First Single Released

A Coincidence (SHINee FanFic)

Your first music video went up on YouTube and your song was put on iTunes the next weekend. Everyone was congratulating you in the SMent building, which made you feel like this was where you were meant to be, and that music was what you were meant to be doing. And you loved it. Even your manager seemed satisfied, although all he had done was nod at you when you passed each other in the hallway.

You went to the recording studio, as Minho had wanted to try out a rap and a song with you, and wanted your opinion on it. On your way up the stairs, you heard people shouting. Curious, you followed the voices to find Onew, Minho, and Key all yelling at each other. They were too involved in their 'discussion' to see you.

"What are you pushing me for?! I haven't done anything!"

"Don't pretend like you haven't! Stop trying so hard to ruin everything! Why can't you just leave me and (y/n) alone?!"

Hearing your name shouted made you nervous.

"Hey, come on.. I'm sure Minho didn't mean to do anything, there must be a misunderstanding," Key reasoned, standing between them, talking to Onew, whilst Minho smirked behind them, provoking Onew further.

"Can't you see that he's doing all this on purpose?! You can see it in the music video, you can see it in the behind the scenes video, and you can see it now! There are no excuses, or misunderstandings. You should have told me if you had an issue, but no, you were too slow to do anything whatsoever, so please, stop, " Onew requested, calming down a little, his eyes turning softer with sympathy, and pleading.

"Uhh, what behind the scenes video?" You finally asked.

All three looked guilty and ashamed for not even noticing you yet, and for arguing in front of you.

Rather than answering your question, Key simply took out his phone and handed it to you, the video already on the screen. You pressed play and watched it in silence, Minho and Onew fidgeting and looking anxious.

You had no idea that they had been filming for a behind the scenes video that day. You hoped you hadn't glazed over it in one of Hara's excited rants. Oh... and it was so embarrassing.. You were sure that they would take it down, it seemed very unprofessional, and people could take it way out of context. But it did have just as many views as the actual music video, if not more. You had to admit, it did look like you and Minho were a couple, in both videos. No wonder Onew was annoyed.

Once the video had finished, you handed Key his phone back, hands shaking. You sighed, and thought of the right thing to say.

"I know it looks bad, but you really, really, don't need to worry!" You explained, giving Onew your best forgive us smile.

"Well, you can't blame me for getting jealous, because, ah..never mind. It's just.. the videos, they're very convincing,"

"I'm sorry hyung, I should probably go," Minho said glumly. Knowing that Onew and Minho were going to keep apologising to each other over and over again, Key cut them off before they could even begin.

"Let's forget about it for now and sort it out at home, we're still at work here. And, (y/n), come find me at lunch, Taemin and I want to talk to you about a few things. And, no Onew, we're not going to 'steal her away from you' or anything, so relax!" Key laughed, and even earned a little grin from Onew.

As people had begun to gather around, Key and Minho decided it was time to leave. As you were passing Onew, you realised that he still looked down in the dumps. You thought you would attempt to cheer him up, and slightly at the same time.

"Saranghae, Onew...oppa!" You smiled, laughing to yourself, doing your best aegyo.

You thought he hadn't heard you, but at the last second, he whirled you around and kissed you. He winked around as he walked away backwards, almost tripping on the stairs.

You continued up to your original destination, expecting to see Minho in the recording studio, but he wasn't there. There was a note on top of the mixing console, which read 'I'm sorry' and a scrunched up piece of paper in the corner of the room, next to the bin. You unwrapped it carefully, making sure you didn't tear it. On one side there was illegible writing which was crossed out with a black permanent marker, and on the other side there were lyrics. You assumed it was Minho's, so you kept it to give back to him later, as the lyrics weren't half bad.