Three

Reality

I sat on my bed thinking about the owner of this phone. “Hailey! Dinner is ready.” Dad called me from downstairs. This is the second day I have that guy’s phone in my possession. I sat in front of dad in the dining room.

“Hailey, do you have any plan on next month’s holiday?”

I looked at dad in indifferent feeling for that question, “Wae?” he smiled, “Well, I plan that we should have our trip to Europe, I guess?” he nudged. I squealed in happiness. “So, when we’ll booking those tickets?” I sound too enthusiastic.

He giggled, “Well, how about tomorrow?” I nodded and thanked for the delicious foods. I helped dad to clean up the table and helped him to get the dishes in the dishwasher. “I’ll be in my office, if you need me.” He kissed my temple before I walked upstairs to my room.

I looked back at the phone on my side table and I was flooded with messages.

Yah! Where are you going?! – Tae Rim

Aren’t you scared you’ll get scolded later? – Hwan Gi

I think my phone is with you. Am I right? – 010

You better be back before curfew! – Sam hyung

I noticed my number and I knew it was him. I ticked all messages as read and text my number.

I have your phone. And it seems like your friends are really concern about you. – 020

What took you so long to reply? That’s a long story though. – 010

 I giggled, “Hailey, don’t forget to turn off the lights before you sleep.” dad just warned. I tossed the phone on the bed in panicked, “Nae!” I walk over to the bathroom and wash my face and apply some toner.

After a quick session of changing to my night shorts, I switched of the lights and grabbed the phone back. Suddenly, the phone vibrated. I answered and keep myself shut.

“Hello?” said the deep husky voice. I kept myself silence and wait for him words. He seemed to have a really deep voice. “I can heard your breathing, you know.” My eyes went huge and in total shocked.

“H-hello?” I called back. He lowly giggled, “Was it hard to say hello?” I scratch my head, “Well, I shouldn’t talk to stranger.” I bit my lower lip.

“But you accept my call.” He lowly laughed and I totally can’t believe with this guy.

“So, when will I have my phone back?” I waited in anticipated. “Let see. I’m out of town right now. Out of country to be precise.” Is he being serious?!

“Country?! When will you be back?” I looked at the glow-in-dark clock on my wall and the clock just strike 11pm. “On the 23rd?” he sounds unreliable. I could felt the buzzer on the phone almost every single second.

“That’s like next week! Oh my god! And your friend seems to miss you so much.” I sounded sarcasm.  He lowly giggled, “You’ll get to hear my voice every single day then. About them, just let it be.” I sighed deeply thinking about my phone in some random guy possession.

“Oh by the way, did you receive any text from Sam hyung?” he continued. Wait, that name is too familiar. I straight away sat on my bed and leaned against the wall. “Yup. He said to come back before curfew. Mind to tell what it’s all about?”

“You mentioned earlier that you shouldn’t talk to strangers.” Okay, now he’s teasing. “Ugh, don’t complex things up.”

“I was supposed to be with my teammates at the indoor field and train but things went little bit off so I went outside and get fresh air.”

“I bet you went somewhere far, right?” I questioned him. He lowly sighed, “Well, I just don’t wanna things get too ... messy or create a scene.” He stated. Then, everything went silence; a comfortable silence.

“This is kind of weird and I should tell you in the first place. I’m Brian. Brian Kang.” He suddenly broke the ice. I sat still on the bed. “I’m ...-”

“Hailey! Aren’t you gonna sleep? We have to wake up early for tomorrow.” Dad suddenly warned out of nowhere. Thanks dad. “– Hailey. My name is Hailey.” I sighed and literally face palmed myself.

He giggled, “Hailey? Is there an airport nearby or is that just my heart taking off?” What the heck is going on?! My fingers all scrunched.

He laughed like probably fall over his for that, “You have a nice though. Nice to ... talk to you.” I awkwardly smiled. “Well, I wanna tell you that your friend Jaehwa said that she couldn’t make it tomorrow.” I gasped.

“You didn’t went through my texts, right?” I have all conversation with Jaehwa and dad most of the time but its such humiliation for other people to know. “Just text to her that it’s fine and dad have a plan with me.” I continued.

“I didn’t ... but I’d gladly for your favour.” He cut me.

“DON’T!” I nearly screamed mid-air for that. I took few breathe ins and outs, “Just don’t.” I continued. He softly giggled, “Well, Hailey, I think you need to relax and calm yourself before your whole house burned down.”

I flicked him by my tone, “Hyung ... I’ve been looking for you everywhere.” I heard a sudden fade voice coming nearer coming to him. “Who’s that?” I asked.

“Hailey, I’ve got to go. I’ll talk to you later. Good night.” He ended the cal just like that. Somehow left me hanging and made me lost for few seconds.

That just caught me off guard. I hope my phone is in a good hand. I lay back on the bed and placed the phone on the side bed. I snuggled under the covers and closed my eyes and drifted the night together with me.