When it Rains

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

When it Rains


“Where are you going?” Yixing’s voice cracks, sleep still evident with every uttered word.

“To pee?” The long arms around him tighten for a bit and a kiss is placed on his cheek before both are gone.

Minutes pass before he hears the door to their bathroom close again, he hears Yifan’s voice gentle but clear when he says, “It’s raining.” 

“It’s so cold.” Yixing whines before drawing the blanket open, patting Yifan’s still warm spot on the bed. “Come here.”

“You’re so warm.” He immediately utters when he is enveloped in his boyfriend’s strong arms around, creating a warm protective cocoon around him, “How is that even possible?”

“I don’t know maybe I’m not human?” Yifan laughs lightly, his voice directly over Yixing’s ear.

“You most definitely are not.” Yixing agrees, his eyes opening and his hands going straight for Yifan’s much larger ones. “Look at this, your hands are the size of my face. That’s definitely not human.”

“Tss, you like my hands though.” Yifan whispers against his ear before placing a kiss behind it, “You like how they make you feel.” His lips travel to the younger’s sensitive neck, a moan quickly leaving Yixing’s lips at first contact.

“Mmnnnn…yeah…”

 

It’s raining again and this is the kind of weather that makes Yixing miss Yifan the most. It would be the perfect time for him to snuggle back to Yifan on the bed and just bask in his boyfriend’s warmth. It would be nice to just stay in bed the whole day, wrapped in their thick blankets, sharing kisses that set their hearts on fire. Kisses that make them feel warmer than the fire on the hearth.

It would be really nice to have Yifan beside him at the moment, not thousands of miles away.

Yifan is currently taking his graduate studies back in Vancouver and it’s only been a year, half of what he’s supposed to fill, but Yixing is already going mad with how much he misses him. They talk regularly on the phone, they even have a schedule for their calls to make sure that they are both free on those times. They allot two hours to their calls but most of the time it ends up being a five, sometimes even six, hour call. The video calls are worse and after trying it for the first time, Yixing has deemed video calls only for special occasions and when necessary. He doesn’t think he can go through hours of seeing Yifan but not being able to touch him physically. The elder feels the same but doesn’t show it to Yixing because he doesn’t want the younger to break and ask him to come home. He knows that if Yixing does tell him to go back to China, he will, without second thoughts.

They don’t have a scheduled phone call today and it’s also not a special day but Yixing finds himself reaching for his phone and opening his last chat with Yifan.

It must be early morning over there, he thinks as he sees Yifan’s last message was his goodnight text.

He bites the bottom of his lips before tapping the call button, he knows Yifan will probably get mad but he just really wants to hear his boyfriend’s voice.

The call gets connected and a groggy Yifan answers.

“Baby? Is something wrong?” Yifan asks after Yixing says his greeting. The younger bites his bottom lip again, to stop it from trembling and to force himself not to sound like he is crying even if he is.

“No, no, I just really wanted to hear you. I probably woke you up. I’m so sorry. You can go back to sleep now.” Yixing rambled without letting Yifan talk and when he was about to end the call his boyfriend interrupts him.

“Hey, I’m glad you called.”

“Really?”

“Really. I wanted to but you might get all emotional on me and get mad that I didn’t follow our schedule.” Yifan laughs on the other line and tries to hide the tremble in his own voice.

“I miss you baby.” And that was enough for Yixing to stop pretending and let his tears flow freely.

“I miss you too. I miss you so much.” He repeats the words over and over again and he doesn’t care if Yifan thinks he’s too weak to get caught up with his emotions. He misses Yifan and he has the right to say it to him.

“It’s raining right now.” He knows Yifan would think it weird that he says that out of the blue so he adds: “It would be really nice to have you home right now to keep me warm.” Yixing has a lot of Yifan’s clothes left in his cabinet and although he doesn’t want to admit it, he has taken a sniff of them from time to time when he misses Yifan too much. He went a bit further today, wearing one of Yifan’s knits that he left for Yixing to wear.

“I would love to hold you close right now. It’s far too cold to be alone.” There’s silence after what Yifan said, one more word from Yixing and he knows he’ll be on the next flight home.

“One more year baby, okay? Just one more year. Wait for me. I’ll keep you warm in every possible way when I come back.” The suggestiveness of Yifan’s words pulls Yixing back from his emotional hole and suddenly the flush his face has taken is there for a totally different reason.

“Okay.” He tells Yifan again how much he misses him and asks for him to keep the phone on. He doesn’t hang up until he has calmed down and is sure that Yifan is back to sleep, snoring away.

He’ll come home someday and Yixing will be there waiting. And he will have Yifan’s arms around him whether it is raining or not.