V- kpop_addict4ever

Falling Maple Leaves Request Shop ((Winner, ASTRO, B.A.P., Block B, NCT, and K.A.R.D. added!))

BTS' V

When V is sick, but plays soccer anyways


Shin Minah was excited to say the least. She sat with her friends in her morning class, nearly bouncing in her seat out of excitement. Minah could barely pay attention to what the announcements were saying. And she wasn’t the only one who was antsy; it was the whole class and maybe even the entire school.

Today was the males’ soccer tournament. Usually it wasn’t such a big deal, but her school’s team had managed to make it to the national high school soccer finals. Their school had never been able to make it so high before and everybody was excited. The finals were hosted at their school because they had an enormous soccer field. Not only that, but everybody would get the day off in order to watch the tournament. Of course most people would just skip the tournament and have fun goofing off around town, but Minah and her friends planned to watch the soccer matches.

Once the announcements were finally over, the homeroom teacher quickly took attendance. It was obvious that he was excited for the tournament as well. After attendance was taken, the students were let loose upon the school. Minah and her friends excitedly left the room and entered the already packed hallways. Everybody was excitedly chattering, mostly about the game, as they jostled towards the soccer fields.

“We have to use the washroom Minah,” her friend Jirae said. “Can you go save us seats on the bleachers?” Minah nodded happily as Jirae and Seohae turned to head towards the washrooms. Thanks to Minah’s small stature, she was able to squeeze between the people and elbow them out of the way enough to make it outside. Once Minah had made it past the large blue doors leading out into the soccer field, she broke out into a sprint.

Minah was diving and ducking in between people, hoping to get to the bleachers quickly in order to secure good seats. She was pretty sure that Jirae would kill her if Minah didn’t get them seats in the first row of bleachers. Jirae’s boyfriend Yoongi was on the soccer team and Jirae wanted to make sure that Yoongi could hear her cheering. Thinking of her best friend’s relationship, Minah smiled. They were so cute together.

Caught up in her thoughts, Minah didn’t notice somebody running high speed towards her. Suddenly, she crashed into something hard and nearly fell onto her bum. Luckily for Minah, she was able to stabilize herself due to the hands holding her steady. The hands seemed to scorch her skin.

“Slow down there Speed Racer.” the person said. Minah looked up and immediately blushed. The boy’s forehead was glistening with sweat from running, but he gave her a wide smile. Minah gave him a sheepish smile and stepped away a little bit. The boy’s hands fell from her arms and Minah missed the warmth already.

“Oh, hey Taehyung. Sorry for running into you, but you know how Jirae is. She’ll slaughter me if she can’t watch Yoongi run down the field and I do not have a death wish.” Taehyung laughed, knowing that Minah was right. She blushed more at his laugh and bit her lip, looking away from him.

To be honest, Minah had a pretty big crush on Taehyung. He was friends with Yoongi and after Jirae and Yoongi got together, they ran in the same social group. They never really hung out a lot together on their own, but sometimes they would end up being stuck together on group dates. Jirae insisted on pairing Minah and Taehyung together whenever possible. She insisted that they were written in the stars. Minah always rolled her eyes at Jirae’s weird words.

“Well, I have to get to the change room. Pre-game team rituals, you know the deal. Cheer for me Minah!” Taehyung said cheerfully as he rubbed her hair. Minah raised her arm and formed a fist.

“Fighting!” Taehyung laughed at her and ran back towards the school. Minah smiled at his back before turning and running towards the bleachers. Minah would not die today.


Minah stood up from the bleachers, along with her friends and the rest of the school, as Taehyung scored a goal. He grinned over at the bleachers. Taehyung brought two of his finger to his lips and then held them up in a V towards the crowd. Minah could hear the voices of the female students escalate a couple of octaves as he did this. Minah rolled her eyes at the amount of fangirls he had. Taehyung turned back around and walked over to his team’s side of the field. Minah eyebrows furrowed when she saw he was limping. She looked at Jirae to ask if she noticed, but Jirae was too busy looking at Yoongi to notice. And Seohae, well she was looking at the guy selling hotdogs.

As the game continued, Minah kept a close eye on Taehyung. She noticed that he was even more tired and haggard than he should be. Minah went to Taehyung’s practices with Jirae and she knew what he should be like. He was a very cheerful person and the amount of energy he had was usually infinite. Finally, the final whistle was blown and their school had one, but just barely. The soccer team made their way to the school and the change rooms. Jirae, Seohae and Minah followed to talk to their friends.

