Here I Come South Korea!

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

AHHHHH!!!!

You're finally on your way to Korea to meet your partner! Your teacher wanted to wait until we arrived before he told us who you were staying with for the week. Despite not contacting your exchange partner, you've taken the responsibility and... booked two tickets for a concert with Super Junior! You didn't care if your partner didn't want to go, you would either drag them along, or go by yourself!

You stepped of the plane with a smile. You could hear the nervous chattering of your classmates behind you, but you didn't want to join them. You weren't usually selfish, but you really wanted this moment for yourself. After getting through the tight security, you saw a group of Korean school kids in a huddle, and you thought that they must be the people you're here to see. 

As soon as they saw you and your class, they started waving. Excited, you waved back, smiling even wider. The two teachers had a quick conversation, and they handed out sheets of paper with peoples names on them. They decided that the two groups had to discover who their partners where by asking for each others names. Such a teacher technique, you thought.

Looking down at your piece of paper, the name next to yours said Taemin. Your eyes lit up, thinking of the member in SHINee. Must be a popular name. You weaved in and out asking each person for their names, but your partner, the mysterious Taemin, could not be found. You almost went to your teacher to help you find Taemin, maybe you were pronouncing his name wrong, so no-one understood you. But out of the corner of your eye, you saw a Korean boy your age, leaning against a brick wall. You weren't even sure whether his was in the Korean-American exchange, or even if he was with this group. But you went to talk to him anyway.

"Annyeonghaseyo," you said politely, trying not to startle him, as he was looking at his phone. 

He looked up, and you recognised him. It took all your might not to scream in his face and cry tears of joy.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" He replied cheerfully, smiling.

"Are you part of the Korean-American exchange trip?" You said, trying to keep your cool. (But really, who can keep their cool when face to face with Taemin?! So you just tried your best...)

"Yeah, are you?" He asks, putting away his phone.

"Yes," You say quietly. You look at each other and the silence lasts for a while. 

You cough nervously and ask,"Do you happen to be Taemin?" 

"Yes. Why? Are you my partner?" He  questions, his head going to one side.

"Yep!" You smile brightly. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin was slightly taken aback that this girl he just met, didn't completely swarm him. He felt more relieved and relaxed, so he took his phone back out again to text his manager that he was fine. Taemin was constantly getting distracted by you while you were texting, so he kept spelling things wrong. He promised himself that he would apologise to his manager later on. On the other hand, it was so obvious that Taemin was looking at you - A LOT. You started to blush. Taemin caught a sight of this and began to giggle.

"What's so funny?" You inquire playfully.

"Oh, nothing...," He smirks.

"That is not nothing!" 

"It's just that you're... blushing!" 

"So?" 

"It's cute,"

Dammit Taemin, you thought to yourself. Taemin the cutest cute person, ever, was telling you that YOU were CUTE!!! Again, you had to hold in your scream. Instead of screaming, you made up for it with blushing. The next time Taemin looked up at you, he smiled, and didn't stop until he had finished his text.

"My friend is going to pick us up and take us home in a few minutes," Although Taemin's manager was going to pick them up, he wanted to say friend, just in case you freaked out. (Which you would have, let's be honest ;D)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A car with out windows pulled up next to you both. 

"He's here! Hop in!" Taemin called, beckoning you to the car.

Shocked that you were getting in this car with out windows , you couldn't help but smile and blush even more. Taemin noticed, giggled, and held the car door open for you, like any gentleman would have. 

Thanking him, you stepped into the comfortable car, Taemin getting in on the other side. You both greeted the driver (Taemin's 'friend'/ actual manager), and he started driving.

"So, (y/n)," Taemin started.

"Yes?" 

"Sorry about the fancy car... It's just that... Do you know what my career is?" Taemin asked curiously.

You hesitated, wondering whether you should tell the truth. (You did!)

"Um.. yes. You're from a group called SHINee, right?" You knew fully well that you were right.

"Yeah! Have you listened to any of our songs?" 

(ALL OF THEM!! Okay, calm down, calm down XD, play it cool) 

"Yeah, I've listened to a few," You said, much calmer than in your head.   

"Cool! I can't wait until you meet the others!" (Me neither Taemin...)

Taemin's smile just wouldn't go away. How distracting, but cute! After a BIG coincidence, you were getting to meet one of your favourite groups of all time! (Nothing to brag about XD amirite?) You were wondering whether they were the same as they seemed on TV shows...