Jungkook- thekeytodestiny

Falling Maple Leaves Request Shop ((Winner, ASTRO, B.A.P., Block B, NCT, and K.A.R.D. added!))

BTS' Jungkook

When Jungkook is bored at work and meets Aeri.


Jungkook sighed and looked at the analog clock on the wall. When he saw that there was still at least 3 hours until his shift ended, he let out another heavy sigh. For the umpteenth time that day, Jungkook wiped down the same six tables that he always wiped down.

Suddenly, the bell attached to the front door chimed. Jungkook looked up excitedly at the door, hoping that it was a customer. To his disappointment, it was only his coworker and annoying best friend.

“Heyoo!” Taehyung called cheerily as he entered the store. He pulled down his hood and shook some raindrops off his umbrella before closing it. “It’s raining cats and dogs out there!” Jungkook deadpanned at the boy and tossed the rag at him. Taehyung caught it easily much to Jungkook’s annoyance.

“I thought you were a customer,” Jungkook said, almost pouting. “I got excited for about half a second.”

“Aww, you’re not excited to see me?”

“When am I ever?” Jungkook replied sarcastically. Taehyung snickered in reply and walked around the counter to put on his apron. Jungkook looked down at his own apron and wrinkled his nose at its colour.

Pastel pink was now a colour that Jungkook had learned to despise. It suited somebody like Taehyung with his fluffy hair and boxy smile. Jungkook, on the other hand, felt that the colour was much too soft for somebody like him; hard lines and broad shoulders.  Then there was also the fact that pastel pink always reminded him of his work place- Jung’s Ice Cream Heaven. Even the name was over the top!

Jungkook wasn’t a huge fan of working there, especially not while it was in the middle of spring and it had rained every day this week. He didn’t know why his boss Mr. Jung insisted on keeping the shop open on rainy days. Nobody wanted ice cream when it was basically hailing outside. The only reason Jungkook kept the job was to pay for his college expenses. His parents had paid for his tuition, but Jungkook had to pay for everything else- text books, rent, bills, food etcetera. At least scooping ice cream paid decently. Plus the tips he got from high school girls for being an attractive college guy were nothing to sniff at.

“So it’s been dead all day?” Taehyung asked, placing his elbow on the countertop by the cash register.

“The rain legit feels like somebody’s pouring ice water on you. Nobody wants cold ice cream on a day like today”

“It may lighten up,” Taehyung suggested hopefully. “The rain can’t last forever.”

“Tell that to the Bible.” Jungkook muttered before plopping down in one of the shop’s chairs.

“Better start building that Ark then Kookie.” He chuckled at his stupid joke and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

“Shut up, you know I hate that name.”

Jungkook decided that there was nothing left to do; the register had been counted at least twice, the ice cream having been reorganized five times and the table having been wiped down almost constantly since Jungkook’s shift started. Jungkook let out a sigh and passed behind Taehyung to the back room where his locker was. Suddenly Jungkook was thankful that he’d forgotten to take his chemistry homework out of his backpack.

 “Did you do the chem homework?” Jungkook asked as he took a sit at the table closest to the counter.

“Nah, I was too busy last night.” He replied without looking up from his phone.

“Doing what, playing Overwatch?”

“I can’t help it; D.Va is such a babe and she was calling my name.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his best friend. Taehyung really was a dork. Just as Jungkook picked up his pencil to start doing his homework, the bell above the entrance door chimed. Jungkook looked up surprised; they had an actual customer.

Not only was he surprised to find a customer, but he was surprised to find that it was an attractive female customer. Immediately, Jungkook felt his shoulders stiffen. He looked down at the confusing chemical bonds, pretending to be really focused on what he was studying. Jungkook had never been good at talking to girls, let alone pretty girls his age.

“Um, hello. Are you still open?”

Oh God. Her voice was just as cute as her. Jungkook gulped and lowered his head closer to the page.

“Of course we’re open for you cutie,” Jungkook snorted at Taehyung’s flirting. The girl looked over at Jungkook, who immediately turned his head away from her. “What can I get you? Not that you need any ice cream; you’re sweet enough already.”

“Please stop, you’re embarrassing.” Jungkook groaned before he could help it. The girl laughed at Jungkook’s comment and he could feel his ears start to burn. Taehyung smirked over at Jungkook and just from the expression, Jungkook knew he was screwed.

“You know, just for that comment,” Jungkook held his breath and the cute girl looked confused. “You can help out….”

“Aeri. Han Aeri.” The cute girl supplied, causing Taehyung to smile.

“You can help out Aeri here. Have fun!” Taehyung said cheerfully before heading to the backroom of the store. Jungkook’s eyes widened and he waited a few moments.

When Taehyung didn’t come out, Jungkook groaned and stood up from his chair to stand behind the counter. Aeri fiddled with her fingers at the counter.

“If it’s really too much trouble, I can just leave…”

“No, no, no!” Jungkook immediately backpedaled. “It’s just I’m not very good at talking to girls. Like at all. As in, I try to avoid females as much as I can. It’s especially difficult when I have to interact with a girl as beautiful as you and-” Jungkook cut himself off as he realized what he just blurted.

He looked across at Aeri, whose face was as red as a ripe tomato. Jungkook could tell his face was probably just at red. Aeri looked at a picture on the wall. The only sound in the store was the ticking analog clock and the pattering of rain on the storefront window.

