Thirty-One

Unspoken Thoughts

November 9 2008, 18:37, Sunday 

 

Ah, my throat hurts... 

I slumped down into a chair, taking the cap off the water bottle. Vocal practices were currently going on, and we decided to take a fifteen minute break. 

"Hyung, are you alright?" 

Turning to face him, I replied. "I'm fine, Changminnie. Just my throat aches a bit.." I muttered the last past, hoping he wouldn't hear. Of course, he's my best friend. There's no way he didn't hear it. 

"Don't overwork yourself, Jae hyung." Changmin looked at me with worried eyes. I wanted to reply back, saying he should follow his own advice as well, when I was interrupted by another voice. 

"Did you tell the managers?" Yunho asked, grabbing a water bottle himself.

Pausing, I looked back at the leader. 

To to tell, or not to tell? That is the question.

I mentally punched myself for quoting Shakespeare at the moment. 

"No, I didn't tell them yet." I answered in what I hoped to be was a confident voice. Mental pat on my back for my voice not shaking. 

"You should tell them then. It won't be good if you get sick, Jae. Your health comes first." 

If only Yunho knew the irony behind his words. 

I opened my mouth to reply with an "I know" when I got cut off again by the door opening.

Really, what is it with me and getting interrupted? 

Yoochun came in, voice nearly out of breath. He was panting, almost as if he'd run a race. My eyes widened. 

Did he seriously run all the way here? 

Everyone's gaze was on him as he tried to catch his breath. After a few seconds of waiting, Yunho stood up and asked, "Why're you late, Yoochun? Practice started about half an hour ago." He waited for the boy to answer. 

Glancing around the room, Yoochun replied. "I wasn't aware we even had vocal practice," He said wryly. " I came here as fast as I could when I was informed about it."

Right. The schedule changed. 

I'd forgotten about it. Even I didn't realize about it, luckily Changmin was there to inform me. If not for my best friend, I would most likely be in the same state as Yoochun. 

Thinking about it, Junsu arrived a little later as well. Yunho was the only one in the studio before the arranged time. With four members present, we had to start the practice without Yoochun in order not to waste any time. 

There was a minute of silence, before one of the managers spoke up. "Alright, all of you are here now. Break's over. Yoochun, warm up and get ready." 

A "Yes, manager-nim" was chorused and we started to do our vocal lesson again. 

In the middle of the practice, I felt someone's eyes on me. Gazing around, I saw Yunho staring at me with an unreadable expression. I was confused at first, and then my ears started heating up because he didn't stop staring for the entire verse. 

Is there something on my face? Water? Seriously he needs to stop staring with those y eyes of his or I won't be able to take it any longer. 

Snapping out of it, I realized it was my turn to sing. Closing my eyes, I tried to sing the lyrics correctly without messing up, and willing the blush on my cheeks to go away.

 

***

 

Practice ended without any more distractions (hopefully), and we prepared to go back to the dorm. There were no more interviews or shows we had to attend, and I was extremely thankful because I didn't think I could handle being in the same room as Yunho for another minute.  

Well sure, at the dorms we'd have to be in the same place, but I overheard the manager wanting to talk to Yunho after practice so there was that. 

Grabbing my bag, I followed Junsu and the others out, not daring to make any sort of eye contact with the leader.