Ghostly business

Man of my dreams

Junmyeon's knee bounced up and down as he sat in the cafe waiting for Yifan, he'd barely slept the night before, wrought with worry about what Yifan could tell him about the ghost. 

'Junmyeon.' A deep voice spoke behind him.

Junmyeon snapped his head round to see Yifan stood there. The taller man rounded the table and sat down, loosening his galaxy pattern tie slightly. Junmyeon chose to ignore the increadibly ugly tie but he couldn't ignore the odd earring chioce, a small angel wing dangled from his lobes with small cartoon-ish bear faces right next to them. He wondered how Yifan got away with them but then he remembered his family owned the place so he could have shown up in a chicken costume and no one would have said anything.

'Can I have a coffee please and, Junmyeon what do you want?' 

Junmyeon had competely zoned out looking at Yifan and hadn't noticed the waitress that had come to take their orders.

'Um, I'll have the same.'

The fell into silence, Junmyeon desperately wanted to ask about the ghost but he couldn't even make eye contact with Yifan without needing to look away. The taller man was just staring at him, it was a warm smile that Junmyeon was familiar with but he still couldn't look. The waitress came over with their drinks and after taking a few sips of his coffee Yifan finally spoke.

'So the ghost.' He laced his fingers together and rested his chin on his hands.

Junmyeon sat forward with anticipation, nodding his head.

'I think, and think being the keyword here, I think it's my grandma.' 

'Your grandma?' Junmyeon raised his eyebrow suspiciously.

He's messing with me.

'No, no I'm being serious, she always believed in ghosts and spirits and stuff like this, the rest of the family never really took her seriously, even myself.'

'Go on.'

'So all my life she was telling me about how I'd have trouble finding love and stuff and,' He hesistaed awkwardly after he'd said the word love. 'She would always saying that she'd have to find me someone otherwise I'd die alone, but then she passsed away a few years ago, she was in her 90's so she'd done really well to live that long.'

He paused and swallowed, avoiding eye contact with Junmyeon.

'I went to see her just before she died, alone, cause she's my mums mum and my brothers are my dads other children with his old wife, and she told me again that she was going to find me someone. At the time I thought it was just her being confused, you know how old people get, but for a while after that, I don't know I felt like I was being watched a lot of the time and stuff kept going missing and winding up in odd parts of the house  and  then when the dreams started they were all in places I know from growing up and you, you are real so it didn't make sense that  you'd be in those dreams but when you said ghost it all clicked.' Yifan looked at Junmyeon slightly wide eyed to make sure he got it.

Junmyeon got where the other was coming from with his idea but he wasn't sure how he felt about the prospect of being haunted by someones grandma.

'So you think your grandma is haunting me and bringing our dreams together to set you up with me?' He was still a bit sceptical about it.

'Well, yeah,' He coughed, looked away and mumbled, 'She was always good at finding the right things.'

They both blushed and looked away from each other, Yifan coughed awkwardly again and took a sip of his coffee. Junmyeon was trying to stop himself from smiling but it really wasn't working.

'So do you think your grandma is going to y'know stop haunting me now?'

'Maybe, but she did have a habit of getting into peoples business so she might not quite go away until she knows everything is good between us.' He took another sip of his coffee.

'Is that your way of asking me on another date?' Junmyeon asked.

'Yes.'

They spent the rest of the date talking about their days at work and their plans for the next few weeks so they could organise another few dates. Yifan's schedule was booked almost full, but what can you expect when he was setting up a whole Korean branch in just a few weeks.

'We can put the date off for another few weeks, you shouldn't overwork yourself, you have so much on your plate.' Junmyeon reached his hand out to hold Yifan's.

'No, no it's fine, plus if we don't see eachother we might start having dreams again.' Yifan said.

It was weird, they'd only just really met but Yifan couldn't stand the idea of not seeing Junmyeon for that long.

'We can still call ech other, you getting enough rest and getting through all of your work is the most important thing.' 

'Yeah I guess.' Yifan mumbled in response.

'Are you pouting cause you're not getting you own way?' Junmyeon raised his eyebrow mockingly.

'I'm not pouting.' Yifan huffed earning a laugh from the other.

'Yes you are.' Junmyeon squeezed Yifan's hand harder.

It really was weird they were talking like they'd know each other their whole lives, the dreams really had helped them get to know each other.

They finished their drinks and agreed to call each other that night, parting with a kiss on the cheeks and a long hug.