You

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

You


Curious, Yixing thinks, ever since Yifan came into his life, even before they started officially dating, the older is always the first thing that comes into his mind when he wakes up. Thoughts of Yifan will instantly fill his brain the moment he opens his eyes to start the day. Even if his boyfriend is not beside him, Yifan’s face is still the first image that his brain supplies him.

Has he woken up?

Did he have breakfast already?

Is he in the shower?

Has he left for work?

Even after they have moved in together, two years after being in a relationship, those questions are still the first ones that pop into his head even if he has other things he should be worrying about himself. Surely, being late for work should be one’s first concern, not whether their partner shaved for the day like they would always remind them the night before or not.

The morning questioning has become quite frequent lately. Yifan has been staying up late at work, only to wake up early the next day and this cycle has been going on for weeks now. The older’s team has a big project ahead of them, a collaboration between his company and another. The world of automotive industry rarely has two different companies that are not under the same umbrella working together that the result of this idea will either be a huge success or an epic failure. For the latter not to happen, Yifan’s team has been smoothing out every wrinkle in the marketing of this huge leap that the only time he has solely for Yixing on a daily is when they are both asleep on the bed.

Yixing understands though, he always does. He too has long nights at the dance studio even stretching until the morning as he creates choreography that is both unique and easy to follow. He remembers that there have been weeks when the team of dancers he leads create a routine for a group’s debut or a comeback. On these days he would come home exhausted to find Yifan asleep on the couch with the TV on or on their bed with his hand occupied with his smartphone. The image always draws a smile on his face, urging him to walk to their bedroom to pull the blankets from their bed before to bring it to the living room and squeeze himself on the couch with his boyfriend; cramped yet comfy.

So he accepts it, these are just everyday things that couples go through. It’s not like it is the end of the world and he knows after the project is over their daily routine of waking up side by side warm in each other’s arms will fall back into place again. And if he ever feels like he needs a reminder he would need only to push his back a little bit to feel the thumping of Yifan’s heart against his back, calm and steady, like their love for each other.

 

 


A/N: Inspired by the quote: "In the morning when I rise you’re the first thing on my mind. In the middle of the night I feel your heartbeat next to mine."