“Um, what can I get you?” Jungkook asked, clearing his throat. Aeri smiled at him awkwardly.

“Oh, I don’t know. I’m lactose intolerant, so this is my first time eating ice cream.”

“Really? But ice cream is so good! Not even once?” Aeri giggled at his surprised reaction.

“Nope. My parents were really strict about dairy products.”

“I think we have sherbet in the back if you’d prefer that.” Jungkook pointed towards the back storeroom.

“No way! I walked all this way, practically swam, just to get some ice cream. So gosh dang it, I will get some ice cream!”

Aeri’s passionate speech made Jungkook think she was even cuter. And he didn’t think that was possible. Jungkook chuckled at the girl and held his hands up in mock surrender.

“Okay okay, I’ll get you some ice cream. What are you in the mood for?”

“Well, what’s your favourite flavour?”

“I’m a butterscotch ripple kind of guy.”

“Then I’ll have a scoop of butterscotch ripple please.” Aeri nodded decisively with a large smile. Jungkook felt his ears heating up again at her smile.

“In a bowl or a cone?” He asked politely before leaning on the countertop. “Or if you’re feeling particularly spendy, would you like it in a waffle cone?”

“Do I look like a peasant to you?” Aeri asked with a grin as she leaned towards Jungkook.

“Waffle cone it is then!” Jungkook declared. He walked over to the butterscotch ice cream and began making a scoop for Aeri.

“So what’s it like working in an ice cream store?” Aeri asked as she leaned the counter.

“You’re our first customer today. And I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re our only customer today.”

“Not surprising,” Aeri said with a laugh. “It’s raining ice water outside.”

“That’s exactly what I said!” Jungkook exclaimed as he finished scooping her ice cream. “Any toppings?”

“No thanks, I would like to enjoy my ice cream on its own.” Jungkook smiled at Aeri as he rang her out at the cash register. She dropped the rest of the change into the tip jar and Jungkook immediately bowed.

“You didn’t have to tip me.” Aeri just smiled at him.

“I know I didn’t have to,” Jungkook’s face brightened at her words. “As thank you though, is it alright if I sit with you while you do your homework?”

“Yeah, of course!” Jungkook said almost immediately. Aeri laughed at his eagerness and Jungkook felt his face start to redden again.

Aeri nodded again and sat down across from where Jungkook’s notebook sat. Jungkook shuffled over to his seat and plopped down. He picked up his pencil and began to look in his chemistry textbook. Meanwhile, Aeri sat across from him happily munching her ice cream.

Every so often, Jungkook subtly looked up from his binder. Whenever he looked up, she was always smiling contently. Her cute little noises of happiness made butterflies start up in his stomach. Once when he looked up to peak at Aeri, she caught his gaze. Jungkook’s eyes widened in response and he immediately looked back at the chemistry problems. Aeri peaked over at his textbook.

“Working on chem?”

“Yeah.” Jungkook groaned. He leaned back in his chair and ran hand through his hair. Aeri’s heart picked up its pace at his action. She’d always had a thing for guys running their fingers through their hair. Aeri couldn’t help but wonder what his hair felt like. It looked so soft… She shook out her thoughts quickly.

“Not enjoying it?” She asked teasingly as she finished up her ice cream.

“Not at all. I hate chem, I have no idea why I took it as an elective.” Jungkook had enjoyed chemistry in high school, so he figured he might as well take it in college.

Turns out, it was hell.

“I’m actually a chemical engineering major.” Aeri said as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

“You must be so smart then. Would you mind helping me? I don’t understand most of this.”

“No problem.” Aeri shuffled her chair over beside Jungkook. They were extremely close, their shoulders touching ever so slightly. Jungkook’s face broke out in yet another blush at the contact.

Immediately after she’d moved her chair, Aeri regretted it. Her stomach flipped at the slightest touching of their shoulders. Aeri sniffed subtly.

Oh god. He smelled so nice. Jungkook’s cologne was making it hard for her to think straight. Was that sandalwood?

“Looks like you two are really hitting it off.”

Jungkook and Aeri both jumped at the sound of Taehyung’s voice. They looked over their shoulder to see Taehyung standing a foot behind them.

“I was-uh just uh.”

“She was helping me with my homework!” Both of their faces were bright red. Taehyung placed his hands on the counter and placed his head on his laced fingers. Aeri shivered at his smile; it reminded her of the Cheshire cat.

“You two have some real chemistry,” Aeri and Jungkook both groaned at Taehyung’s terrible joke. “And you’re in sync too! It’s a match made in Heaven. One might say in Jung’s Ice Cream Heaven.”

Instead of groaning again, Jungkook and Aeri laughed instead. In her laughter, Aeri leaned her forehead against Jungkook’s shoulder. He immediately began to blush again, causing Taehyung to raise his eyebrows teasingly.

Aeri straightened up as her laughter subsided. She stood up from her chair and moved it back to its rightful place. Even though it was only a couple feet, Jungkook stood up and walked her to the door.

“Oh, it’s stopped raining.” Aeri said as she looked out the window. Jungkook looked at her face and smiled.

“Yeah, it has.”



Yesss, I finally! Okay, so I actually really like this. At first, it was inspired by a Ten one-shot that I read once and then it slowly turned into more than that. Also, excuse the ty puns ^^

Word Count: 1964

Finished: 17/05/17