Stay

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

Despite all the drama that went on that night, you couldn't help but push the thoughts about boys aside, and think properly about the offer that their manager gave you. A manager that worked for SMent, one of the biggest names in the Korean music industry. Could you really just give up your life in America? You did not know.

While the others had put on a movie, you weren't concentrating on it, and missed all the exciting moments. You just sat cross-legged on the sofa, the nail of your thumb in your mouth, slightly frowning, and staring at the corner of the room.

You continued sitting and pondering on your life, and the two completely different paths you could take. You could decline, go back to America and your average life, or stay in South Korea with these lovelies, and risk becoming successful or not by being an singer.

The obvious choice was to stay where you were happiest, in South Korea, but the safety of your life in America troubled you. It was all good to assume that you wouldn't become a complete failure, but you never know what could happen after that. If that happened, then maybe SHINee wouldn't want to be friends with you. And maybe Onew wouldn't want to be with a failure... Don't be stupid!

You kept arguing back and forth in your head, weighing the pros and cons in each option. It was so clear that South Korea was the right choice, but you just needed to know that it was the right decision. Of course the guys noticed you battling with yourself - after the movie had finished...

Minho was the first to notice, and he slowly waved at you, but you were unwavering, persistent to figure this one out on your own. Minho quickly gave up, but gave Onew a hint to go ask you what was wrong.

And that's exactly what Onew did. He jumped over from behind the sofa to sit next to you. He began to fall forward off the sofa, so you had to help him balance back. Onew was pleased that at least this made you smile. He knew that all was not lost. "So, what's bothering you? You've been quiet all evening!"

"It's ....nothing," You sighed.

"Now that is the opposite of nothing!" He leaned in and turned his volume down. "You know you can tell me, I can help,".

"I just can't stop thinking about what your manager was going on about," You said, also turning down the volume of your voice.

"You made the right decision going for it," Onew said.

"What do you mean? I haven't given him an answer yet," You replied.

"WHAT!?!? ACCEPT THE OFFER!!!!!" Onew forgot about his inside voice, and started shouting.

A drunken Key shouted straight back at Onew for no particular reason, Jonghyun shushed him as he was trying to call his sister, and Taemin froze in shock.

"I mean, I really think you should take the chance, because... I think that you'll be able to do it!" He smiled sweetly.

Okay, you had made up your mind. But for fun, why not drag this out a bit ;)

"Why? I don't think I should... I was going to go back to America and stay there," You played your part convincingly.

Onew gave you a surprised, and pleading look. You thought he would get angry with you, but you received quite a different response altogether.

"But... please! Please, stay (y/n).. I thought that when you accepted, we could be together, and work together, and we would all be able to have fun, like everyday would be the same as when we went to the theme park. And there's so much of Seoul you haven't seen, and, and... and I'd miss you so much. Please," Onew begged.

It made you want to cry. You felt so guilty for tricking him and you apologised immediately, giving him a big hug. "I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! I'll do it, I'll sign the contract with SMent!"

He had a grin on his face and held you even tighter for he was delighted with your decision. You couldn't wait to tell your new manager tomorrow.

After you broke out of the hug, it was time for another group hug. Everyone was super happy for you, and it turned into a pleasant evening of chatting, playing games, having a laugh, and predicting the future. Needless to say, Key was eager to predict your marriage with Onew - multiple times.

That night, you slept the best you had for years.