Karaoke

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

Now this was an eventful night... for everyone.

You all gathered in the living room and chatted as Minho set up the karaoke machine.

"Which song are you going to sing?" Key asked, leaning in as if a secret was being told.

"I think we should just randomise all of our songs!" Taemin suggested. 

"Great plan!" Key giggled, squeezing Taemin's cheeks.

The others were obviously taken aback by Key's good mood, and so were you. You looked over Key's shoulder, and you saw bottles. Too many bottles.

"What're you looking at?" Key giggled again, shoving the bottles further away.

"Where did you get those from?! You really shouldn't be drinking that much!" Onew said the famous last words.

Within an hour, all of them, apart from you and Taemin, were exhibiting different traits. All you and Taemin could do was watch your friends as they continued to get heavily drunk. You often exchanged doubtful looks, and you even considered taking away all the alcohol. You decided against doing this after Taemin tried to take away Key's seventeenth bottle, and earned a big punch to the stomach.

Minho was sat in the corner of the room, stacking his bottles to make a pyramid, but he kept misjudging where to place them, leaving broken glass around him.

Onew and Jonghyun were still doing karaoke, in turns, determined to beat each others score every time. However, no matter how hard they tried, their scores got even worse because of their slurs.

Key would go between each member every few minutes, changing his attitude often. First he went up to Minho and started shouting at him for getting the floor messy, then over to Onew and Jonghyun to giggle at their singing, then over to Taemin and you crying while apologising for his behaviour. And then Key started his routine again.

You were about to stop Key from giving Minho another mouthful of abuse, when Jonghyun grabbed your hand, pulled you over to the karaoke machine, and handed you a microphone. You politely refused, but Jonghyun was not letting go of your hand and pretended as if he did not hear you.

Reluctantly, you sang with Jonghyun and Onew to their song 'Dream Girl'. Onew had grabbed your other hand during the song, and split from Jonghyun after the song had finished. You helplessly looked over at the only other remaining sober member, but he had been given a drink by Key during your performance, and now joined Minho in the corner. So much for not getting too drunk..

Onew kept spinning you around and dancing with you, while Jonghyun continued singing songs. After dancing with Onew for what felt like hours, you went to sit on the sofa, out of breath. Taemin was already on the sofa, and was in a deep sleep. You hoped that he hadn't drunk as much as Key. You moved Taemin over so you could sit sown and put Taemin's head on your lap.

As Key could no longer pester Taemin, he started to annoy Onew twice as much as earlier. Jonghyun was singing so loud, and so off-key, that you couldn't hear their conversation. All you saw was their dramatic, exaggerated hand gestures. You were trying to figure out what they were saying, when Key patted Onew on the back, and he started walking towards you.

Onew moved the sleeping Taemin to the other end of the sofa and sat next to you. You were both struggling to keep awake. You didn't remember much else of that karaoke night, but you were glad you didn't get drunk, unlike the others.

When you woke up, Onew had his arm around you, and your head was nestled by his shoulders. You didn't want to move as you were so comfortable, but you knew you had to eventually. You slowly got off the sofa, attempting not to wake anyone up. You were succeeding, but you tripped over something on the floor, letting out a short scream because you were so shocked. As you looked back to see what you had tripped over, you realised that it wasn't something, it was someone! It was Key, wrapped up in what looked like masking tape. Key let out a delayed groan, and rolled around trying to get up, forgetting that he was wrapped up.

You felt sympathetic towards Key, and you helped him get the masking tape off of him. You stood him up, but he was determined to go back down to the floor. "Come on Key! You need to go to bed and sleep off last night!" You whispered urgently, still concious of waking the others up, and of Key's throbbing hangover. All Key could muster were moans and groans of pain, disgust, and probably a bit of regret. You began to drag the stubborn, unwilling Key to his bedroom. He was persistent at being as difficult as possible, so he started to behave like a small child, wrapping his arms around your right leg. You really tried everything to get him off, but he just wasn't budging.

You surveyed the room, hoping that someone was awake and able to help you. Big ask after what happened yesterday. You saw Minho slumped against a wall next to his unfinished pyramid of empty bottles, Taemin half off the sofa, with his legs hanging over the edge. He had a bottle in one hand and a roll of masking tape in the other. You smiled at the thought of Taemin wrapping Key up with masking tape. Then you looked back at Onew, who was still asleep on the sofa. But where was Jonghyun? You couldn't see him anywhere. 

You had the intentions to go look for him, and you stepped forward forgetting that Key had tightened his grip even more. So, you fell to the floor again, knocking a bottle over. Onew stirred and saw you struggling to get Key off your leg while you were on the floor. Not noticing Onew, you had first thought that Key had suddenly gotten rid of his hangover by magic, and had gone to bed. But when you looked up, it was Onew who had picked Key up, placed him gently where he was once sat on the sofa, and offered you a hand up. You gratefully took Onew's hand and you stood up, looking at each other. Unlike Key, the only emotion Onew showed was regret. He shook his head and face-palmed mumbling, "I'm sorry," over and over again. You gave him a well needed hug, and you whispered, panicked, to him,"What are we going to do?!" It was the first time Onew had the chance to look at his surroundings and when he faced you again, he looked worried and nervous.