Five

Reality

“Have a safe journey.” Ms. Nara said to both of us. “Drive properly and this is your food pack.” Halmeoni passed a bag plastic full of food. This is a lot. “Dad received with a blush of shame. I giggled.

I hugged halmeoni as I never wanna leave this great place. “You can come anytime soon.” Ms. Nari cooed me. Halmeoni didn’t let me go, instead she whispered to my left ear, “If he willing to spend his time for you no matter how busy or tired he is, he’s a keeper.”

She winked at me, “I can see in your eyes.”

Jae Hyun called me over, “Call me if you wanna ask anything or even to talk, okay?” he pulled me into a brotherly hugged and whispered; “I’ll stay here with halmeoni.” I looked at him in surprised.

“Oh? Then, I’ll really call you soon. We should hang out at Seoul, soon.” I smiled at him. I waved them all goodbye and entered the car. Dad drove and entered the highway, “They’re friendly.” I praised.

“Yup. They are.”

We then arrived home and I lay on my bed, resting. I sighed lowly, “Good night dad!” I yelled and closed my eyes to drift to sleep. Every sound fades and all I could imagine a peaceful path with a vibration on my arm?

I opened my eyes and looked directly on Brian’s phone. It was a phone call which I didn’t dare to answer.

I’d called but you didn’t answer. Your guitar class will be held as usual once you’re back. – Ace

I sighed to myself and wondered who is this Brian and he’s own fandom. Oh my god! I need a peaceful day without all those texts and missed calls. I forward the message to my number so that Brian could have a notice about it.

I looked over to my clock it’s 3.20am. Oh my! I the lights and washed my face from the minimal make-up I had and changed into comfortable pyjamas.

I think it’s already passed 3am there. – B

Yes, it is. – H

Why are you still up? – B

When will your fandom stop giving you texts and missed calls? – H

I bet you woke up because of Ace’s text. I’m sorry for that. – B

You should be. This Ace kid woke me up just now. – H

My eyelids went heavy and I end up slept without replying his upcoming text. I was too tired. The whole journey to dad’s friend’s mother house was fun and exhausted.

I woke up the next day somewhat around 9am and I saw a girl sitting on my chair staring at me. “Yah!” I threw the pillow at her. It was Jaehwa.

I rubbed my chest, “Scaredy cat.”

I lay back and forced to sleep, “You’ll over sleep. Wake up!” I only have dad in my head right now. He must be the one that allow Jaehwa in my room. I sighed.

“Fine. I’m up.” She clapped like a walrus and asked me about the owner of the phone of I’m having right now. “I’ll tell you about it. Now, I need to shower and change to fresh clothes. You, wait for me downstairs.” I pushed her out.

I took my white shirt with dark rugged jeans with few things together into the bathroom. I the shower and apply some berry body gel. Ah, this is refreshing. I dried myself and wore on the clothes.

“Morning!” I greeted them downstairs.

We, three had our meal in peace for the first time and everyone seemed to enjoy the food and only the sound of munching could be heard. “I guess today’s meal succeeded in making both of you quiet for today.” He teased.

Jaehwa and I looked at dad, “Dad, we’re just too hungry.”

He giggled and messed both of our hair, “You guys grown beautifully.” And it’s so weird to see him praising us like this. “Is there anything you wanna tell us or me personally?” I nudged his arm. He shook his head, “I felt that I should praise you guys.”

We both shrugged and cleaned the plates earlier before place it in the dishwasher. “Hailey, I’ll be going off to my office afterwards. Can you both look after the house?” he dried his hand and gave us stare.

“Can we have a party?” I acted sarcasm.

He face palmed, “In a broad daylight? Seriously, Hailey? You wouldn’t. I knew that.” Dad told Jaehwa that her parents knew about his short leave to the office.

I waved dad as he exited the house while driving his car. Jaehwa and I ran back to my room and crashed he bed, “So, do you wanna tell me about it?” she looked at me in excited mode.

“Well, he said that his name is Brian.”

She gave me a disbelief expression, “What?” she deeply sighed. “I need more info. Just give me the phone.” She grabbed from my side table.

I scrolled my twitter timeline from my iPod and she suddenly gasped and awed, “He have a soft spot in him. I’m touched.” She told me about our last night conversation when he apologise behalf of his friends.

“Isn’t that consider as polite?” I questioned her.

She giggled, “Yeah ... it is.” She continued her ‘investigation’ until she held my feet, “He sounds so familiar from your previous conversations with him. I mean ... he’s like someone that really well-known at school.”

I thought back, “I didn’t catch his face.”

“Oh my, I think I know who he is.”

Who? “Well?”

“Brian Kang. The multi-talented guy that placed himself on the top 30 ranked together with you in school.” Jaehwa told in amusement. “I didn’t recognize that name ...”

Then, a pang hit me, “Oh my!”

“You knew him right?!” I shook my head, “No. I just remembered that dad didn’t left me with any food for lunch.” I laughed when I saw Jaehwa’s reaction. “We could buy some raw items, and cook.” She offered.

I pulled my red beanie and gray varsity with Jaehwa along. “Let’s go!” I locked the door behind me and left a sticky note on the door for dad. “What do you plan to cook?” I asked Jaehwa.

“I can cook my signature chicken noodle soup and you could make your egg salad.” She shrugged. Well, that seems logic to me though.

We arrived at the mart and pulled the trolley and made our own rally. “Thank god I wore pants today.” Jaehwa yelled as we ran along the way. “Noodle!” I pointed at the noodle section. We grabbed few vegetables and fruits.

“We seriously need to slow down before the guards chase us out!” Jaehwa sounded scared. After the whole session of screaming and yelling in the mart of no people than us both, we paid at the cashier.

“These are a lot. We can make all-day buffet.” I cheered with Jaehwa with plastic bags filled both our hands. I called dad using Brian’s phone and he didn’t pick up. “Maybe, he’s driving?” Jaehwa reassured me.

I shrugged until I dialled his number again and all I could hear was mumbling in noisy background. “What ...” I mumbled.

I felt something isn’t right. Jaehwa held my hand with her empty hand and we fasten our walk, “Something isn’t right.” I looked at her. I stood there, froze two houses before mine.

3 police cars in front of my house with 3 officers on their knees with guns aimed in the house. I let the plastic on the road and ran, “Dad!” I called him but no sound was heard. “Dad!” Jaehwa’s mom held me back.

My time seemed to slow down and waited and I saw dad with his hand handcuffed behind him. “Hailey!” I heard him but no words could escape from my mouth. “Dad...” I whispered.

“Listen to me, Hailey! I’m maligned. You just have to call your uncle. He’ll come for you. Okay? Don’t worry.” Dad struggled himself before he was forced entered the car. What just happen?

A female officer came to my direction, “Hailey, do you know anybody to contact as your guardian?” I looked at her and stared into her hazel eyes. “I ... don’t ... know ...”

I have an uncle? Who? Dad never told me that I have any relatives not from his sides or mom’s. I sat by the side of the road and cupped my face. “What the heck just happen ...” my tears sprung and wet my cheeks. 


 

Hey there! I just give you guys double update and I couldn't update this upcoming days cause I'll be having short vacation. Comment below and tell me what you think about it :)