Midnight Walks

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Midnight Walks


Yixing checks his wristwatch again and sees that it’s already 12:10AM. Yifan promised to be at his hotel by 11PM but his boyfriend is an hour and ten minutes late already without any messages or calls. It’s not the fact that Yifan is late that he’s on his toes pacing his room, it’s the fact that he didn’t get any message telling him the elder will be late; he’s worried to his bones even if it’s only been an hour.

Five minutes later his phone buzzes on his bed and he jumps for it.

From: Baobei
Go down to the parking lot, I’ll be there in five minutes.

Yixing wants to reply something along the lines “Where have you been? I was so worried!” But he lets it rest and grabs a jacket from the cabinet before doing a mad dash for the elevator. He keeps retyping his message for Yifan but then he just completely erases everything and settles to scold his boyfriend face to face.

When he reaches the parking lot, the elevator doors open to reveal a matte black Lamborghini Aventador. The passenger side door slides up to reveal Yifan who’s grinning from ear to ear.

“Hop on.” His boyfriend is beckoning him and his feet follow the elder’s instructions.

“How did you–”

“The people at Lamborghini were kind enough to let me borrow it.” Yifan is obviously excited and his gummy grin is completely inerasable.

“You’re crazy.” Yixing’s hand caresses the interiors of the sports car, amazed, even if he has seen one of these before.

“For you, yes.” Yifan’s reply makes Yixing snort before his lips are being taken in a kiss. To Yifan’s dismay, he pulls away after the first brush of lips.

“Not here.” Yixing whispers against his lips. His smile falls but he nods and pulls away to drive off and away from the hotel.

“Where are we going?” Yixing just realizes that this is not part of their plan for tonight even if they really didn’t have any.

Yifan takes Yixing’s hand when they stop at an intersection and he kisses the back of it; smoothing out his lips on the pale cold back of Yixing’s hand.

“You’ll see.”

 

When they come out of a tunnel, Yixing squeezes Yifan’s hand and asks: “Can we stop here?”

“Here?” Yifan is confused but when Yixing hums he pulls over to the curb. Yixing doesn’t say a word, he just unbuckles his seat belt and opens the door to come out. Yifan follows him after turning the engine off.

“Babe?” Yifan stays beside the car as he watches Yixing walk to the middle of the road. It’s completely deserted since they are quite far from the heart of the city now. 

When the younger reaches the middle of the road where the tunnel they came from meets a bridge on the other side, he turns around and opens his arms for an embrace. This makes Yifan smile and push himself away from the car to where his boyfriend is.

Yixing’s arms instantly wrap around his waist and he buries his face on Yifan’s chest. 

“You know most people who have a small amount of time to spend with their boyfriends use that time to have or something.” Yifan murmurs against the tuft of hair over his mouth.

“But we’re not most people, Fan.” Yixing’s hold on his waist tightens along with the heavy weight of his words.

“Point taken.” Yifan doesn’t dwell on it. “But can I at least get a kiss?”

“Here?” Yixing pulls away to look up at Yifan.

“It’s just us here.” Yifan looks around, as if to double check.

Yixing just pushes himself up on tippy toes and meets Yifan’s lips. Yifan repositions the younger’s hands and places them on the back of his neck. He caresses his own hands down the younger’s arms before pulling the younger closer by the waist. Yifan smiles against the kiss but when he wraps his arms around the younger it falters.

“You’ve grown so thin, baby.” He whispers against Yixing’s lips and the younger instantly deflates to his chest.

“I’m okay.”

Yifan lifts his face by the chin and adds: “You look so tired too.”

“I’m fine.” Yifan doesn’t push him and just allows him to rest in his arms; pulling him even closer than possible to let the moment last.

They stand in the middle of the road, under the amber lights, whispering words of love as if they are a world away within each other’s arms.

 

They walk along the road, back and forth, holding hands and enjoying the chance to be out together without being watched. But this tires both of them out and Yixing reminds Yifan that he has an early flight the next day. Yifan drives him back to his hotel but he doesn’t want to let Yixing go, holding his hand tighter as if this will ensure the younger’s presence beside him forever.

“Mama’s home,” Yifan finally speaks up when they’re just minutes to Yixing’s hotel, “she wants to see you before she goes back to Canada.”

“I’ll be back in a week’s time,” Yixing answers, hand also tightening around his boyfriend’s, “I’ll make sure to see her.”

“And me?” They finally arrive at the parking lot where Yifan picked Yixing up an hour or so ago. “When will I get to see you again?” His eyes are filled with sadness and Yixing wants to look away but he knows that those eyes are also filled with love for him and him alone that he can’t seem to look anywhere else.

Yixing leans across the center console and cups Yifan’s face to give him a lasting kiss, one that holds all of his emotions for the love of his life.

“When time permits.”