The Dinner

Sick Souls

 

SeungHyun woke up in the double bed that he shared with DaeSung. He squinted his eyes as the darkness in the bedroom was surprisingly black. He couldn't see anything. Slowly he sat up and swung his legs out from the bed, holding his head shortly as he felt dizzy. Stupid side effects. It was the 3rd day of DaeSung's vacation, and the latter had been more than helpful. He had done everything he could to make SeungHyun comfortable and been the sweetest ever. SeungHyun had been worse, and then a little better, and then even worse than worse, and now he had just slept about 5 hours. That was the most he had slept in a while now. He noticed that DaeSung wasn't in the bed. But he figured he had woken up around the time that SeungHyun fell asleep. DaeSung had suggested that SeungHyun went to bed with him at night, because at some point he would fall asleep, even though SeungHyun didn't think he would. But DaeSung had been right. He fell asleep, after 4 days of constant being awake. But only piddling 5 hours. But it was sleep after all.

 

SeungHyun got up and went out of the bedroom in his loose night pants, and nothing on his upper body, scouting the apartment for DaeSung's presence, but was disappointed. The sun was shining brightly from the windows in here. He was pretty happy about the things DaeSung had made in the bedroom, so there wouldn't come daylight inside. After a few minutes looking outside, he went to the bathroom and took a shower, very reluctantly, and got dressed after wards. When he got outside of the bathroom again, he heard DaeSung in the kitchen.

 

“Yeah. Yeah, that too. Yes. Tonight? Okay, see you.” DaeSung said from the kitchen, and SeungHyun followed his voice. He appeared in the door frame to the kitchen and DaeSung smiled wide when he saw him. DaeSung hung up and looked at SeungHyun, impressed that he had been in the shower, and looked well, except for the lack of smile and the black spots around his eyes.

 

“JiYong and SeungRi are coming by tonight. Are you okay with that? JiYong is dying to see you.” DaeSung said softly, but smiled to him. A slow and tiny smile spread on SeungHyun's lips with the mentioning of JiYong.

 

“No it's alright. I have had some sleep, so I am okay with it.” He answered. DaeSung went to him, stopping his action to put groceries on the right place in the kitchen. SeungHyun pulled DaeSung into his arms and they shared a long kiss. After that they were both smiling equally wide.

 

“I am just glad you could sleep a bit. But, I have the cure for you now. We discussed the side effects, and I have talked with JinWoo and managed to get you something where the medicine is used for schizophrenia, but the side effect is that it makes you really sleepy. Yes it will probably make you sleepy around the day as well, but this is like for the night, so you can fall asleep, and get a nice sleep throughout the night.” DaeSung explained, and SeungHyun nodded.

 

“Great. Sounds good.” He answered and kissed him again shortly. DaeSung kissed him back, and took him to the table, where he got him to sit down.

 

“I will just put this where it belongs, and then I will make you something to eat.” DaeSung said, serving the other a cup of coffee before he started unpacking three large bags of different food and non-food products.

 

Their day went by quickly and DaeSung decided to cook some food, before SeungRi and JiYong would arrive. If DaeSung knew SeungRi well, they would either be an hour too early, or half an hour too late. The last part had especially happened much since JiYong came into his life, since he had to change his clothes 5 times before he was ready.

 

***

 

SeungRi had managed to be a bit better by the days that had gone by. He relaxed more, and JiYong's company had made everything way easier. They had visited DaeSung and SeungHyun three evenings ago, and SeungRi and SeungHyun had been difficult to make talk, so DaeSung and JiYong had talked most of the time, trying to make the other two smile, but it hadn't been easy. Now that both SeungRi and SeungHyun were a bit better, DaeSung really hoped it would be funnier.

 

“Are you still not ready?” SeungRi asked from the living room, shouting to the bedroom where JiYong was changing.

 

“Shut up!” JiYong grinned back, and got out to the living room, showing his outfit.

