, who was clearly interested in him, and also well because he felt that he liked him back. It was very weird. And even though he already had things on his mind, he knew he couldn't do anything because he was a patient.

 

“Let's go to the cafe.” JiYong said after he was done with kissing SeungRi. DaeSung just nodded, and followed the two lovebirds with SeungHyun next to him. SeungHyun kept stealing glances on DaeSung, while the latter looked everywhere else. They quickly reached the coffee shop and while SeungRi and JiYong placed their orders, DaeSung and SeungHyun had gotten the mission to find an empty table. Which took two seconds. Taking off their outdoor clothes, they sat down across each other and DaeSung finally looked at SeungHyun.

 

“Did JiYong pull you out of the apartment like there were someone who would die if you didn't get to that bridge?” DaeSung asked, chuckling a little.

 

“Yeah... You too?” SeungHyun asked with a smile.

 

“Yep. I must be honest, you look really good.” DaeSung said, all honest. SeungHyun smiled a little more, looking down into the table before he again made him look into those amazing eyes that DaeSung had.

 

“Thanks. I am just looking like I normally would.” SeungHyun answered and they both smiled. DaeSung carefully held a hand on top of SeungHyun's.

 

“I am sure you'll get better really soon, and then everything will be easier. It's hard, and a tough time to get through, but I will help you as much as you need.” DaeSung assured him. He meant it like a friend and not as the person who saw him once a week. SeungHyun smiled and nodded, looking at their hands. DaeSung softly patted the back of his hand, and removed his hand from his.

 

“Thank you Dae.” SeungHyun just answered. DaeSung took a paper napkin and wrote something down with a pen from his pocket.

 

“Here's my private number. Call me anytime.” DaeSung said with a wide smile and gave him the napkin. SeungHyun smiled back and took it. Looking at it as to remember the number forever, and put it in his pocket.

 

“You don't have to do this for me.” SeungHyun modestly said. DaeSung smiled.

 

“I want to. And also, I guess we can't be strangers when both of our best friends are together.” DaeSung answered, just as a good excuse for seeing him again.

 

“You're right.” SeungHyun said with a smile and just as he had said it, JiYong and SeungRi sat down beside them and gave them their coffee and a piece of cake. DaeSung raised an eyebrow, there were only three pieces of cake.

 

“And what about the last one?” He asked SeungRi and both JiYong and SeungRi laughed.

 

“We will feed each other cake.” SeungRi answered all honest. DaeSung almost face-palmed himself, but didn't because he was in a new company. SeungHyun just chuckled and took a sip of the really warm coffee. DaeSung looked at the chocolate cake in front of him and decided to taste it. After taking a spoon and scooped a bite off, and ate it, the cake was like a taste-explosion and it was really good.

 

“This almost beats TaeYang's cake.” DaeSung admitted with a surprised voice. SeungRi fed JiYong some of the cake and he moaned from the taste. JiYong fed SeungRi back, and another moan was heard.

 

“Who's TaeYang?” SeungHyun asked, looking interested on DaeSung.

 

“A good friend of mine.” He just answered, nothing more was necessary to know.

 

“Oh okay.” SeungHyun answered and took a piece of the cake and ate it. But no surprise or moan or anything. All three of them looked at him like he was crazy.

 

“What?” He asked and looked back at all three of them. JiYong looked down at the cake and up at him, pointing out why they looked at him.

 

“It's just cake for god sake.” SeungHyun answered, rolled his eyes and ate some more. To be honest, he couldn't taste it. He could taste that there was sugar in it, and the slight bitterness from the cocoa, that was all. And of course the consistence of the baked dough.

They all went back to eating cake and drinking their coffee. SeungRi and JiYong tried not to moan too loudly from the good cake, still both feeding each other.

 

They all talked a bit, trying to get to know each other. As the time passed, they had fun and laughed a lot. It was nice for all of them. SeungHyun felt really glad in this moment. Mostly because he kept getting eye-contact with DaeSung. They both smiled at each other every time it happened. SeungRi and JiYong high-fived with their feet under the table. After a while they found it better to break the meeting, and get home. They walked to the start of the bridge, and JiYong and SeungRi kissed their goodbye, well-knowing they would soon see each other again.

 

“It was nice seeing you.” DaeSung said as him and SeungHyun had to part.

 

“It was nice to see you too.” SeungHyun answered, DaeSung chose to hug him, and SeungHyun hugged him back.

 

“You can always call me if you want.” DaeSung said as they were hugging, SeungHyun nodded and they broke apart.

 

“I will.” He said. JiYong took SeungHyun's hand and pulled with him. DaeSung smiled to him, and moved his hand in a tiny wave before SeungHyun turned around to go with JiYong. DaeSung watched them go, and after a few seconds he followed SeungRi the other way. Just when DaeSung had turned around, SeungHyun turned to look after them. He sighed, but this time it was a happy sigh. He felt the napkin in his pocket and smiled brightly.

 

DaeSung hugged SeungRi when they were on their way, just because he felt so warm inside, from the nice talk he had with him. He couldn't help but smile all the time too. They got home and DaeSung parted with SeungRi in the elevator, taking the last 4 floors alone. When he got home he saw that TaeYang had called him, and a text said that he was on his way. Something sank inside DaeSung, like he had done something terrible.