Wonwoo- reginadjww

Falling Maple Leaves Request Shop ((Winner, ASTRO, B.A.P., Block B, NCT, and K.A.R.D. added!))

Seventeen's Wonwoo

When Wonwoo cheats on Regina



Regina Yoon and Jeon Wonwoo had met in their second year of college. It was a mutual friend who they hardly even spoke to now that they’d all moved on from college. It was at one of those dumb college parties where practically everybody was drunk. Bodies were writhing together and Regina’s friend dragged her through the sweaty crowd. That’s when she spotted where her friend was dragging her.

It was towards him. Regina vaguely recognized him because they had one of two classes together in first year. She also occasionally saw him in the campus library; his head buried in a book with cute little round glasses perched on his nose. Now here was Mina dragging her towards the very attractive boy who was only slightly tipsy.

They quickly hit it off and starting dating soon after. It was a whirlwind romance and Regina couldn’t help but be swept off of her feet. Wonwoo was total boyfriend material. He was funny, sweet, y, romantic and any other positive adjective one could think of.  Regina felt as if she was the luckiest woman in the world for getting such a catch.

That was until tonight. When he dropped that bomb on her.

“I slept with somebody.” Regina’s fork fell out of her hand and onto the ceramic plate with a loud clang. She remained silent as she looked over at her long term boyfriend. Wonwoo’s head was bowed and he was looking at the dining table. His arms were one the table, his fists clenched and his shoulder tensed.

“Are you serious Wonwoo? If this is some sort of sick joke, it’s not funny. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.” Regina said, tears beginning to well in her eyes. Wonwoo would never play this kind of joke. Regina had a feeling in the deepest part of her heart that what he was saying was true.

“I am. I am so sorry Regina.” Wonwoo’s voice cracked on the last syllable of her name. Silence hung in the air, strangling her.

She couldn’t believe it. Her loyal and faithful boyfriend had cheated on her. Regina’s stomach plummeted and a couple of tears escaped. She harshly wiped away the tears before they ruined the make-up she had worked so hard on earlier in the day. Regina knew it was useless though as the salty years kept trailing down her cheeks.

Regina stood up from her seat and grabbed both hers and Wonwoo’s plates. She stomped into the kitchen and threw them into the sink. The plate shattered, white ceramic pieces now littering the sink. She covered her face with her hands as her shoulder began to shake with silent sobs. Wonwoo placed his hand on her shoulders and began to rub them. Tears welled up in his eyes as he saw the woman he was completely in love with break down. All because of him.

 As soon as she felt Wonwoo’s hands on her shoulders, she turned around. Regina’s hand flew up on its own as she struck him across the cheek. Wonwoo’s head whipped to the side.

“Who?” The question tore from Regina’s throat before she could process what she’d just said. Regina wanted to pluck the words from the air and push them back down. But it was too late and the words had already been said. Wonwoo sighed and just looked at her. “Who? I deserve to know you head.”

“It doesn’t matter.” He said tiredly.

“It does matter Wonwoo,” His name felt like poison on her lips. “Do I know her? Is that why you won’t tell me?”

“Do you remember Mina?” Regina’s eyebrows furrowed.

“Mina, as in Mina from college Mina?” She took Wonwoo’s silence as a yes. “That ing !” Regina yelled as she pushed Wonwoo away from her. She thought that she’d never hear about Mina again. It’s not as if the two had purposefully ended their friendship. They just slowly grew apart from each other. Apparently though, Mina had grown close to Wonwoo.

“It’s not her fault, it’s mine.”

“I know it’s her fault. Just as much as it is yours. Is it really that hard not to anyone that’s not your girlfriend?”

“You don’t understand! You’ve been so busy with work lately and I was lonely. And last month with that large project Mina was there and you weren’t.”

“I don’t need to understand Wonwoo! And since when do you work with Mina?”

“I told you when she started working there last month. You’d know if you actually listened to me for once!” That stopped Regina in her tracks. She supposed she had been really busy with the company lately.

