Morning Time Fun

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Morning Time Fun


Laughter filters from the small gap of the bathroom door and Yixing hears his husband’s deep voice mumbling along with a smaller more high-pitched voice. When he opens the door he is surprised to see their daughter Shuya, sitting beside the sink, laughing as she applies shaving cream all over Yifan’s face.

“Baba look!” Shuya exclaims and excitedly points at her daddy’s face when she sees Yixing standing at the door, “I turned Daddy into a snowman!” Their daughter giggles, her pearly whites showing and eyes turning into crescents, it is indeed Yixing’s favorite sound.

Yifan turns to him and he can’t even recognize his husband with the amount of shaving cream Shuya applied to Yifan’s face, sparing only his eyebrows, eyes and mouth. The elder’s grimace is still visible though and for a while Yixing feels sorry for him. Yifan can never say no to their daughter, the elder always nodding to all of her whims considering the fact that she is quite literally daddy’s little girl. And today it seems that it is to turn him into Olaf.

“Oh, I would have to help daddy shave too.” Yixing comments, eyes turning playful but Yifan’s eyebrows shooting up means he doesn’t understand what his husband is trying to say.

“But I’ve already helped him.” Shuya tilts her head to the side, making Yifan say d’aww in his mind.

“There are other parts to be done, baby.” Yixing supplies, moving forward to join his husband and daughter on their bathroom sink.

“Like where?” There is obvious curiosity in their child’s eyes and Yixing looks at Yifan for a moment but he is still quite confused, unusually slow at picking up hints probably because his brain is still asleep.

“Like daddy’s legs,” Yixing finally responds, opening the tap before gesturing for Shuya to wash her hands. When the child is preoccupied with her sticky hands, Yixing looks at Yifan, his next words said under his breath: “Or somewhere higher.” Yifan, even with the layers of white cream covering his face, is obviously blushing, the red tinting his cheeks spreading even to his neck.

“That would look funny.” Shuya giggles again as she wipes her hands on the towel Yixing offers her.

“Go down, sweetie.” Yixing instructs as she lifts the child off the counter before putting her down, “Grandma cooked you breakfast already.”

“Yay!” The child shrieks, running out of the bathroom and down to the kitchen, “Pancakes!”

“Xing,” Yifan murmurs when their child has completely left them behind, alone. By the way the elder is holding onto the counter, Yixing already knows what he wants to say.

“Oh, I’m sorry Mr. Wu, I didn’t mean to create a problem down there.” Yixing bites his bottom lip, not in worry but to suppress the laugh bubbling in his chest, “Don’t worry I’ll take care of it for you.” He winks at his husband and makes sure he locks the door before attending to his husband’s needs.

 

 


A/N: Cai Shuya is the Chinese name of Sophia :) The cute little girl who played Yifan’s daughter for the movie Somewhere Only We Know :)