Showtime!

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

You grew evermore anxious as you watched your audience pile in. They had to open the doors earlier than they intended to, because the queue was getting too long to manage. You often peeked out to see the crowd. The amount of people seemed to double each time you checked. Every person was loaded with glow sticks, banners of support, and cameras. You sighed nervously before you went to get your microphone set up for later.

Backstage, all of the groups were gathered together and, no doubt, having a motivating and inspiring speech or pep talk by their leaders. And then..there was you, who wasn't in a group, stood alone, popping mints into your mouth every other second, while whispering the lyrics to your songs under your breath. Key had given you three packs of mints and two big boxes of tic tacs to keep you going for the entire evening, so you weren't worried about running out.

You glanced around, unsure of how else to take your mind off of performing, and you caught Taemin's eye. He waved you over, a big grin on his face. You hesitantly joined their huddle, in between Taemin and Jonghyun.

"What's said in this circle, doesn't leave this circle," Onew joked.

"Hyung, stop messing around! Give us some words of wisdom," Key advised.

"Fine.. Uhhh.. Let's do well!"

Key face-palmed.

"Who made you the leader again?" Jonghyun asked.

"Okaayy..good luck everyone. Don't panic on stage, and just know that we are here for a reason. Remember your passion for singing, and how badly you want to be in the music industry. It'll make you more confident, I promise," Onew continued sincerely.

"Pinky promise?" You asked.

"Yep," He smiled.

"SHINee and (y/n) hwaiting!!" You all yelled, putting your hands in the middle and raising them on the count of three.

When you broke out of the huddle, everyone resumed what they were doing beforehand. You shuffled back and forth across the room, practising your high notes. Soon, Lee Soo-man was gathering the acts up.

"Time for rehearsing is over. It's showtime people," He announced, gesturing for Big Bang to go kick off the concert.

They looked at each other before heading out.

"Good luck!" You smiled at them, giving two thumbs up.

"We don't need luck! We create luck!" T.O.P shouted, making you laugh. He was definitely the least nervous out of everyone.

"Thanks, we'll be fine," Jiyong sighed, smiling, as he went onto the stage confidently along with his band members. They knew how to work the crowd, and the crowd loved them.

The atmosphere was overwhelming, tense, yet exciting in a roundabout way. The audience was exhilarated from the Big Bang performance you were expected to follow. You were becoming less and less happy about the order you were singing in. Minho gave you an encouraging smile as you waited for the applause for Big Bang to die down before walking onto the stage yourself.

You took one last deep breath, swallowed your mint, and fixed the angle of your purple snapback that you wore in your first music video, and stepped forward. You got high fives from Big Bang as you passed them. Jiyong turned your hat backwards, almost making it fall off. You smacked him on the arm as he chuckled. You fixed it again, huffing, and held your microphone to your mouth.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" You said, grinning at the sight of all these people.

The number of screams that came from the fans surprised you. You smiled even wider when you saw two people holding a banner with your name on it. You followed Onew's advice, and you realised that you cared more about music than you ever had before coming to South Korea. What had you gotten yourself into? You sang your heart out. You even went up to the people at the front of the stage, and one sang the lyrics along with you, which made you beam with happiness.

As you waved goodbye to the audience before walking off stage. SHINee were getting ready to perform, and they looked so calm and relaxed. You were very jealous of that. Maybe you would be the same after so many concerts. Jonghyun grabbed your cap and put it on his head, and winked at you.

"Sorry, I must have left my snapback in the dressing room by accident," He shrugged cheekily, quickly walking onto the stage.

You almost ran on stage after him to get it back, but you thought better of it. In the meantime, you went to the SM dressing room to see whether he was telling the truth. Annoyingly, there his red snapback was, on one of the chairs. It was the one you two bought together. You had worn your green on the way to the venue today, so it was in your backpack. You pulled it out, and decided to wear that instead. He could keep the purple one for as long as your stylist would allow it; you didn't mind.

The wait for your next performance was killing you. You were passively congratulating people when they came off stage, and wishing them good luck as they went on. You kept going over your lyrics again and again, trying to engrave them into your mind. Youngjae joined you after his last performance, and smiled comfortingly at you. He had nothing to worry about, he had finished all of his songs with GOT7. You were concerned that your song would leave a sour taste to end the concert. It was very brave of Lee Soo-man to put a recent member of SM last... You felt sick thinking about it.

You were encased in your little world, when Youngjae shook your shoulder.

"Come on," He whispered, dragging you on stage slightly.

You snapped out of your daze and sung once more for the audience. You felt like you were going to choke on the lyrics, and you desperately wanted to hold it together. You were nearing the end of the song when you felt a uneasily familiar sensation. You tried to ignore it the best you could, but at one point you went over to Youngjae, who was sat down playing the guitar, and leaned on the chair a little. Once you had sung your last note, you made a hasty exit, politely waving and smiling a final goodbye with Youngjae, who kept glancing at you to make sure you were okay.

Your dropped your smile when you got backstage, and rushed to the bathroom. You pulled your hair and fringe back, and was sick in the sink. You hated throwing up, it made you cry. Someone knocked on the door, and you didn't even answer them. Whoever it was hugged you tight, and started shushing you soothingly. Once you were done crying for a stupid reason, you started to hiccup.

"I knew I should have made you come to our dance rehearsal yesterday," He sighed.

"I'm *hic* sorry Jonghyun oppa," You mumbled.

"It's okay," He said, reassuring both you and himself.

After a few minutes of staying like that, you went out with him, and got some water. It was lovely and icy. You thought you would get bombarded with questions, but you didn't feel overwhelmed by them. They behaved kindly towards you, Tzuyu even gave you some of her 'emergency' chocolate. Although Hara had told you that you needed to lose weight, you ate it anyway, making sure Hara didn't notice.

Lee Soo-man congratulated everyone on their efforts, and dismissed you all. Despite the fact that it was early morning, he still wanted all of the SM acts to follow their schedules for tomorrow, no exceptions. You could already tell that tomorrow was not going to be a fun day.