Hello Baby Reunion

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

"KEY! Stop distracting my dancer!" Hara screamed. Key, who was looking through the window on the door, had slowly ducked down, so Hara couldn't see him any more.

He had been pulling funny faces at you for at least the past ten minutes, and you were finding it really difficult to breathe. Your cheeks began to ache from smiling and laughing so much. That hadn't happened for a while.

"FINE! Key wins! Go and have fun. But you need to learn this dance off by heart by tomorrow morning as punishment," Hara grumbled, pointing at the door. You looked over, and you could only see Key's eyes peeking through the window, which made you giggle even more. Hara stomped her foot to catch your attention, and pointed at the door once again. You murmured an apology, grabbed your stuff, and followed her instructions. She could be quite intimidating sometimes.

You opened the door a little bit, so you wouldn't knock Key over, but you still made him jump.

"You've been in there for ages!!! Jonghyun was right about you never answering your phone by yourself! Everyone's been trying to contact you!" Key rolled his eyes at you, dragging you through the building.

"Why? Where are we going?" You asked.

"Manager hyung wants us to film a special reunion episode of Hello Baby, and Jonghyun thought you might want to come and meet Yoogeun, so I came to get you, but you were...occupied,"

"Yeah, I would love to meet Yoogeun! I'll just change quickly," You said, heading over to the changing rooms, but Key grasped onto your wrist.

"There's no time!!" He said, pulling you along after him, out to the car.

You sighed and looked down at yourself. You were just in black and white sweatpants and a black t-shirt. Then you remembered that you had hardly any make-up on and that your hair was tied up in a high bun, with parts falling out all over the place. And you had just been dancing... It was okay for Hara to see you like this, but.. no! You shouldn't feel embarrassed for them to see you like this. This should be normal.

You reluctantly got in the car, and fell asleep quite soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin shook you awake and leapt out of the car, following his friends ahead of him. You lazily slid out of the car, stretching your arms out in front of you while yawning.

"Appa!"

You could hear someone calling from inside the house. That must be Yoogeun. It was freezing cold outside and you were jumping up and down to keep warm. You knew you should have changed clothes...

Taemin was about to give you his gloves, but the door opened, and thankfully, it was cosy and warm inside.

You introduced yourself to Yoogeun's parents, who were very kind to you.They said that you could borrow a jacket or a coat if you were too cold, or if you went out anywhere. They were going out for the day while you took care of Yoogeun.

After you had finished your conversation, you turned around, and everyone had gone off and left you in the hallway. You took off your shoes and to find the others by following chattering and excited voices. They obviously couldn't wait to see Yoogeun again.

You kept peeking around doors, trying not to seem too nosy. Then, you heard a clashing noise and a yelp coming from the next room along. You hurried in to see if everything was okay, but it was just Key dropping a plastic cup.

"Lucky that wasn't glass," You joked, picking up the cup for him.

"Yeah! I was just getting some water for Yoogeun. He specifically wanted his power ranger cup," Key told you, showing you the design on the outside of the cup.

You waited for Key to fill up the cup, so you could follow him into the living room.

As you went in, you couldn't help but smile. They were all talking and playing with Yoogeun. Well, apart from Onew, who was smiling, like you, at the sight in front of him. Yoogeun wasn't much of a baby any more, he looked almost ten now. You wished you had brought Jason along to keep him company.

Key pushed Jonghyun, who was currently sitting nearest to Yoogeun out of the way, and sat down in his place. He gave Jonghyun a smirk, as he handed Yoogeun the water.

Yoogeun, however, decided to meet you, which caused Jonghyun to give Key a smirk.

"Annyeonghaseyo, noona! I'm Yoogeun!" He said, bowing at you sightly. His manners were very good. Now, your smile was stuck on your face, especially after he called you noona. You had never been called that before, since you had never met anyone younger than you in South Korea before, and your brother would never have the courtesy to do so.

"Annyeong!" I'm (y/n)! How are you? Did you miss your appas?" You asked, glancing up at the other grinning faces around the room.

"Yep! I sure did," He replied cutely, going to sit next to Taemin.

You sat next to Onew to attempt to get him to become closer with Yoogeun.

"Hey," He sighed, barely looking at you.

"Isn't it weird seeing Yoogeun after so long?" You said. All he did was nod.

"Why don't you go over and talk to him some more, like the others?"

"I don't know.. I guess I'm just a bit tired," He replied dully.

