Eight

Reality

Few minutes from the police station her car came to a halt in front of a double story house with a wide lawn somewhat the only house in the lane. Well, there’s another house about 100m away. I walked out from the car and it’s a quiet & peaceful though.

“I guess this is where I’ll be staying onwards.” I mumbled. She ... well aunt came over to my side and looked together at her house, “Well, this is my house and I’m sorry for having a big distance from the city. I need a peaceful surrounding.” She smiled.

Aunt invited me into her house. Her house is decent except it’s empty like she just bought the house or she really like empty houses. I don’t know. My eyes gaze around, there were no sofas, coffee table nor did pictures hang on the wall.

“Your house seems ...” I find for the right word but nothing than emptiness. “Empty?” she giggled as she placed her bag on dining table.

She said that she just moved here about a week ago from Canada and it’ll be a little bit hard since her cargo shipment hasn’t arrived yet. I softly sighed. “Why don’t you pick any room upstairs and we’ll think of the decorations soon? I’ll have my own room downstairs.”

I ran as she mentioned that. It’s spacious and little bit dark. Well, we could decorate it soon, right? There were 4 rooms upstairs. You know when a new house looks like when everything is white and looks extremely spacious. I pick the furthest from the stair since this one room has its own private bedroom.

I look outside the window and there is a huge tree outside, which I could sneak outside, if I want too. “This room is nice.” I held my inner scream and turned around. Aunt was leaning to the door frame. “Since you already pick this, let’s have grabbed something for diner outside and probably think of something.”

I nodded and follow her trace to the car. I left my bag at the so-looked-like living room with my phone and iPod with me. Aunt starts the engine and drove back to the main road, “What would you like?” she breaks the ice.

I shrugged, “Anything I could. I’m not picky though.” She lightly nodded and everything when silent again. Her car stopped in front of Wendy’s corner lot. I stepped out and wait for her at an available table outdoor.

I moved with my aunt. – H

I thought you didn’t have relative? – J

I thought so. She showed up at the station and handed the documents. It’s legal. – H

WOW! Are you with her now? – J

She’s ordering food right now. I’m at Wendy’s. – H

Hmm~ that’s just sound delicious! – J

LOL. – H

Where is she staying? – J

IDK. Her house somewhat far from the main road and isolated into a neighbourhood. The nearest house from her house is about 100m – H

DAMN! IS SHE LIVING IN A WOODS OR SOMETHING?! – J

Hahahahaha! Hey, I tell you the tomorrow, alright? – H

Take care, sissy! Love you :* - J

Aunt came with a tray full of food like, is she trying to make me fat or something? She placed the tray on the table and smiled to me. My eyes still glued to the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe, Double Stack, 4-piece chicken nuggets, 4-piece spicy chicken nuggets and medium sized of chocolate & vanilla frosty each.

“I hope you’re hungry.” She giggled. “Umm, I am but this too much, don’t you think?” I questioned her back. She reassured me that if there’s leftover, we’ll just take it home. We begin to dig in with silence of the night envelops us.

“Hailey, I’m sorry for what happens to your father. I hope he’ll be released soon.” Yeah, I hope so, too. I softly sighed and ate the food she bought. Slowly, the silence begins to envelop us despite people from the table nearby having a blast conversation.

I cleared my throat and sipped the vanilla frosty. “So, about your room, I think it’s the best to get it ready by this weekend. Don’t you think?” she asked. I nodded slowly and told her it’s brilliant. We quickly throw the food wrappers and threw in the bin.

Aunt drive back home, “For tonight, is it okay for you to sleep on a mattress without bed? Well, you can sleep with me in my room, if you want to.” I shook my head, “No. It’s fine. Back at home, I sometimes accidently slept on the floor.” I giggled.

Aunt pulled the hand break and we entered the house afterwards, “What about school?” I suddenly asked. “I’ll send you first thing in the morning.”

I smiled and slowly walked upstairs. “Hailey, we need to go early tomorrow for our breakfast too.” Aunt reminded me before I popped myself on the mattress lying on the floor.

Hey Hailey J - B

I rolled to my right side as I heard my, well Brian’s phone vibrated. I unlock the screen and it was from him. Why am I not eve surprise, ha.

Hi Brian – H

So, what are you up to? – B

It’s freaking 10.30 pm. Are you expecting me to hunt zebras? – H

Girl! You gotta chill! Like really chill! Don’t you get the hint? – B

What? – H

I’m asking you out. – B

Now? – H

Yes, now, my princess. – H

What one earth is this guy thinking?! Isn’t he out of country or something? Jaehwa told me that he’ll be come back in few days not now. I blew my bangs and hanged the conversations for the moment and thought deep.

I just came back home and free now. Don’t you wanna meet me? – B

Why would I? – H

Well, if you wanna keep my phone with you, you should tell me earlier ;) – B

That hit me hard inside. I tapped hard what to reply him. He really like really wants to meet me. Jaehwa told me that he’s the school’s prince charming and some girls made a fan club on him. Well, he’s quite popular.

Let’s just meet at school. – H

Alright then. I’ll see you, princess. Good night and dream of me, okay? ;) – B

Later on, I let the night envelops deeper. I washed my face and changed to the pyjamas that I brought from home. I dusted the mattress although it’s dust-free. I snuggled to the pillows and slowly closed my eyes.

I have to keep my hope high for dad.  I miss him already.


Hey guys! I just came back from the unexpected vacations. I hope this update would cheer you up and hpefully to give you guys a frequent update soon. Comment below! xoxo