The Offer

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

You arrived at the very fancy venue with the other six. You stepped out of the car and was immediately bombarded by pushy people holding cameras tightly. As the door opened, the flashes began. You were so surprised that you fell back into the car, as Jonghyun leant over to slam the car door shut.

"What do think you're doing! Only a madman would go out with that lot ready to tear you apart!" Jonghyun whisper shouted to you.

"Well, how are we going to get into the building then?!" You said.

"Let's just wait until the guards have gotten rid of them, it won't take a minute," Onew confirmed.

Soon enough, there was a knock on the car window to signal that it was safe to enter. It made you jump, which in turn made Kim Sodam snigger. You hit her playfully for it.

"Go, go, go!" Onew commanded, laughing at his own joke.

You all filed into the stunning building, with the flashes from the cameras growing ever more distant with each step you took.

You all simultaneously sighed with relief as you had made it, avoiding too much trouble. You saw SHINee's manager approaching, and you greeted him politely. "Go ahead and take a seat at the table, we will be starting the celebration shortly," He informed you.

Nodding, you sat down at the large table, next to Kim Sodam, with Onew and Minho opposite you two. Taemin was on Minho's left, and Jonghyun was opposite him, on his sister's right.

Their manager sat down at the head of the table, and started talking to you, which was startling, since you had only seen him once or twice.

"So, (y/n), a little birdie told me that you could sing.. Is that true?" He asked.

You blushed, and were trying to think of something smart to say, as you wanted to impress him. "I..uh.. I don't know if I'm that good, but.. I just mean... I like to sing," You burbled, attempting to stay modest, but confident at the same time.

He just laughed at your response. "I just wanted to see what your response would be. I already know for a fact that YOU can sing. And when I say sing, I mean SING!"

You looked around at the others, trying to gain some insight on this odd situation. "Um, how do you know that I'm such a good singer, sir?"

"I saw the video that you all tried so hard to get rid of," He frowned, his face getting angrier.

"Th-that..uh...m-might have been my fault.. I'm so, so sorry sir," Jonghyun stammered, looking down at the surface of the table, his hand rubbing against his neck nervously.

"I know whose fault it is," He said bluntly. "You obviously didn't try hard enough to get rid of the evidence, since there are already countless articles about it. Even though there is no longer a video, people still saw it, and now we have to deal with it... But enough about that now, it don't want to cause a breakdown. By the looks of it, Taemin and Jonghyun are halfway there... The point of this conversation was to talk to (y/n). I'm interested in offering you a place at SMent,"

You sat there in shock, while everyone else was looking at you expectantly. They all wanted you to say yes, but could you handle the pressure? You weren't sure, so you tried to keep the silence for as long as possible.

Luckily, your knights in shining armour came to your rescue, by simply walking through the door. It was EXO, and you had a mental blank when you saw them!

As SHINee's manager got up to greet them, he murmured to you, "I want an answer by the end of tomorrow,".