"Go on! It'll be nice to get to know him better," You encouraged, giving Onew a nudge.

"I hardly got to know him last time,"

"Then change that! Stop making excuses!" You laughed, confused and surprised by his lack of enthusiasm.

"Why don't you go talk to Minho for a while? He seems to be fulfilling the talk to Yoogeun quota," He said plainly.

"What? Why would I do that oppa?" You asked.

"Don't call me that anymore.." He mumbled, staring at you.

"Okay. What is going on with you today?" You questioned, seriously concerned, staring back at him.

"I know you've cheated on me,"

"WHAT??? NO I HAVEN'T!" You denied immediately, frowning at him.

"How can I believe you?" He asked.

You looked back at him in shock and anger. You noticed Minho take Yoogeun out of the room, and the others shuffled awkwardly from one foot to another, looking at each other.

"You should trust me," You said, your voice wobbly, but not out of sadness. You were completely appalled by his random accusation. There was no reason for it.

"And what if I don't trust you?" He murmured, looking down.

"Then.. why are we still talking?" You replied.

Your rage turned more into nerves as the conversation continued. You had endured enough. You gave Onew one last look, and walked out of the room. You could hear Key, Taemin, and Jonghyun shouting at Onew.

Once again, you found yourself searching for a room in the giant house. You settled for a little room with a beanbag, bookcase, and a radiator. You moved the beanbag up against the radiator, grabbed a random book off the shelf, and started reading it. You pushed the door shut with your foot. You rubbed your eyes, and found them wet with tears, but you were angry with yourself for crying, so you simply stopped.

Although you intended to read the book, you ended up skim reading it, shakily flicking through the pages impatiently. The peace of your isolation didn't last long, as the door swung wide open.

"Oh, uh, sorry (y/n), Yoogeun wanted to show us his favourite book," Minho said, casting a glance at the bookcase opposite you.

You nodded, allowing them in. Yoogeun ran over to give you a hug, which you had no choice but to accept.

"What's wrong noona?" He asked sweetly, putting a smile on your face for a second.

"Nothing at all! Where's your favourite book?" You lied through your teeth, quickly and skilfully changing the subject.

"It's in your hands," He said.

"Oh, sorry! Here you go," You closed the book and handed it over to him.

"Thanks noona! Oh, and Jonghyun appa is looking for you!" He said.

"Okay! Come on Yoogeun," Minho said, opening the door for Yoogeun, who happily skipped out, clutching his book in his hand.

Minho offered you a hand up off the beanbag, which you hesitantly accepted. His hand was softer and colder than you thought it would be.

"He'll regret it," Minho predicted, smiling at you.

You nodded again, walking down the hallway with them. You saw Jonghyun on the way to the living room, and he stopped you. You both sat down on the floor, leaning against a wall.

"It's a shame that Onew doesn't realise how awesome you are..." He sighed, grinning.

You chuckled slightly, still a little bitter from your argument with Onew.

"I know! Let's go somewhere!" Jonghyun suggested.

"Where?" You asked.

"Anywhere!" He answered.

You rolled your eyes at him.

"You should stay here with Yoogeun!" You reasoned.

"Stop making excuses!" He replied, jumping up.

You looked up at him, and then back down. You didn't want to take Jonghyun away from Yoogeun. While you were lost in thought, Jonghyun picked you up, making you squeal in shock. You hit his shoulders with your fists, but he had a tight grip on you. Your efforts were futile.

"Bye!" He yelled into the living room, leaving everyone in there speechless. You caught a glimpse of Key rolling his eyes at Jonghyun, who stuck his tongue out in return.

When he got you outside, you remembered how cold it was, and it wasn't nice or refreshing. He put you down, apologising, and giving you his coat.

"Now you're going to be cold! Plus, Yoogeun's parents said I could borrow one of their coats," You shivered, holding the coat out to Jonghyun.

"Nope! If you back into that house, I'll never get you out again. Anyway, I have a jumper and you only have a t-shirt," He said.

You even tried throwing the coat over him, but he dodged every time. You eventually gave up and put it on. You could hear Jonghyun sigh in relief.

"How did you get so stubborn?"

"My brother taught me, and so did you!" You laughed together.

You put your hands in the pockets of the coat to keep them warm, as Jonghyun linked his arm with yours pulling you closer.

"What?! I need the warmth!" He said, giving you a convincing smile.

You just shook your head at him. You wished you were back home, in your bed, left alone to contemplate life..