 

“That's fine, now let's go!” SeungRi quickly said, almost not even looking at the clothes. JiYong sighed.

 

“It needs to be right! I can't go and look like an idiot.” JiYong said offended. SeungRi got up and went to him.

 

“It is right, you can go, and you'll always be my idiot. So stop acting like something you are not.” He purred into the others ear, kissing him on the neck just below the ear, where he knew JiYong had a sensitive spot.

 

“And also, we are going up a few floors, you are not even going outside, and the only people who are going to see you, are your best friends. So cut it out and let's go before DaeSung calls me.” SeungRi added and smiled surprisingly sweet at JiYong, who sighed with a mischievously smile and nodded.

 

“We could also just you know, call and tell them we are going to be late, and then drop the clothes again?” JiYong teased and kissed the other lovingly on the neck, his hands on SeungRi's hips.

 

“You are awful. Let's go.” SeungRi said firmly with a smile, even though he liked that thought about just dumping the date and go to the bedroom. But he knew DaeSung would hang them both if they ditched it. JiYong sighed, and took his hands away, but placed a last kiss on the others neck. They left their apartment, to go upstairs and join the couple. SeungRi opened the door to DaeSung's apartment and stepped inside with JiYong following him. SeungHyun greeted them in the hallway, as he was told by DaeSung to do so.

 

“Hi Hyunnie!” JiYong said happily and gave him a long hug and a kiss. Yes, directly on the mouth. SeungHyun was a bit taken aback, but didn't think about it too much. He guessed the other was again. SeungRi hugged him too, and went further inside, after he got rid of his shoes. Normally who wouldn't have shoes on, but he guessed it was only normal to wear shoes.

 

“Dae-Kitty! How's my sweet boyfriends-bestfriends-boyfriend doing?” He asked and chuckled at his own silliness. DaeSung quickly hugged him and they kissed each other on the cheek.

 

“Ri-Baby!” He greeted and then looked at him with a raised eyebrow.


“Am I just your boyfriends friends boyfriend to you now?” He teased and SeungRi softly hit him with a slow hit.
 

“Aish, you take everything so seriously.” SeungRi teased and then looked at the pots and pans, and all the food that smelled amazing. DaeSung was about to answer, when JiYong and SeungHyun entered the kitchen too, and DaeSung had to go and greet JiYong. They talked a bit, while SeungRi studied the food up close. Tasting whatever he could manage in a hurry. DaeSung stood with his back to SeungRi and didn't notice what he was doing, but the grin on SeungHyun's face got bigger, so he turned around and saw the other in the pot with broth.

 

“Gosh you are so annoying. Off the food!” DaeSung pushed the other away and pointed to the table. The three of them sat down, while DaeSung made the food ready for serving.

 

“Was it good?” JiYong carefully asked in a whisper. SeungRi nodded quickly.

 

“It was awesome!” He grinned and wriggled his shoulders. JiYong smiled and kissed him, thinking he was cute. SeungHyun smiled because of the other two and smiled even more when DaeSung sat down beside him, giving him a kiss. They ate the food happily, talking and chatting with each other, for a very long time. The wine kept disappearing, and the food kept coming. Even though they couldn't eat anymore, DaeSung insisted on the dessert, which was quickly accepted, when the other saw how good it looked. So the joyful atmosphere continued, all laughing and smiling, and talking like they had to be separated for months or so.

 

When they were done in the kitchen, and DaeSung had cleaned the kitchen together with JiYong, who had volunteered, they all went to the living room and kept talking and making fun. Even SeungHyun was feeling like making fun, so he kept making jokes and made the others laugh. DaeSung was more than happy to see this. It was so nice. JiYong felt happy with seeing SeungRi able to be so free from worries. SeungRi had just put all his thoughts far away, and only focused on the fun they had, and whatever they talked about. He needed to unwind a bit, get some laughs into his heart. SeungHyun too had put his mind aside, and just wanted to be happy with the others.