But they were trying to secure a new investor that would, hopefully, earn her a promotion. Then she and Wonwoo could finally move out of their crappy Seoul apartment, maybe buy a house and start a family. Regina was only busy because she was working towards her future with Wonwoo. She guessed that in her pursuit of her dream, she forgot what she was really after.

“That’s no excuse to cheat Wonwoo! I trusted you.! With my heart and the most important parts of me and now you’ve destroyed that trust. I can barely even look at you right now.” Regina said as she turned away from him and ran to the bedroom.

Regina slammed the door and immediately locked it. She knew that Wonwoo could easily pick the lock. The locks in this apartment were crappy and Wonwoo was a very skilled lock pick. That was one of the weird things that Regina loved about him and found endearing. She wondered if Mina knew how deftly Wonwoo could pick a lock. Not that it really mattered anymore.

She stomped over to the closet and threw all of her clothes into her suitcase. Regina was normally the type of person who was organized and folded things neatly. Wonwoo had always said that he appreciated that about her. She was the order to his chaos. Tears found their way down Regina’s cheeks. She wiped them away, angry at herself for crying. Regina prided herself on being an emotionally stable person and Wonwoo didn’t deserve her tears. Not after what he did.

“Regina, please let me in.” Wonwoo pleaded through the door. Regina shook her head, but remained silent. She didn’t want him in here. Regina just wanted to curl up in a ball underneath the duvet and cry. She’d finished packing and was just waiting until Wonwoo went to sleep to sneak out of the apartment.

Regina heard the lock being fiddled with and then the door swing open. She buried her head further into her pillow and feigned sleep.

“Sweetheart, I know you’re awake.” Wonwoo said as he sat on the opposite side of the bed. Regina immediately sat up and glared at him.

“You’ve lost your right to call me sweetheart.” She said venomously. Wonwoo sighed and rubbed a hand through his hair. Regina’s heart ached, knowing that he only ran his hand through his hair when he was on the verge of tears.

“Just please listen to me,” Wonwoo begged with a breathy voice. Regina sat up straighter. “I love you Regina and I want to be with you. Mina was a mistake and I knew it as soon as it happened. We were working late last month at the office. A stupid budget wouldn’t come together and the meeting was the next day. After we’d finished, she cracked open a bottle of wine and I swear I was only going to have one glass. After the third glass, I was unloading all of my frustrations with you and she seduced me. She told me that I deserved better and you know how much of a lightweight I am. I agreed and then she kissed me and didn’t stop. I didn’t mean for it to happen, it just did.”

She didn’t know how it happened. One minute they were staring intensely at each other, both of their eyes filled with tears. The next, they were kissing passionately. It was a desperate kiss. A kiss that both of them hoped would fill the empty holes in the hearts. A kiss that would hopefully fix what had happened between them.


Regina woke in the morning just like every other morning had. Sunlight streamed in through the window and Wonwoo’s arm draped on her hip. She could feel his hard, chest against her back and the warmth he was radiating. Regina nearly smiled until she remembered the events of the previous night.

The awkward dinner. The confession. The fight. The making up.

And here she was, lying in bed with the man who had crushed her heart only hours before. Regina silently slid out of bed, trying not to disturb Wonwoo. Wonwoo’s only protest was a groan as he rolled over onto his stomach. She quickly dressed and packed the things she had missed the previous night.

Regina took one last look at him. She couldn’t see his face as it was buried in the white pillow, but she didn’t need to. She’d memorized the contours of his face long ago. Regina placed a kiss on the back of his head before she grabbed her suitcase and left the bedroom. She left a note on the kitchen counter and with it, her key to the apartment.

Regina then walked out of the apartment and out of Wonwoo’s life.



I am so so sorry. I am trash. This has been a long time coming and I'm really sorry it took so long for me to do this. I'm not very good at drama (obviously) but I tried real hard. I'm sorry it's so crap and I'm sorry that I made Wonwoo a cheater. I just... I had to do it because it's cliche and dramatic.

Word Count: 1576

Finished: 09/06/2016