Playmate

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Playmate


“You think he’ll like it?” Yixing asks for the nth time as he waits with Yifan outside of their son’s school.

“He’ll love it.” Yifan pets the curled up fur on Yixing’s lap, its chocolate brown color reminiscent of Yixing’s old brunette shade.

They spot their son coming out of the school gates and Yixing braces himself before snuggling the animal closer to his body. Yifan opens the door for him and they both wait for the kid to get to then. They greet their son even before the child can reach them, holding out the puppy for him to see.

“Happy birthday!” Shixun’s eyes widen in surprise and his lips break out into a big smile then he dashes to where his parents are in a matter of seconds and jumps up to get hold of the puppy.

“Do you like it?” Yifan asks as he fondly ruffles his son’s hair who’s already inspecting his new playmate.

“Yes! Yes! I love it! I love him!” The kid then hugs the pup who initially squirms in his hold and only relaxes when Shixun loosens his embrace.

“What do you say?” Yixing asks his kid as he pets the puppy on his son’s arms.

“Thank you! Thank you Baba! Thank you Daddy!” Shixun give his parents the biggest and brightest smile that Yifan and Yixing give him back the same automatically.


Two weeks later, Yixing comes into Yifan’s office while the elder reads new materials for his recurrent training. 

“We’ve lost our son,” Yixing cries out to Yifan and before the elder can get to his heels, Yixing continues, “to a puppy! I can’t believe this!”

Yifan sighs in relief then laughs at his husband’s misery. It is true that Shixun has been spending a lot of time with the new pup, playing around their wide backyard, ending up with lots of dirty laundry for Yixing.

“I think it’s a good thing, actually.” Yifan stands up and hugs Yixing from behind as the younger watches their son on the backyard from the windows of Yifan’s office. With his deep voice that he knows Yixing’s knees go weak for, he whispers on his husband’s ears playfully: “We can also play.”

For added effect, Yifan the younger’s earlobe and he can feel Yixing’s body shudder in his hold. He turns Yixing’s body around and pushes him to the glass window before kissing him, his tongue giving no time for Yixing’s brain to function properly.

“Remember when I used to you against this window?” Yixing lets out a mewl as Yifan nips at his sensitive neck. And the reminder of their past ual adventures has him going stiff and wet beneath his sweats. They were too caught up in putting their tongue down each other’s throats that they don’t see their son and their pup leaving the backyard. They also don’t hear the footsteps on the stairs even if Yifan’s office door is wide open.

“Baba, I’m hungry.” They jump out of each other’s arms when they hear their son’s voice and a yip from the puppy. 

“Ah, go get changed while Baba prepares you a snack,” Yixing instructs his son, noting the young Wu’s mud-filled clothes, even his feet are dirty, “Make sure to wash, okay?” The child nods and calls for the poodle’s attention so that he will follow him out of the room.

When Shixun is out of sight, Yifan grabs Yixing’s wrist before the younger can follow his son out of the office. With a smirk and a playful glint in his eyes, Yifan says: “Our playtime isn’t over yet, sweetheart.”