How to Woo by Mr. Wu

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

How to Woo by Mr. Wu


“He’s doing it again.” Lu Han groans as he sits on his chair, his spidey senses tingling in irritation at the realization that the music he is hearing is from outside of his earphone. “Please Yixing, make him stop. I’m a medical student for Christ’s sake.” He pleads to the younger who is on his bed smiling like the love-crazed teenager that he is.

“Oh shush,” Yixing shoots him down, “you’re just jealous because Minseok won’t do these kinds of things for you.”

“Oh God no,” the elder imagining the horror of his suitor doing the same, “I don’t want people to look at me the next morning like I’ve grown two heads.” Lu Han begs the younger again, pointing to their open window where the wind carries the music blasting from below.  

Yixing goes to the window to see Yifan instantly smiling at the sight of his face, waving frantically before picking up a bloc note that’s been lying on the floor for some time now. When he is done he holds it up and Yixing giggles when he sees what’s written on it.

Roses are red, Violets are blue then how come in this colorful world all I see is you?

It is utterly lame and Yixing wants to roll his eyes but he can’t because Yifan is currently wearing that gummy smile that he reserves only for Yixing. Once his giggles have subsided the younger leans forward, his body halfway out of the window before shouting:

“Lu Han wants you to tone it down.”

From his desk, Lu Han corrects him: “No! Completely shut it down, Wu!”

Without even looking toward the direction of the window, Lu Han adds with a surprisingly threatening voice: “Do it or you’ll never get your hands on Zhang ever!”

This seems to do the trick as Yifan scrambles to turn off the speakers connected to his smart phone. 

Yixing watches him move, amused by the elder’s reaction whenever his name is involved in the threat. Once done, Yifan writes something on the note again and holds it up?

How was your day? Yixing spares himself the laughter and lazily says:

“You know if you talk I can still hear you. You’re just wasting paper this way. Aren’t you supposed to save Mother Earth?” Yixing says mockingly, taking a jab at Yifan’s chosen field.

“Can you come down?” Yifan asks, voice a little bit too loud, maybe from excitement or maybe from underestimation of the silence around him. Yixing nods nonetheless and leaves the window.

Once he opens the door, the same gummy smile greets him and the elder holds up a box close to his face while saying: “I brought you cake.”

“What for?” Yixing asks, taking a seat on the elevated sidewalk. Yifan takes the space beside him casually. It has been like this for a while now; Yixing and Yifan meeting at the most convenient times given their inconvenient schedules. Despite growing up in a fairly liberated culture, Yifan has agreed to court Yixing, to woo him, like how real dating should be and earn himself the pride to be called Yixing’s boyfriend. That’s why he is here, bringing gifts and trying to be as close to Yixing as possible as they get to know each other more, more than they have for the past months since they met at the university’s welcoming assembly.

“I just saw it and thought you’d like it.” Yifan explains without even looking at Yixing as if it is the most natural thing to say: buying things because the one you like likes them not because you do. He opens the box and hands Yixing a fork so he can eat the strawberry shortcake that is meant for only two people.

“Has anyone ever told you that are you are the lamest of them all?” Yixing has a smile on his face as he is teasing Yifan. The elder doesn’t mind though as long as he gets to see the dimple adorably peeking from Yixing’s right cheek. Yixing knows the elder will take it in stride, it isn’t like he insulted him for something related to his major or his sports anyway.

“Yeah,” Yifan responds, eyes playing with a light of mischief when he continues, “the mirror on the wall.”

Yixing’s smile falls and nothing goes past his lips for a few seconds before he utters: “Oh my god.”