The three girls waited outside the change room for their friends to come out, hopefully less sweaty than before. Jirae wanted to just go in to see Yoongi, but Seohae and Minah had to restrain their crazy best friend. After what felt like an eternity, their friends came out. Yoongi immediately swooped down and placed a kiss on Jirae’s lips and Seohae started joking around with Jimin and Hoseok. Minah looked around, but didn’t see Taehyung.

“Hey, where’s V?” Minah asked Namjoon, using Taehyung’s nickname. V for Victory.

“Oh, he’s still in there. V’s the only one left, so I don’t think coach would mind if you went in.”

“Do you want us to wait with you?” Jirae asked and Minah shook her head.

“No go ahead. Get something to eat for yourselves, you worked hard out there.” Her friends all nodded as Minah remained waiting outside the change room for Taehyung. After fifteen minutes, Taehyung still hadn’t come out. Minah sighed, pushed herself off of the wall and prepared to enter the lion’s den.

It went without saying that Minah had never been in the boy’s change room before. It was all cement and smelled of dirty socks and body spray. Minah spotted Taehyung sitting on a bench across the room. His head was buried in his hands as he leaned forward on his knees. Taehyung didn’t seem to hear her enter as he didn’t look up. Minah cautiously walked over, avoiding the dirty clothes and towels on the floor. When she stood in front of him, Taehyung finally lifted his head.

“Minah! What are you doing in here?” Taehyung asked startled. Now that Minah was up close to him, she could see that there were dark bags underneath his eyes, which seemed tired.

“I came to check on you. You didn’t seem to be doing too well.” Taehyung peeked around her at the change room door.

“You know girls aren’t supposed to be here. If you get caught, you’ll get in a mound of trouble.” Minah shrugged his shoulders and sat down on the wooden bench beside Taehyung.

“I don’t really care. All I care about is you,” Taehyung smiled a little bit before frowning. “Are you okay?” Taehyung sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Yes… maybe… no, not really.” Taehyung sat back and leaned his head against the cement wall. Minah scooted closer to him and placed a gentle hand on his back.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” She said softly.

“The pressure is finally getting to me,” Minah nodded in understanding, knowing that there was a lot of weight of Taehyung’s shoulders. “The team and coach are all pinning their hopes on me. It’s coach’s last year and he wants a championship before he retires. Not to mention there are college scouts that coach sent here to take a look at me.” Minah’s eyes widened. She began rubbing his back soothingly.

“Do you want to be a soccer player?” Taehyung shook his head.

“Not really, but my parents do. If I get a scholarship, they’ll be so proud of me and they won’t have to worry about paying for college,” Taehyung sighed and leaned closer to Minah, whose heart began to race at the smaller space between them. “I just don’t want to let anyone down, least of all you.” Minah’s heartbeat picked up at Taehyung’s words.

“Just forget about them Taehyung. Forget about your coach, forget about the scouts, forget about your parents and even forget about me. Just remember yourself. All that matters is that you don’t let yourself down.” Taehyung reached over and grasped her free hand in his clammy one. He squeezed it tightly and Minah blushed.

“Thanks Minah I really needed this pep talk,” Her hand still in his, Taehyung stood up from the bench. “Come on, I think the second game’s going to start soon.” Minah stood up as well as began walking, but Taehyung pulled her back.

Minah stumbled backwards as Taehyung brought her closer to his body.

“A kiss for good luck?” Taehyung asked cheekily as he smiled down at her. Minah grinned up at him before standing on her tippy toes to kiss his cheek. As her lips were about to make contact with his cheek, Taehyung turned his head so her lips fell on his. Minah’s eyed widened in surprise, but eventually she relaxed into the kiss. When they broke apart, they wore matching grins.

They walked out to the field hand in hand. As they got there, the coach was giving the soccer team a pep talk. Taehyung turned to her and smiled. He placed a kiss on her lips before he began to walk to the bench.

“Go get ‘em tiger!”



Here you go! I changed it just a tad because he's not actually sick, just stressed out. Also, it's quite a bit late because school's a total bummer and I've been eally busy. Nonetheless, I hope that you like it! 

Word Count: 1692

Finished: 06/04/2016