Fated

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Fated


Emerald green eyes meet his sapphire blue ones and he holds it, showing no fear for the huge creature before him. Yixing has heard of them, the great, elusive and – might he add – majestic creatures, the dragons. He has never seen one before, only heard of stories of their powers and their greatness. He doesn’t move an inch as he keeps eye contact with the dragon, a god to most, a fairytale to him. But not anymore.

The serpentine creature leans closer to Yixing, the human only flinches when he realizes that the dragon’s snout is just an inch away from his face. He can feel the dragon’s hot and moist breaths right on his face.

And then he hears a low rumble. 

At first he thought it was just a horde of animals who go around in flocks but he hears it again, much louder this time and he can’t deny that it came from the dragon as he puffs of white smoke come out  from the creature’s nostrils. His eyes widen in surprise when he feels the dragon’s pair of long golden whiskers curl around his hands. The dragon slowly lifts his right hand to place it over his snout before letting go to curl the same whisker around Yixing’s waist to pull the human closer.

Yixing carefully pets the dragon’s snout and he’s taken aback when he hears the great creature purr under his touch. He doesn’t say anything about it or how peculiar everything is in general and just keeps petting the dragon, always amazed at the creature’s reaction. The purring seems to be getting louder and he can’t help but marvel at how tame the beast has become.

The dragon is so relaxed that his long winding body that was once floating in the air is slowly slithering around the ground, the same ground that Yixing is standing on. It curls around itself once his whole body is on land.

In a matter of seconds, a mist has surrounded Yixing and the dragon and the next second that the human places his hand down to pet the dragon he feels nothing. He is sure the creature is just there. He looks around but the mist is clouding his vision. He tries to swat it away and fortunately it decides to clear just as fast as it appeared.

In the middle of the clearing where he stumbled upon the dragon minutes ago, stands a tall man with emerald green eyes, his hair a golden blonde and parts of his body is covered in scales of green and gold. His eyes are trained to Yixing’s and even before the human can move, he walks closer to him, trapping Yixing with his gaze. The human can feel his cheeks burning and his eyes darting away from the form walking to his direction.

Yixing doesn’t have time to step back or run away when the man, who he thinks is the same dragon he encountered, kneels down and takes his hand to give it a kiss.

The dragon looks up and without letting go of Yixing’s hand says: “I’ve been looking all over for you.”

Yixing has no reaction, he doesn’t know how to. He just keeps staring at the man before him with wide owl eyes.

“I don’t…” Yixing shakes his head, trying to find reason as to what is happening to him.

This must be a dream, Yixing thinks as he looks at the scales shimmering under the sunlight.

He watches as the man stands back up and traces a finger over his necklace. The heirloom is a red diamond sitting in the middle of an obsidian. It is hanging around Yixing’s neck, hidden underneath his clothes. Yixing doesn’t know much about the necklace just that it is supposed to keep him safe and he vaguely remembers his grandmother saying: “It will lead your fated one to you.”

“Only a royal descendant of the Leporidae can tame and claim a royal descendant of the Dragons.” The taller explains as he takes both of Yixing’s hands in his much larger ones, the human noting the golden scales on the back of his hands.

“You’re saying…”

“You are the only one in your family that has those beautiful sapphire blue eyes, am I right?” The dragon asks and Yixing isn’t even baffled by the fact that he knows such a detail about a person he has only met. It also makes him feel inadequate for not knowing much about the taller save for what he has heard from the villagers.

“Come with me and be my companion.” The dragon proposes with eyes that seem to be pleading to Yixing.

“I don’t even know your name, dragon.” Yixing utters, hoping he had not offended the great creature.

“My name is Yifan.” He answers after a beat, gently squeezing Yixing’s hands in his.

“I am…”

“Zhang Yixing.” The dragon cuts him off but he can’t protest about it when he sees the man smile to reveal perfect pearly whites which were thankfully not sharp enough to hurt anyone. He thinks of how the dragon knows all of these information and as if he read his mind, the dragon simply answers:

“We belong to each other, your thoughts are mine as well.” Yifan taps his pointer finger to his temple twice to show proof.

“But how come…” Yixing is at a loss for words, he thinks it is unfair that he cannot do the same. Yifan lifts his chin up and coos at him not to worry about it.

“Once you’ve accepted your true form and once we have completely mated then you will be able to read mine as well.” Yifan continues to explain but Yixing’s brain seemed to have stopped at the word mated. His flabbergasted expression has Yifan letting out a chuckle before telling him: “You need not worry, my love. It will come in time.”

 

 

 


A/N: This drabble was inspired by this fanart of a dragon and a bunny*^^*